The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

John Daly was better than mccluskey.

Milltown Row2

Is there not an all star thread?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Discussion is about the Sunday Game team of the year so correct thread.

ONeill

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 24, 2022, 11:44:00 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 24, 2022, 11:38:22 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 24, 2022, 11:31:20 PM
I don't think Rian O'Neill was the second best midfielder this year.

Gallagher, for a deep thinker like him, was poor tonight.

I think he deserves one and that was his best chance.

Tokenism.

Stick him in goals then. Every bit as much right to win one there.

Do you think he didn't play midfield?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on July 24, 2022, 11:54:29 PM
Discussion is about the Sunday Game team of the year so correct thread.

Mentioning all stars in post above mine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: ONeill on July 24, 2022, 11:55:11 PM
Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on July 24, 2022, 11:44:00 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 24, 2022, 11:38:22 PM

I think he deserves one and that was his best chance.

Tokenism.

Stick him in goals then. Every bit as much right to win one there.

Do you think he didn't play midfield?

Nowhere near enough to be considered in the top two.

Cunny Funt

Highlights there was few real stand out midfielders this year, the way the game is gone suppose. McDaid wasn't really either, was as much helping out in defence and scoring or creating that playing in midfield.  He's a natural wing half back.

Rory Gallagher was very poor but won't get the criticism from thewobbler as he wasn't wearing a dress.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 25, 2022, 12:14:38 AM

Highlights there was few real stand out midfielders this year, the way the game is gone suppose. McDaid wasn't really either, was as much helping out in defence and scoring or creating that playing in midfield.  He's a natural wing half back.

Rory Gallagher was very poor but won't get the criticism from thewobbler as he wasn't wearing a dress.

Maybe wobbler isn't expressing it as well as he wants, but no men (that I've watched)  have been on ladies  football or camogie, hopefully next weekend will be different

JoG2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 25, 2022, 12:14:38 AM

Why?

onefineday

It seems like Gallagher was drafted in last minute to cover for Cora Staunton. Bit awkward imo having a current manager of a team there, thought he was fine, very limited in what he can say there given his current role.

Walter Cronc

Ridiculous Brendan Rogers not on team of the year!

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 25, 2022, 07:15:21 AM
Ridiculous Brendan Rogers not on team of the year!

With all due respect to Derry, their players were brilliant in ulster in the provincials. After that they didn't do enough.
While I agree players like comer didn't exactly cement their place in Sunday Game TOTY -

Kerry beat mayo in the quarters and Dublin in the semis to reach the final. Galway beat Armagh and then Derry.

Derry's all Ireland this year was ulster and a great achievement, as their own supporters said - anything after that was bonus territory.

They could only beat the what was in front of them but ultimately they drew the worst team left in the competition in Clare, and then were appalling against Galway when it really mattered.

Rogers was roasted by Comer and had no answers to him at the biggest stage, a semi final. Shane McGuigan did FA from play either. Mccluskey kept Walsh quiet yes but derry were still well beat.

Dublin pushed the now all Ireland champions right to the end of the game.

Derry getting one All star probably about right.

WT4E

Quote from: onefineday on July 25, 2022, 01:25:35 AM

It seems like Gallagher was drafted in last minute to cover for Cora Staunton. Bit awkward imo having a current manager of a team there, thought he was fine, very limited in what he can say there given his current role.

Also it needs context. Des Cahill is shocking and put some very strange questions/comments to him the others!

Eamon Fitz was doing a better job of presenting than Des last night I thought. Thoughtful, bringing others into the conversation and name checking!

yellowcard

Quote from: WT4E on July 25, 2022, 10:31:31 AM
Quote from: onefineday on July 25, 2022, 01:25:35 AM

Also it needs context. Des Cahill is shocking and put some very strange questions/comments to him the others!

Eamon Fitz was doing a better job of presenting than Des last night I thought. Thoughtful, bringing others into the conversation and name checking!

Fitzmaurice is a very good pundit, if you can get around the droll voice he talks an awful lot of sense and knows the game. Probably best in co-commentary as he can see things during the game that others don't and relay them to the viewer. I normally don't mind McStay but he was a bit of a dose yesterday on co-commentary.

Rossfan

RTÉ could do us all a favour by getting rid of Cahill and " I didn't see what happened there" McStay
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM