Ard Mhacha v An Dún - Cluiche Ceannais Rionn 2 - Pairc an Chrócaigh 25/4/10

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, April 11, 2010, 11:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: drici on April 27, 2010, 11:50:10 PM
TG4 are showing the Armagh match again at the moment instead of Cork v Mayo.

surely it is a copyright infringment calling cuchulainns a hurling club, your claim to fame is a div 4 feile title at under 14s. DIV 4 that is.

bennydorano

Quote from: lawnseed on April 27, 2010, 08:58:26 PM
and now the best bit of all, 'Arron kernan was good' he worked his ass off released the ball quickly etc all the criticism over the league campain he simply blew it away.

Interesting opinion.

David McKeown

Quote from: bennydorano on April 28, 2010, 05:42:59 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 27, 2010, 08:58:26 PM
and now the best bit of all, 'Arron kernan was good' he worked his ass off released the ball quickly etc all the criticism over the league campain he simply blew it away.

Interesting opinion.

I didnt think Aaron was the best player on the pitch or anything but I also felt he had a very good game.  My brother who hadnt seen Armagh this year due to family and work commitments, felt he was easily the best player we have had in that position for 4 or 5 years
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

gander

I thought he played well enough too - he used the ball well when he got it and was perfect from the frees.  he used the ball a lot quicker as well which is an improvement as well.  He'll not be the perfect CHF over night but I think he has the ability to be a sucess there.  I also think the half back line is better this year as well

pearseog

Quote from: charlieTully on April 28, 2010, 09:19:24 AM

surely it is a copyright infringment calling cuchulainns a hurling club, your claim to fame is a div 4 feile title at under 14s. DIV 4 that is.

try telling the group of young lads who play hurling in a largely football based area that the all-ireland they won is ONLY division 4.
hurling in armagh isn't exactly strong but a lot of work has been done in recent years and success like that should be applaueded not laughed at. Shows what a true GAA man you are. Now f**k off back to whatever hole you climbed out of!

Shortso79

Met Tony Fearon in croker after the game

He had a winning bet slip on Armagh

ogshead

Quote from: pearseog on April 28, 2010, 06:33:13 PM

try telling the group of young lads who play hurling in a largely football based area that the all-ireland they won is ONLY division 4.
hurling in armagh isn't exactly strong but a lot of work has been done in recent years and success like that should be applaueded not laughed at. Shows what a true GAA man you are. Now f**k off back to whatever hole you climbed out of!

The hurlers in the town have a proud history... including having played in Div 1 of the Antrim league!! This fella's is a p***k of the highest order and it's probably best to ignore him. He's just a glorified soccer supporter anyway

charlieTully

Quote from: ogshead on April 28, 2010, 09:50:26 PM

The hurlers in the town have a proud history... including having played in Div 1 of the Antrim league!! This fella's is a p***k of the highest order and it's probably best to ignore him. He's just a glorified soccer supporter anyway

nothing like annoying the armagh scum to brighten up my day.  :D

RealSpiritof98

tut tut,  ??? Giving abuse about a bunch of 14 year olds success, even though you know nothing about my club, but your comments do not annoy an Armagh scum like me, I just pity the mother that brought you into this world, pm me if you fancy a chat, I think you need some help!!

armagho9

Quote from: charlieTully on April 29, 2010, 09:33:10 AM
Quote from: ogshead on April 28, 2010, 09:50:26 PM

nothing like annoying the armagh scum to brighten up my day.  :D

You obviously have a very sad life.  More to be pitied.

Dubh driocht

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 25, 2010, 11:58:23 PM
For a bit of divilment I had a look at the Armagh v Down thread from the match earlier in the League.

Here are some of the highlights;

Quote from: dodgy umpire on March 26, 2010, 11:15:10 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Down are the better team and would beat Armagh should they meet in the final. While it could be argued that Armagh would be better prepared to deal with Down should they meet, I believe that Down would go into the game confident and with the knowlege that they can beat Armagh (and by a big margin too), a feeling that none of these players will have had before. Were the game to be tight say in the 60th minute, this new belief would allow them to push on and secure victory. Then again, we may have finished the game off after 8 minutes anyway  ;)

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 23, 2010, 08:31:15 PM
Are Westmeath Armaghs rivals now? Nothing like beating the oul neighbours, but its not much to brag about thesse days.  ;D

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 21, 2010, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 21, 2010, 12:51:29 PM
Down are decent side on an upward curve but would anyone be genuinely afraid of meeting Down again in a league final or championship?  I think not.

Obviously a seven point hammering and Down playing keep ball for the last twenty minutes wasn't enough for you.

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 21, 2010, 11:06:44 AM
That may have only been a second division game last night, but Down are in a different league to Armagh. Its alright beating the likes of Donegal and Meath, but even the wee teams like Armagh have to be disposed off as well.  Every aspect of last nights game has been covered over the last few pages, so I don't really need to add anything.

Quote from: Pangurban on March 20, 2010, 11:55:23 PM
Great Down performance, in which every Man played his part. Mc Keever is an absolute disgrace, and should not be seen on any Football field for a long time, after his actions tonight. Armagh are a second rate outfit, reliant on too many old stalwarts whose best days are behind them. That along with a totally incompetent Manager, will ensure a short summer for them. As for Down, the future is Rosy, and the return of aristocratic football will be welcomed by all lovers of the game

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 20, 2010, 10:35:46 PM
Tony, first of all, Up your hole.
Secondly, a fairly comprehensive victory over a second rate outfit with limited ambition.Sluden did give us a lot in the first 20 although 8 up after 8 , when youse had 15, puts paid to the inevitable 'we only had 14 'argument. He did well to spot the first yellow for Moriarity against Kearney ( one James would have been proud of) and I didn't see the second but was told it was deserved.
Thirdly, I thought we had strong performers in the half back line, Kalum King is my man for MF, Maginn and Lavery were excellent off the bench and the Clarkes ,Kearney,Poland and Benny superb.
In the same way it takes 20 to win a game with our Mc Iver inspired gameplan, it takes different men to rise to the challenge in different games, and 7 points did not flatter us.
Finally, in the last quarter, if Sluden hadn't penalised us 4 times for silly handpass infringements we would have won by 10/12 points.
So , off to Mullingar we go and our opponents go back to the drawing board.

You can't beat the devilment

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Dubh driocht on June 06, 2010, 07:36:41 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 25, 2010, 11:58:23 PM
For a bit of divilment I had a look at the Armagh v Down thread from the match earlier in the League.

Here are some of the highlights;

Quote from: dodgy umpire on March 26, 2010, 11:15:10 AM

There is no doubt in my mind that Down are the better team and would beat Armagh should they meet in the final. While it could be argued that Armagh would be better prepared to deal with Down should they meet, I believe that Down would go into the game confident and with the knowlege that they can beat Armagh (and by a big margin too), a feeling that none of these players will have had before. Were the game to be tight say in the 60th minute, this new belief would allow them to push on and secure victory. Then again, we may have finished the game off after 8 minutes anyway  ;)

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 23, 2010, 08:31:15 PM
Are Westmeath Armaghs rivals now? Nothing like beating the oul neighbours, but its not much to brag about thesse days.  ;D

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 21, 2010, 08:35:41 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 21, 2010, 12:51:29 PM
Down are decent side on an upward curve but would anyone be genuinely afraid of meeting Down again in a league final or championship?  I think not.

Obviously a seven point hammering and Down playing keep ball for the last twenty minutes wasn't enough for you.

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 21, 2010, 11:06:44 AM
That may have only been a second division game last night, but Down are in a different league to Armagh. Its alright beating the likes of Donegal and Meath, but even the wee teams like Armagh have to be disposed off as well.  Every aspect of last nights game has been covered over the last few pages, so I don't really need to add anything.

Quote from: Pangurban on March 20, 2010, 11:55:23 PM
Great Down performance, in which every Man played his part. Mc Keever is an absolute disgrace, and should not be seen on any Football field for a long time, after his actions tonight. Armagh are a second rate outfit, reliant on too many old stalwarts whose best days are behind them. That along with a totally incompetent Manager, will ensure a short summer for them. As for Down, the future is Rosy, and the return of aristocratic football will be welcomed by all lovers of the game

Quote from: Dubh driocht on March 20, 2010, 10:35:46 PM
Tony, first of all, Up your hole.
Secondly, a fairly comprehensive victory over a second rate outfit with limited ambition.Sluden did give us a lot in the first 20 although 8 up after 8 , when youse had 15, puts paid to the inevitable 'we only had 14 'argument. He did well to spot the first yellow for Moriarity against Kearney ( one James would have been proud of) and I didn't see the second but was told it was deserved.
Thirdly, I thought we had strong performers in the half back line, Kalum King is my man for MF, Maginn and Lavery were excellent off the bench and the Clarkes ,Kearney,Poland and Benny superb.
In the same way it takes 20 to win a game with our Mc Iver inspired gameplan, it takes different men to rise to the challenge in different games, and 7 points did not flatter us.
Finally, in the last quarter, if Sluden hadn't penalised us 4 times for silly handpass infringements we would have won by 10/12 points.
So , off to Mullingar we go and our opponents go back to the drawing board.

You can't beat the devilment

;D :D
The Boys in Red and Black are back