Ulster 25

Started by 5 Sams, May 29, 2009, 11:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

forgot clean about Cavanagh. Barry Breen just got the chop.

Onion Bag

Ronan Clarke not getting a mention here
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Mid Mon

Ronan Clarke not worthy of a mention here

Onion Bag

What? Young player of the year in 02 (In his debut year) and 2 all stars since,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

J70

Everyone can name players from their own counties who are worthy of inclusion. Everyone will side with their own county man when its a close call. Pointless exercise.

eireogatron

Quote from: DennistheMenace on May 29, 2009, 11:50:33 AM
McDonell has never been top scorer in an Ulster Championship year and to think in his career how many times Armagh have won it.

And this means whatexactly??! he rarely took free kicks in the championship and was in the same side as the top scorer in the history of Ulster football for all but 1 of those years, Mr McConville. He is the top goal scorer in Ulster football history as far as I remember tho, so I think his credentials can hardly be called into question. ::)

Schkite

The likes of Bradley won't get a look in here, look at who he's contending with.

eireogatron

Quote from: Mid Mon on May 29, 2009, 02:46:06 PM
Ronan Clarke not worthy of a mention here

SSsssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhh.................. this grown up talk now, go back to eating plasticine and dribbling...

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Schkite on May 29, 2009, 02:52:19 PM
The likes of Bradley won't get a look in here, look at who he's contending with.

Like I said, 8 points off being top Ulster Scorer ever in the championship.

5 Sams

Lot of boys just coming on here for a moan.....why not submit your 15 and THEN tell us why you picked it instead of just whingin :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Schkite

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on May 29, 2009, 02:59:08 PM

So you honestly think that alone justifies him being in the team?

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Schkite on May 29, 2009, 03:53:49 PM

If he played for a more successful team that won several All-Irelands then I've no doubt he would be a contender.

That stat alone is nothing to be frowned upon.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: Schkite on May 29, 2009, 03:53:49 PM

The fact he has also won an all star, been runner up 4 times, Irish News Ulster all star 5 times, been Highest scorer in Ulster 3 times and 2nd highest once in the past 8 years despite only appearing in one Ulster Final and 2 AI semis

Newbridge Exile

1)Sean McGreevy
2)Kieran McKeever
3)Conor Gormley
4)Tony Scullion
5)Henry Downey
6)Kieran McGeeney
7)DJ Kane
8)Anthony Tohill
9)Eugene McKenna
10)Brian Dooher
11)Greg Blaney
12)Martin McHugh
13)Mickey Linden
14)Peter Canavan
15)Nudie Hughes

corn02

I like these threads, but I think one of the difficulties is when comparing players from yesteryear and the current crop we tend to be hard on today's players.

When remembering the oler players, you only think of the fond memories, you remember the highlights but block out the day in Lurgan he didn;t want to know etc.

Tough for Bradley and Clarke because someone will inevitably say, sure he was marked out of last year's qf or something.