Ard Mhacha v An Mhí 29-3-09

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, March 22, 2009, 07:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mackers

Quote from: fitzroyalty on March 22, 2009, 11:23:21 PM
Quote from: mackers on March 22, 2009, 09:48:25 PM
He's a good player OK, gets up and down the field well, but is he any better than any of our other options in the HB line? McDonnell has great faith in him, thought he had a good year last year but he's struggling badly this year.
Agree with the ya Mackers, I'd rather him in HB than FB, though we have better players in HB already. Plenty of football in him alright, would swapping him from FB to HB with C McKeever (for say marking jobs) be a viable option? What have Meath been like so far this year?

Might well happen in the Tyrone match with McKeever going back to mark Stephen O'Neill.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

gander

Quote from: bigpaul on March 22, 2009, 11:10:20 PM
Aidan O'Rourke will be suspended after his yellow today so Brendan Donaghy could be back at full-back next week. As it happens he was just about the only Armagh player to aquit himself well against the 'Royals' in Navan last year!

Does he def get suspended?  Did McKeever get suspended after he got his yellow cards?  Or Martin O'Rourke?  I've a funny feeling thats just something the ulster council deampt up.

corn02

Quote from: gander on March 23, 2009, 12:03:19 PM
Aidan O'Rourke will be suspended after his yellow today so Brendan Donaghy could be back at full-back next week. As it happens he was just about the only Armagh player to aquit himself well against the 'Royals' in Navan last year!

Does he def get suspended?  Did McKeever get suspended after he got his yellow cards?  Or Martin O'Rourke?  I've a funny feeling thats just something the ulster council deampt up.

Marty must have three yellows by now, McKeever two. No suspensions. Seems Paul Curtney got a raw deal.

thejuice

Dont think King playing at FF is a matter of experimentation anymore, I guess its nessesity. Though if that is the case you'd have to wonder what Joe Sheridan did to be left on the bench. I know subs are a risk with the new rules but I feel a real forward needs to be in there. Fair play to King he got a few points in each of the last few games but as I said earlier I reckon Joe would have got the goals that he missed. Any word on when either Brian Sheridan, Shane O'Rourke, David Bray or Brian Farrell are expected to be back playing.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Real1995

Hearty (Rotation)

Mallon                       PK                    Finn Mo
Shannon                 McKeever             Donaghy         

Toner
                             Vernon

MOR                        Mallon                          AK
McDonnell                Clarke                         Barnsey

TK, SK, Toal, Henderson to get run outs 2...

Is it me or is there more competition in the forward line this year?
Nice guys always finish second!

AFS

Quote from: corn02 on March 23, 2009, 12:45:08 PM

Marty must have three yellows by now, McKeever two. No suspensions. Seems Paul Curtney got a raw deal.

But didn't McKeever get his second recinded? And by my reckoning MOR only has 2, one in the McKenna Cup and one in the league - maybe because they're different competitions it doesn't carry over?

Its a f**king joke any way. Back with the old rules you could get two yellows in the same game and not face any suspension, but now if you get two yellows five games apart you get suspended - no logic there at all.

Real1995

Is Shannon pushing for a championship start?  Didn get down to the game yest so how did he play?  If he starts against Meath nx Sun..I reckon that he has started most league games so he surely must be in Peters thoughts...and AK maybe pushing forward to the half forward line couuld give him a graet opportunity.....
Nice guys always finish second!

AFS

The defence is still very much up in the air. Only Andy and Ciaran are certain championship starters by my reckoning, and Ciaran could still end up in any number of positions.

At this stage I'd say the 6 in the driving seat at the minute are:

Andy Mallon
Ciaran McKeever
Aidan O'Rourke
Finnian Moriarty
Barry Shannon
Brendan Donaghy

Although I wouldn't try to guess what positions they'll play in. Paul Kernan and Tony McClellend are probably in the mix too. At this stage I doubt if Paul Duffy, JP Donnelly or Chris Rafferty have any hope of coming in.

At the minute, although this'll probably change, I'd like to see:

Mallon  Donaghy  P Kernan

Finn Mo  McKeever  Shannon

davo

to be honest the 3 ogs boys of donnelly, rafferty and duffy are far better half backs than finn mo. if finn mo is to start it is in the full back line or not at all. if mcdonnell wanted to make the half back line more mobile any of these 3 fellas could come in and wouldnt look out of place.

the backline has a lot of options now which is great to see.

I would say shannon will get the nod in the championship if he stays steady in the next 2 games

corn02

Quote from: AFS on March 23, 2009, 02:01:42 PM
Quote from: corn02 on March 23, 2009, 12:45:08 PM

But didn't McKeever get his second recinded? And by my reckoning MOR only has 2, one in the McKenna Cup and one in the league - maybe because they're different competitions it doesn't carry over?

Its a f**king joke any way. Back with the old rules you could get two yellows in the same game and not face any suspension, but now if you get two yellows five games apart you get suspended - no logic there at all.

Ah good points.

I was under the impression that Marty was booked against Monaghan, but I think he was lucky not too.

REAL, Shannon had another good game. I think he has played every game? Been steady in all, would like to see him bomb forward more. He is defintely in the 18 or 19 boys who will be in contention, which is a lot further ahead that most would have guessed. A few more steady games and he may get the nod.

The GAA

Lads, we can't be serious about finn mo? were ye not at the game yesterday?

shannon was decent yesterday but outmuscled for the kildare goal

AFS

I think he has a lot of offer charging forward. He is a big enough guy, who could be useful around the middle in terms of winning the odd break. To be honest, I'd just be delighted to see him anywhere other than our full back line  :-\

My view of the goal, though I could be wrong cuz I was far enough away, was that Shannon appeared to get a bit of a push in the back rather than being outmuscled.

corn02

Quote from: AFS on March 23, 2009, 06:10:21 PM
I think he has a lot of offer charging forward. He is a big enough guy, who could be useful around the middle in terms of winning the odd break. To be honest, I'd just be delighted to see him anywhere other than our full back line  :-\

My view of the goal, though I could be wrong cuz I was far enough away, was that Shannon appeared to get a bit of a push in the back rather than being outmuscled.

Was a blatant push and should have been a free, that said, he should have fisted the ball away anyway.

The GAA

possibly a free... my angle wasn't great but when you're last man under a dropping ball you have to be goal side.

kavanagh was definitely shooting for a point though

corn02

Quote from: The GAA on March 23, 2009, 06:16:45 PM

possibly a free... my angle wasn't great but when you're last man under a dropping ball you have to be goal side.

kavanagh was definitely shooting for a point though

Agree that he should have dealt better with it.