Anti Dubs feeling on the board

Started by his holiness nb, August 27, 2007, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Its shocking how many people have posted on this thread without commenting on the statement I opened the thread with.

The other incidents are about peoples opinions on incidents, thats fair enough.

This is about telling lies to slander a team and their management, Orangeman, you made the statement, care to offer an explanation?
Ask me holy bollix

Billys Boots

QuoteI dont see dozens of posters on here  calling Tyrone  players scum.

There aren't dozens of people calling any county's players scum.

And you obviously don't remember (or weren't here) when Tyrone and Armagh had competitive sides.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gabriel_Hurl

Here yo go lads - it's an internet forum FFS  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2007, 02:12:03 PM
Pints, the reasons for there being anti Dubs feelings is irrelevant, if Dublin do something to deserve this then fine, I can handle that.
But the specific incident which prompted me to start this thread is where Orangeman said Dublin deliberately hit a woman and suggested Pillar approved.

Do you think this is an acceptable thing to post??
No

Gnevin, there may be players on teams that take part in a little goading but I've never seen a team do it to the extent that the dubs do it and it's very clear that they are sent out to do it.
Any player that goads a fellow gaa man by roaring in his face or pointing at a scoreboard is scum!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ludermor

but the thing is not every team does it!!!  and if you havent seen the abuse tyrone get on the bosrd then you are blind/blinkered
in hindsight scum is too strong a word, but id be looking for something a bit stronger than unsavory!!

neutral

I thought kerry were more cynical than Dublin yesterday.  id like to think we are not all tarred with the same brush.  

ludermor

kerry were more cynical then dublin. in their finishing

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 27, 2007, 02:18:58 PM
Here yo go lads - it's an internet forum FFS  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Gabriel, is it ok to tell lies suggesting an intercounty player hit (no mention of a ball) and knocked out a girl and the manager approved?

Is it really whingeing to point out this is almost slanderous?

Slag us for taunting, scoreboard pointing, Whelan tackles, choking etc etc by all means.

But making up lies to suggest the above is a scummy thing to do.

Surely you agree??
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 02:20:33 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on August 27, 2007, 02:12:03 PM
Pints, the reasons for there being anti Dubs feelings is irrelevant, if Dublin do something to deserve this then fine, I can handle that.
But the specific incident which prompted me to start this thread is where Orangeman said Dublin deliberately hit a woman and suggested Pillar approved.

Do you think this is an acceptable thing to post??
No

Gnevin, there may be players on teams that take part in a little goading but I've never seen a team do it to the extent that the dubs do it and it's very clear that they are sent out to do it.
Any player that goads a fellow gaa man by roaring in his face or pointing at a scoreboard is scum!

Yeah Dublin should be like true gaels and tell him he did his sister last night or like up the North  and say hows your father you dirty prod.
Yes i see the light now
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: ludermor on August 27, 2007, 02:20:39 PM
but the thing is not every team does it!!!  and if you havent seen the abuse tyrone get on the bosrd then you are blind/blinkered
in hindsight scum is too strong a word, but id be looking for something a bit stronger than unsavory!!
How about disappoint , uncalled for , unneed , poor form

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/sc**bag ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

screenexile

I CONDEMN WHOEVER SAID THAT PILLAR CONDONED A WOMAN BEING HIT ON THE HEAD BY A DUBLIN PLAYER!

Happy now hhhnb??

As for the anti dub feeling what everyone is saying is true. This crap about "All other teams do it too we're taking it to a new level". Give me a break! Tyrone are the only other team at it and it's only Ricey that does it on their team. DUblin have been involved in at least 2 games this year and I've heard many other stories of years gone by of Dub players rubbing it in tto opposing players when they have lost a match.

As for calling players scumbags and the like. To my mind Casey is the only sc**bag on the Dublin team, what makes it worse is the fact he's a very average footballer at best! I've played against him and heard numerous stories from reliable sources so I can back this up.

As said before, this siege mentality thing isn't endearing the Dubs to anyone. I don't agree with this "If Dublin had a better tactician they'd win" nonsense. It is widely known that Dublin are and average team playing to the best of their ability. Kerry weren't at their best yesterday while many claim Dublin were on top of their game, a true statement I think. Dublin need 3 top class defenders in order to win that elusive All Ireland... I can't see where they will get them from!

orangeman

I think you're missing the point here - why did Jayo who is a very mild mannered gentleman who has bnever stooped this low before, carry on like this y'day ? Same with Paul Casey ( who has a record if this type of behaviour ) - same with Bryan Cullen -

My point all along whic you seem to have missed is that Dublin minus these tactics / management style WOULD ALREADY HAVE WON AN AI BY NOW.

So keep your eye on the ball.

ludermor

pintsofguinness

QuoteYeah Dublin should be like true gaels and tell him he did his sister last night or like up the North  and say hows your father you dirty prod.
Yes i see the light now
And you wonder why no one likes the dubs  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Declan

The worst goading and taunting I came across was from a Tyrone team in last years U14 feile against our boys. Disgraceful it was and when the management were approached about it they were twice as bad. Sure didn't that true gent of the game Seamus Moynihan goad and taunt Vinnie Murphy about being a has been??? I don't like to see the in your face stuff either but goading/sledging/taunting whatever you like to call it is now a feature of the game and until the GAA decide to punish it then it'll continue.