Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

No regrets LL, all going well one thing I have noticed Live streaming through the BT Sport app wouldn't be great (very stop/start) which is a pain in the ass, I don't have this issue with any streams to watch Utd from twitter and all other video playback is spot on. Go for it this a great piece of kit. My next move will be for a Mi 5.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: laoislad on January 09, 2017, 01:22:50 PM
Cheers. I'm buying it for the wife. I read it can't get 4G though.Is that true? Doubt it will bother her though.

I can get 4G on mine. I'm with Vodafone. I think there may be issues with other networks though.
Have a look at this and you'll be able to tell:
http://willmyphonework.net/

1 issue I have had with the phone is that periodically (every 3 months or so) every time the phone is in sleep mode and
after I wake it up, the phone locks. An ad may then appear taking up the whole screen.
When I close the ad everything works fine. It's quite annoying though. I googled and was able to change some google ad settings.
I'm pretty sure it's related to an app called "File Manager" which I'm unable to uninstall. I am able to stop it and that along with
changing the ad settings I mentioned seems to get rid of it for a few months.

BenDover

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 09, 2017, 02:25:04 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 09, 2017, 01:22:50 PM
Cheers. I'm buying it for the wife. I read it can't get 4G though.Is that true? Doubt it will bother her though.

I can get 4G on mine. I'm with Vodafone. I think there may be issues with other networks though.
Have a look at this and you'll be able to tell:
http://willmyphonework.net/

1 issue I have had with the phone is that periodically (every 3 months or so) every time the phone is in sleep mode and
after I wake it up, the phone locks. An ad may then appear taking up the whole screen.
When I close the ad everything works fine. It's quite annoying though. I googled and was able to change some google ad settings.
I'm pretty sure it's related to an app called "File Manager" which I'm unable to uninstall. I am able to stop it and that along with
changing the ad settings I mentioned seems to get rid of it for a few months.
Geoff I'm not having that issue but I'll keep an eye out for it. LL I have 4G on mine I'm with EE up here. Use the link provided by Geoff and you'll see what provider works on the 4G bands. Great phone for a sim only plan I'm on 4GB unlimited calls/texts for £9.95. Battery life is excellent 2 days easily.

laoislad

That phone came today.  Have to say I'm seriously impressed with it.  So much so I think I'll keep it for myself and give the wife my battered S6!
For the price it's a very good piece of kit.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

macdanger2

Any recommendations for an android maps/navigation app other than Google maps??

macdanger2

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 29, 2017, 11:30:02 PM
Any recommendations for an android maps/navigation app other than Google maps??

Anyone?

gallsman

Can't recommend one as have no reason to use anything other than Google maps? It's the best by a mile.

Carmen Stateside

Waze app is what i use here in the states. Its very popular.

macdanger2

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 02, 2017, 01:39:29 AM

Cheers, will try that.

armaghniac

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 02, 2017, 11:35:27 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 02, 2017, 01:39:29 AM

Cheers, will try that.

Google own Waze, the main thing it adds is more traffic information and this is a function of the number of people using it where you are.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

macdanger2

I bought a new SD card for my phone the other day as the internal storage was filling up. When I transferred my photos to it (using the phone app), ~90% of the photos are now showing as just a black screen. Same thing when I view them on a laptop.

Are the photos f*cked or is it possible to recover them? I backed up the phone ~4 months ago so not everything is gone but still a decent amount of photos

Thanks

macdanger2

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 06, 2018, 08:47:10 PM
I bought a new SD card for my phone the other day as the internal storage was filling up. When I transferred my photos to it (using the phone app), ~90% of the photos are now showing as just a black screen. Same thing when I view them on a laptop.

Are the photos f*cked or is it possible to recover them? I backed up the phone ~4 months ago so not everything is gone but still a decent amount of photos

Thanks

Anyone?

gallsman

What phone is it? Some gallery apps struggle to read from SD cards, of you moved the files, you'll still be able to see them on a PC, they should be safe on the card.

Best option is to back them up on Google Photos.

macdanger2

Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2018, 11:09:04 PM
What phone is it? Some gallery apps struggle to read from SD cards, of you moved the files, you'll still be able to see them on a PC, they should be safe on the card.

Best option is to back them up on Google Photos.
It's a Sony. Not able to view them on a PC either, from what I've read, they're probably gone but was hoping someone here might have something different to say

gallsman

All you did was move the files onto an SD card?