Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dire Ear on October 22, 2019, 02:46:06 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50137702
A woman who lived with her partner's decomposing corpse for more than a week and then claimed his prescription medication, has been jailed for a year
Is a year suitable?
The fact that her address is Holywell Hospital should tell it's own story.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 22, 2019, 07:10:22 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on October 22, 2019, 02:46:06 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50137702
A woman who lived with her partner's decomposing corpse for more than a week and then claimed his prescription medication, has been jailed for a year
Is a year suitable?
The fact that her address is Holywell Hospital should tell it's own story.

Personally speaking I think jail is not the answer for this woman. Obvious mental health issues that need to be addressed.

TabClear

What might have been....Probably teh best striker in the world right now.

At 31, Lewandowski is probably unlikely to catch either Messi or Ronaldo but his goalscoring statistics, particularly at an age when some players are past their best, are hugely impressive. But Lewandowski's career could have taken a very different trajectory if not for a volcano preventing him from joining Blackburn from Polish side Lech Poznanback in April 2010. The eruption of an Icelandic volcano nine years ago and the ash cloud that it created resulted in his flight to England's north-west being cancelled. "I couldn't go because of the cloud. It was the volcano. The volcano with the ash cloud," Lewandowski, who eventually signed for Borussia Dortmund in June 2010, told the Times.

"It was one week and nobody could fly in Europe. The flight was booked, but we couldn't leave. It changed my life. If I had gone to Blackburn maybe I would have stayed there."

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: general_lee on October 23, 2019, 01:01:13 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 23, 2019, 09:57:25 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50150070

Not good.
Just curious but why is he charged with murder?

He's not charged,  he's arrested on suspicion of murder. He would never be found guilty of murder but normally arrest on the highest charge and then work back from there. To be honest but call me a cynic but this is a very 'convenient' story for the Government.

yellowcard

Sounds like a harrowing tragedy, who knows if the driver was even privy as to the contents of the trailer at this stage. I dread to think what the poor people contained within the trailer of that lorry must have went through. 

Jeepers Creepers

Terrible tragedy.
Lorry travelled from Bulgaria to England via Dublin & Holyhead? No checks along the way or did they board somewhere along the way?

under the bar

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 23, 2019, 01:21:33 PM

Not good.

He's not charged,  he's arrested on suspicion of murder. He would never be found guilty of murder but normally arrest on the highest charge and then work back from there. To be honest but call me a cynic but this is a very 'convenient' story for the Government.

+1   Johnson will probably point to this tragedy as an example why Brexit needs to get done!

general_lee

Not good.

Ah. He's been named, Portadown gentleman.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 23, 2019, 01:46:06 PM
Terrible tragedy.
Lorry travelled from Bulgaria to England via Dublin & Holyhead? No checks along the way or did they board somewhere along the way?
The container entered the UK from Belgium. The lorry came across from Holyhead
Careful now

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: general_lee on October 23, 2019, 04:12:41 PM

Not good.

Ah. He's been named, Portadown gentleman.

If he's not guilty or involved, hard to see how he ever recovers from being named named. Guardian have named him online I see.

imtommygunn

Yeah I think that is completely out of line to name him.

LeoMc

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 23, 2019, 04:15:43 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on October 23, 2019, 01:46:06 PM
Terrible tragedy.
The container entered the UK from Belgium. The lorry came across from Holyhead
So he possibly had just collected the trailer and had no idea what was inside?
Would the container have come across by boat?

lurganblue

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 23, 2019, 04:29:08 PM
Yeah I think that is completely out of line to name him.

I only heard the news at about 10am on the radio and within a few mins I had a name and picture of the lad sent to me through Whatsapp.  Astonishing how quickly this got around.