Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Good second half. Cavani is something else, if we'd signed him 10 or 15 years ago he'd be our top scorer ever.

Cunny Funt

West Hams beaten that means Man United have officially secured a top 4 finish for a 2nd season in a row for the first time since Ferguson retired. Clear progression made.

On Maguire he walked to the bus after the match wearing a protective boot, Ole said he could be out for weeks or a month if the latter he'll miss the Europa league final and I'd say Villarreal will fancy themselves against a Lindelof, Bailly centre back pairing.

Nanderson

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2021, 06:35:16 PM
West Hams beaten that means Man United have officially secured a top 4 finish for a 2nd season in a row for the first time since Ferguson retired. Clear progression made.

On Maguire he walked to the bus after the match wearing a protective boot, Ole said he could be out for weeks or a month if the latter he'll miss the Europa league final and I'd say Villarreal will fancy themselves against a Lindelof, Bailly centre back pairing.
I'd say looking at the injury it looks highly like a ankle ligament or an achilles tendon injury. so i wouldnt expect anything more from him this season with the euros coming up

Boycey

Quote from: Nanderson on May 09, 2021, 06:57:58 PM

I'd say looking at the injury it looks highly like a ankle ligament or an achilles tendon injury. so i wouldnt expect anything more from him this season with the euros coming up

Seriously

snoopdog

Quote from: Boycey on May 09, 2021, 06:59:52 PM

Seriously
Looked a tame enough incident when he went over on it. Thought the boot was only for precaution hopefully.

Boycey

Quote from: snoopdog on May 09, 2021, 07:39:06 PM

Seriously
Looked a tame enough incident when he went over on it. Thought the boot was only for precaution hopefully.

I saw it alright and it did look harmless but you never know. I was more reacting to a suggestion that he'd mind himself so as to play for England in the Euros? He's been pretty resolute in his time at Utd, played every minute of every league game til he went off today and he clearly didn't even want to go off then.

Nanderson

Quote from: Boycey on May 09, 2021, 08:30:28 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on May 09, 2021, 07:39:06 PM

Seriously

I saw it alright and it did look harmless but you never know. I was more reacting to a suggestion that he'd mind himself so as to play for England in the Euros? He's been pretty resolute in his time at Utd, played every minute of every league game til he went off today and he clearly didn't even want to go off then.
Europa League final is 2 and a half weeks away. If his injury is what I think it is he wont be fit for it. Top 4 is secured for united and with fulham still to play in the league top 2 is virtually a given so there is no point him being risked if he's not going to be fit for the final

Boycey

Apologies if I took you up wrong, I thought you were suggesting he'd miss out on a Europa Final to increase his chances of playing for England

NAG1

If ever a display and result summed up the season it was yesterday.

It is just a pity that the seem to be picking up a few little injuries now that the league is done.

Maguire despite his short comings is a big miss to the team and it does make the Euro final now a bigger challenge. Lindelof was making strides forwards but has still got those weak moments which he showed a few times yesterday.

Still going to be a few signings needed to mount a challenge for a title.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on May 10, 2021, 10:59:02 AM

It is just a pity that the seem to be picking up a few little injuries now that the league is done.

Maguire despite his short comings is a big miss to the team and it does make the Euro final now a bigger challenge. Lindelof was making strides forwards but has still got those weak moments which he showed a few times yesterday.

You'd imagine Maguire will be back for the final

NAG1

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2021, 11:05:02 AM

I would hope so, even on personal level for him to miss out it would be cruel. But two and half weeks is a tight turn around for any kind of injury, here's hoping it is not that bad.

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on May 10, 2021, 11:21:58 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2021, 11:05:02 AM

I would hope so, even on personal level for him to miss out it would be cruel. But two and half weeks is a tight turn around for any kind of injury, here's hoping it is not that bad.
He'll most likely be playing tomorrow ffs. Do no harm to wrap him in cotton wool for 2 weeks

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2021, 04:12:13 PM

Just need 1 point to secure a top 4 place finish now and 4 points to finish 2nd. I'd expect big rotation for the Leicester game on Tuesday.
That would be a strange thing to do when the title race isn't over yet.
Would never have happened in Fergies time, he would have kept going right until the end.
Man United have different standards now though granted.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: laoislad on May 10, 2021, 05:19:11 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 09, 2021, 04:12:13 PM

Just need 1 point to secure a top 4 place finish now and 4 points to finish 2nd. I'd expect big rotation for the Leicester game on Tuesday.
That would be a strange thing to do when the title race isn't over yet.
Would never have happened in Fergies time, he would have kept going right until the end.
Man United have different standards now though granted.
Player welfare is the main focus and the FA/Premier league showed no regard to it.  Its not possible to play that amount of games in short space of time without rotation. Ferguson himself faced a simliar schedule towards the end of the 1991/92  season and it basically handed the league title to Leeds.

The Premier league should have used the their common sense to move the now relegated West Brom v Liverpool game forward and then play Man United v Liverpool on May 15th/16th and that way it would have allowed United to field a strong 11 against Leicester and likely beat them.

laoislad

Maybe the fans shouldn't have rioted and then none of this would have been problem 🤷
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.