Kerry v Mayo AIQF 26th June 4pm Croke Park

Started by highorlow, June 13, 2022, 12:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on June 26, 2022, 07:01:46 PM
Don't think Kerry would beat Dublin on that performance. Turned over a load of ball to Mayo who couldn't make it count but Dublin won't have that problem. Mayo put plenty of effort in but lacked the quality and creativity needed. There's a few hanging around the squad now that probably need to go and possibly new manager??
Yep, but Mayo's defence is superior to Dublin's, which hasn't been tested at all yet. Playing Lee Gannon at corner back is the equivalent of playing Niall Scully at corner back but he hasn't had to do any defending! Kerry will change that.

Dublin's forward line is of course far superior to Mayo's, so we would make Kerry pay if they gave us 31 scoring chances.  In fairness to Mayo, there is no county who could survive missing their two scoring corner forwards.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2022, 07:00:08 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2022, 06:27:12 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2022, 06:24:23 PM:'(
Looks like the end for Mayo.
The journey started over a decade ago in Longford.
So many tantalising days.

It all ended 5 years ago in 2017. How do you think Galway beat us this year?  ;D
The tail.was very long

Galway grabbed draws from the jaws of victory today. You need to get rid of that goalkeeper!

onefineday

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 26, 2022, 06:56:58 PM
Quote from: greatpoint on June 26, 2022, 06:35:29 PM
Can't see Kerry beating Dublin
I can but depends on the fitness of David Clifford.

Poor enough showing from Mayo 2nd half looked as flat as the atmosphere. Kerry showed Galway how to close a game out.
Equally depends on con. On this weekend's showing neither Kerry nor Dublin looked impressive. Dublin without Con have no x-factor, totally uninspiring, dull. Kerry looked equally unimpressive today.
Let's hope Con and Clifford are firing on all cylinders in a few weeks, if that's the case, could be a classic.

Hound

If Galway or Derry had played Kerry or Dublin in championship a year or two ago, they would have been beaten before they crossed the white line.

The same can't be said this year, and both should know the winners of that semi have a good chance in the final

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I can't see Derry getting beat at this stage

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on June 26, 2022, 07:19:52 PM
If Galway or Derry had played Kerry or Dublin in championship a year or two ago, they would have been beaten before they crossed the white line.

The same can't be said this year, and both should know the winners of that semi have a good chance in the final

Do you think?

From the Bunker

At Least Mayo fans got an extra hour in Croke Park and got to see Galway overcome Armagh. So all was not lost!  ;D

Blowitupref

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2022, 07:24:59 PM

Do you think?

Derry or Galway will give a decent account in the final but its hard to see past Dublin or Kerry winning it out.  Hopefully Con O'Callaghan and David Clifford are fit for this semi final all neutrals wants to see the best players fare off i presume this upcoming semi final will be a sell out. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

galwayman

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2022, 08:30:57 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2022, 07:24:59 PM

Do you think?

Derry or Galway will give a decent account in the final but its hard to see past Dublin or Kerry winning it out.  Hopefully Con O'Callaghan and David Clifford are fit for this semi final all neutrals wants to see the best players fare off i presume this upcoming semi final will be a sell out.
Hard to argue with that in fairness.

seafoid

The end of the previous Mayo cycle

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16514.0

There will be another one kicking off soon
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seaf ;Doid on June 26, 2022, 09:47:24 PM
The end of the previous Mayo cycle

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16514.0

There will be another one kicking off soon

This version of Gaaboard is not old enough for you to link The beginning of Galways last cycle.  ;D

Mayo4Sam14

Where do Mayo go from here? It's a sad way to see one of the great modern managers go, but that has to be time for Horan. Who are the contenders to succeed him?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

I still very much expect Dublin to win this out, Kerry did not impress me at all.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 26, 2022, 11:05:08 PM
Where do Mayo go from here? It's a sad way to see one of the great modern managers go, but that has to be time for Horan. Who are the contenders to succeed him?

Great is a bit of a stretch! It's not like he was working with limited resources - financial and natural.

He brought us to a higher place and made thinking of winning Sam the norm.

He did well but he never sealed the deal.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 26, 2022, 07:24:30 PM
I can't see Derry getting beat at this stage

I suppose stranger things have happened, but this is a mad statement Fear! I hope you're right though  ;D