Anti Dubs feeling on the board

Started by his holiness nb, August 27, 2007, 01:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: ludermor on August 27, 2007, 01:45:01 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: ludermor on August 27, 2007, 01:39:11 PM
the thing with the nurtritionist is bullshit, that was an accident.

What about calling players scum ?

dont particulary have a problem with it, it happens to all teams, some are just a bit more sensitive than others.
and unless some of ye can see that maybe , just maybe some of the antics of the dublin team is scumish then ye will be getting stressed for a long time to come
What give you the right to call a player Scum , it crosses the line .
Its very pathetic of you to say the lest .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:21:29 PM
I agree their words be thrown around here which are never nice to see epically considering what these lads give to the country

People calling them scum , scumbags , knackers i mean really lads its crossing the line

Reading the Tyrone postings there and I see Ricey got stretched at the weekend - yes out cold!!!! Great weekend then!!!!!!

his holiness nb

Quote from: mannix on August 27, 2007, 01:46:29 PM
Meanwhile its fine for all the gougers and howayas in dublin to call us names when they see our jersey and we are outnumbered.

Who here said that was alright???
What makes you think we think thats fine??
Lads who do that are scumbags.

Care to comment on the suggestion the Dubs deliberately knocked out a girl??

Ask me holy bollix

john mcgill

I'm on record here of stating that the Dubs are no better nor worse than any other county supporters.  Some of the greatest rubbish that I have heard has come from one or two of my own county's supporters.  I had a great day in Dublin yesterday and chatted to a bunch of great Dub and Kerry supporters.  The only Dub that bothered me was the taxi driver who took his hands of the steering wheel to bless himself each time he used a swear word.

Gnevin

Quote from: john mcgill on August 27, 2007, 01:53:24 PM
I'm on record here of stating that the Dubs are no better nor worse than any other county supporters.  Some of the greatest rubbish that I have heard has come from one or two of my own county's supporters.  I had a great day in Dublin yesterday and chatted to a bunch of great Dub and Kerry supporters.  The only Dub that bothered me was the taxi driver who took his hands of the steering wheel to bless himself each time he used a swear word.
;D ;D
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Lads why don't yous ask youselves why there is such anti dub feeling.  Do you expect a team that goads opposition players to have a neurtral's support? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 02:01:01 PM
Lads why don't yous ask youselves why there is such anti dub feeling.  Do you expect a team that goads opposition players to have a neurtral's support? 
POG why don't you ask yourselves why you talk so much crap

orangeman

Gnevin - all this criticism of the Dubs is about their tactics - can't you see that ? It's all self infilicted - I repeat - I'd love to see the Dubds win an AI cos they have a great panel of players - but I do think the management have caused them to lose direction. If they had a top class tactician they'd have won an AI by now.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 02:01:38 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 02:01:01 PM
POG why don't you ask yourselves why you talk so much crap
There's no point in looking to know why there's such anti dub feeling when you can't take the answer.

Gnevin

And i repeat every team does it from underage to auld fellas .Like everything in the game its been taken to a other level.

ludermor

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:46:54 PM

dont particulary have a problem with it, it happens to all teams, some are just a bit more sensitive than others.
and unless some of ye can see that maybe , just maybe some of the antics of the dublin team is scumish then ye will be getting stressed for a long time to come

what gives a player like cullen ( who to my mind never done it before) the right to roar and goad a player who has missed? brogans, vaughan have done it before and it is sad to say it is almost expected of them but i was surprised to see cullen (and even sherlock!) at it. they come accross well and dont need to stoop to such low levels. do i thnk it is scumish yes. if you cant see it then you are pathetic. why oh why cant you see any bad in their actions.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 02:07:16 PM
And i repeat every team does it from underage to auld fellas .Like everything in the game its been taken to a other level.
I've not seen a team do what the dubs have done. 

his holiness nb

Pints, the reasons for there being anti Dubs feelings is irrelevant, if Dublin do something to deserve this then fine, I can handle that.
But the specific incident which prompted me to start this thread is where Orangeman said Dublin deliberately hit a woman and suggested Pillar approved.

Do you think this is an acceptable thing to post??

Ask me holy bollix

magpie seanie

Some of the comments made today against Dublin have crossed the line. The one calling some of the players scum really sticks in my mind. I haven't met Alan Brogan but people close to me know him quite well and I can assure you he is a very nice fella. Unfortunately, we have acquired quite a legion of hogan stand type posters over the last couple of years. I could say ignore them but if they put it up about players from my county I'd be fairly annoyed too.

A lot of this is down to Pillar I believe. He wants this "siege mentality" thing. I don't believe it helps Dublins cause at all and is just another shocking misjudgement in a long line of them by Caffrey.

Gnevin

Quote from: ludermor on August 27, 2007, 02:07:34 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:46:54 PM

what gives a player like cullen ( who to my mind never done it before) the right to roar and goad a player who has missed? brogans, vaughan have done it before and it is sad to say it is almost expected of them but i was surprised to see cullen (and even sherlock!) at it. they come accross well and dont need to stoop to such low levels. do i thnk it is scumish yes. if you cant see it then you are pathetic. why oh why cant you see any bad in their actions.

Every team does how pathetic do you to be not to be able to see it .
Its not nice , its not something i enjoy seeing but what i like to see it some fair play. I dont see dozens of posters on here  calling Tyrone  players scum.

Tyrone i picked at random ,not saying they are doing anything.