Cryptocurrency

Started by gallsman, September 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Binance have halted trading on Luna.

clarshack

Quote from: screenexile on May 13, 2022, 09:46:27 AM
Binance have halted trading on Luna.

other exchanges have too by the looks of it, don't be throwing money at it on an exchange that might still be trading it or you will lose your money. The circulating supply of Luna is now at 6 trillion coins, I think the circulating supply was only about 370 million coins at the start of the week.

The coin is dead.

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:26:57 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 13, 2022, 09:19:44 AM
Was wondering would it be worth a punt in the likes of Luna?  Is it likely to rebound?

What is Luna and how much is a punt? £1000 to test the water?

A big grand!  ;D

If I was to say, invest the princely sum of £50 (I'm as far removed from a gambling man as you can get), who'd be a good bet?
Thanks

AnPuca

I'm heavy in on Cardano. Just flipping the NFTs and that are a great way to make extra.

clarshack

Quote from: JoG2 on May 13, 2022, 10:03:12 AM
Was wondering would it be worth a punt in the likes of Luna?  Is it likely to rebound?

A big grand!  ;D

If I was to say, invest the princely sum of £50 (I'm as far removed from a gambling man as you can get), who'd be a good bet?
Thanks

Not financial advice lol but if you can stretch to about £65-£70 buy some ISO 20022 compliant coins. Maybe go with 1000 XDC, 150 XLM, 50 XRP and leave them til the end of 2022/start of 2023.
Other ISO 20022 compliant coins are Iota and Algorand.

seafoid

Crypto is far too volatile for ordinary people. It is easy to manipulate
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: AnPuca on May 13, 2022, 10:25:43 AM
I'm heavy in on Cardano. Just flipping the NFTs and that are a great way to make extra.
What app/website do you use for the NFT's? Would like to get started on them but want to do a bit of research first.

clarshack

Was reading that several people have taken their lives this week due to the Luna crash. Shocking stuff.

JoG2

Quote from: clarshack on May 13, 2022, 10:30:27 AM

A big grand!  ;D

Thanks

Not financial advice lol but if you can stretch to about £65-£70 buy some ISO 20022 compliant coins. Maybe go with 1000 XDC, 150 XLM, 50 XRP and leave them til the end of 2022/start of 2023.

Thanks Clar, will have a look (not that I have a feckin clue what I'm looking for right enough). Downloaded Trust Wallet, but through that app OK?

imtommygunn

The whole thing is far too volatile. You just get people like Musk, I suppose like the stock market, playing it. Not worth the stress it brings.

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on May 13, 2022, 10:39:42 AM
Was reading that several people have taken their lives this week due to the Luna crash. Shocking stuff.
Awful. Never put in more than you don't care about losing. See that ksi fella lost a few million at it as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2022, 10:41:34 AM
Quote from: clarshack on May 13, 2022, 10:39:42 AM
Awful. Never put in more than you don't care about losing. See that ksi fella lost a few million at it as well.

I've been off the drink for few weeks and on stupid diet, so what money I've save form staying away from the offy/bar and takeaways/restaurants I've saved about £400 or more lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/6dcd0263-f974-4833-97a9-93b05be74f6e

The stablecoin, which operates almost like a central bank for the crypto market, has seen cracks emerge in its dollar peg after a much smaller stablecoin, TerraUSD, went into meltdown earlier this week. The two tokens work differently, but the nuance is largely the narcissism of small differences. Either these things can maintain a one-for-one peg with the dollar or they can't. If they can't, then the belief system underpinning crypto is in trouble. Tether also potentially matters to broader markets through a different channel. Its dollar peg is maintained not through algorithmic wizardry, like TerraUSD. Instead it claims to back the link with the buck using good old-fashioned reserves. Details on what exactly is in those reserves have been scant, and not subjected to widely accepted accounting norms. But in theory, they run to $80bn, matching the amount of tether tokens in circulation. Last year, rating agency Fitch warned that if tether holders were to fold and seek to flip their tokens into real money, then that could destabilise the short-term credit markets where the company says it holds lots of funds. "The rapid growth of stablecoin issuance could, in time, have implications for the functioning of short-term credit markets,"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clarshack

Quote from: JoG2 on May 13, 2022, 10:40:23 AM
Quote from: clarshack on May 13, 2022, 10:30:27 AM

A big grand!  ;D

Thanks

Thanks Clar, will have a look (not that I have a feckin clue what I'm looking for right enough). Downloaded Trust Wallet, but through that app OK?

Haven't used Trust Wallet before but just downloaded it there to have a quick look. It supports XRP, XLM and Algorand but it appears to have a £50 minimum purchase per transaction? so if you are are only looking to spend £50 you are limited to picking 1 coin.

Smokin Joe

My view is not to go into the market yet on alt coins. 
There will be a time where good money can be made, but given the macro economic conditions (Fed talking about another few rate hikes and the drive to have the Dollar so strong) I'd be fairly sure that we'll be going lower in the coming months and the alt coin valuations that we are seeing now will get rekt.
Like ADA has lost approx 80% from it's highs, but it could easily lose another 50% from here if Bitcoin bottoms.  Ultimately the entire market of crypto is driven by how healthy Bitcoin is; when Bitcoin is not strong the alts get rekt.