Ulster SFC: Derry v Donegal 27th June 2015

Started by Estimator, June 14, 2015, 03:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 17, 2015, 10:16:00 AM
Ok...let me ask it another way....is it possible to watch the game on TV/Internet without a sky subscription?

Unfortunately my father wouldn't be able to make the trip to Clones, trying to suss out if there's a way he can watch it from home.

Don't think so. You would most likely need the internet as a minimum.

tbrick18

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 17, 2015, 10:26:02 AM
Ok...let me ask it another way....is it possible to watch the game on TV/Internet without a sky subscription?

Unfortunately my father wouldn't be able to make the trip to Clones, trying to suss out if there's a way he can watch it from home.

He has the internet, just doesnt have a sky subscription.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 17, 2015, 10:31:32 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 17, 2015, 10:26:02 AM

He has the internet, just doesnt have a sky subscription.

GAA GO are covering it tbrick:

https://gaago.rte.ie/fixture/FC-USF2/

You just need a proxy server going now to get a non-GB/Ireland IP  ;)
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Walter Cronc

Or can you buy a one off game on nowtv?? Similar to that of a premiership match.

JoG2

there are ways tbrick

I posted on another thread about streaming Sky through Kodi (using Phoenix) either to a phone / tablet or cast it onto the TV using the likes of a chromecast or a lead. Can be a bit tricky and, like streaming anything there's no guarantee it'll work without any hassle. I tested all the Sky sports channels last night using Kodi and a chromecast and they all worked.

If you wanna go down this route, I'll write out a few instructions to help out

Or, less hassle would be to 'borrow' a sky logon from a friend / neighbour and watch it through Sky Go onto a laptop or desktop

theticklemister

To get an IP proxy, download:

HOLA

this recognises that you are from Ireland. I get the Sunday Game here in Liverpool through it. HD quality.

hahasport.com

might have it, but you won't know until the last minute. Quality maybe be a bit crap too.

Take yer oul boy to the bar and treat him with a pint and watch the game. He might give ye a few pence for a mineral and a game of pool.

tbrick18

Cheers folks, hopefully get it sorted from that.
The GAAGO option looks like the easiest as I already have HOLA.

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 17, 2015, 11:48:39 AM

GAAGO would be the least stressful. Hola wouldn't be needed for GAAGO though tbrick

armaghniac

Quote from: JoG2 on June 17, 2015, 12:17:47 PM

GAAGO would be the least stressful. Hola wouldn't be needed for GAAGO though tbrick

You can't use Gaago in Britian or Ireland in order to keep Sky happy, which is ridiculous.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

doodaa

Quote from: armaghniac on June 17, 2015, 12:28:20 PM

You can't use Gaago in Britian or Ireland in order to keep Sky happy, which is ridiculous.

I think that's why you use HOLA, to appear to be from outside both those areas.

EDIT; Ive just re-read and see you are replying to JoG2's comment.

INDIANA

James kielt left the derry panel apparently

twohands!!!

Quote from: INDIANA on June 18, 2015, 11:11:45 PM
James kielt left the derry panel apparently

Derry only used 2 subs in the Down game. 

Can't help thing those two things are not unconnected.

JoG2

Quote from: doodaa on June 17, 2015, 02:47:12 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 17, 2015, 12:28:20 PM

I think that's why you use HOLA, to appear to be from outside both those areas.

EDIT; Ive just re-read and see you are replying to JoG2's comment.

ah right. What an awful balls that Sky deal was / is

J70

Not much talk about this match at all, anywhere!  Consensus seems to be that it's a foregone conclusion,  judging by the lauding of Donegal in the aftermath of the Armagh game.  Just hope the players don't buy into it, as the Connacht game at the weekend showed that hot favouritism doesn't necessarily mean shit if you can't back it up. And we saw what happened the last time these teams met in the aftermath of one of them giving Armagh a going over!

Haven't heard any word on McBrearty's injury, so presumably it healed up? How are Derry looking fitness-wise? Nervous about midfield.  Durcan and Neil Gallagher better be on their games.

Estimator

Donegal would be bigger favourites than Ros were against Sligo. If they achieve a performance anything like they did at the Athletic Grounds, then it will be another walk over for them.

I wouldn't worry about Derry troubling Durcan and Gallagher will probably have another stroll in the park.
Ulster League Champions 2009