Official Monaghan GAA Thread

Started by GrandMasterFlash, February 02, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattockranger

damian freeman was on the right wing....absolutely excellent facilities! at least someone invested wisely during the celtic tiger!!

good open match enjoyable throughout.....thought monaghans full back line was poor was that really vinny corey fullback....??
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

thebandit

Quote from: mattockranger on January 03, 2009, 02:36:25 AM
damian freeman was on the right wing....absolutely excellent facilities! at least someone invested wisely during the celtic tiger!!

good open match enjoyable throughout.....thought monaghans full back line was poor was that really vinny corey fullback....??

Correct and right, forgot about Damien!

GrandMasterFlash

Happy New Year lads and lassies.
  Things look a bit fresher alright and the new faces should hopefully create a bit of competition e.g Martin Corey in for D McArdle etc. There'll be some tough games in Div2 which is goos as it'll hopefully bring a few lads on and maybe a few new lads in.. Derry have the advantage of playing at home, 'new manager syndrome' and will need no motivating against us given the last few results. That'll not be handy! Here's to a good year though and I personally am planning to stay positive about our prospects, that's my resolution anyhow so we'll give that till the end of Jan!!

An Laoch

How do I get to the ground in Iniskeen please lads, travelling from Cavan town direction.

Thanks

thebandit

Cootehill>Ballybay>Carrickmacross

Once you hit Carrick go into the middle of the town and take the left turn for Inniskeen/Dundalk. You go down a one way street, at the end of it straight ahead (bearing left) takes you to Culloville/Crossmaglen. Bearing right takes you to Inniskeen/Dundalk and turning right takes you back into town.

Keep on the Dundalk road for 3/4 miles until you come to a left turn for Inniskeen. 2/3 miles up that road takes you to the new Inniskeen pitch.

An Laoch

you're a gent, bandit

any parking there? I imagine a decent crowd will show tomorrow

timmyot501

I could be wrong but I think that road from Carrick to Dundalk is closed for the next year as it is being upgraded.  There are probably diversions on it.  I'm not from that neck of the woods so I've no alternative.  I only know the blayney - dundalk road way.

Does anybody know the throw in time for tomorrow??

Schkite

Seen the new jersey lads? Whats the opinion? Good sponsor to get given the times, Investec, South African bank.

The GAA

How is grimley getting on with your lads Schkite

Schkite

No word yet to be honest, training won't be starting for a good while yet and all thats been done so far is a meeting and a fitness test. Grimley won't be there until the training I'd imagine.

An Laoch

any danger of the down game getting rained off lads? its bucketing down here

Kerry Mike

Any Drumhowan representatives on the board, just wondering what the feeling is for their clash with Skellig Rangers from South Kerry.
Have a bit of a vested interest in both teams  ;)

Junior Semi-finals

Jan 25:
Semi-finals: John Mitchells (Lancashire) v Killala (Mayo),
Carrick-on-Shannon, 2.30

Skellig Rangers (Kerry) v Drumhowan (Monaghan), Portlaoise, 1.00
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Schkite

Can't speak for Drumhowen, but I'd say they're quietly confident of their chances. Racked up some huge scores in Ulster and have a very good side for Junior.

thebandit

Quote from: Schkite on January 14, 2009, 08:50:40 PM
Can't speak for Drumhowen, but I'd say they're quietly confident of their chances. Racked up some huge scores in Ulster and have a very good side for Junior.

I know them well, they are a well prepared side with plenty of talent. The 3 ex county men pull the strings, and they have a strong bench as well.

An Laoch

Decent game last night at Iniskeen. Tomas Freeman, Dick Clerkin and Paul Finlay all played very well.

Superb facility.

Thanks for the directions bandit.