The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Thinking back on the show I think the build for many matches was poor and the order of the matches killed the momentum a bit but the in ring stuff wasn't actually that bad. The IC match was very strong as was the AJ match. The Charlotte Asuka match was awesome and the Rousey match exceeded expectations.

The even was highly unpredictable. Going on PP odds at the start of the start of the show the favourites didn't win any of the following. IC US, Smackdown Women or Smackdown Tag matches.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Syferus

Quote from: David McKeown on April 10, 2018, 12:17:53 PM
Thinking back on the show I think the build for many matches was poor and the order of the matches killed the momentum a bit but the in ring stuff wasn't actually that bad. The IC match was very strong as was the AJ match. The Charlotte Asuka match was awesome and the Rousey match exceeded expectations.

The even was highly unpredictable. Going on PP odds at the start of the start of the show the favourites didn't win any of the following. IC US, Smackdown Women or Smackdown Tag matches.

The AJ-Nakamura match was not strong. It was only ok, which given the way it as positioned as a dream match both by the WWE and by hardcore fans meant it was severely underwhelming.

I didn't see the IC match so of what I saw only the Rousey match was an unqualified success, as the ending of the Asuka match was a puke worthy swerve.

David McKeown

Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 12:22:55 PM

The AJ-Nakamura match was not strong. It was only ok, which given the way it as positioned as a dream match both by the WWE and by hardcore fans meant it was severely underwhelming.

I didn't see the IC match so of what I saw only the Rousey match was an unqualified success, as the ending of the Asuka match was a puke worthy swerve.

I thought was the AJ-Nakamura match was strong considering it was face v face. With the heel turn I expect better possibly at Backlash but I thought it was a good match which was maybe hurt a little from its position on the card. I think we can agree to disagree on the Charlotte v Asuka match which I thought was match of the night.

Looking forward to seeing who gets called up on Tuesday. I was hoping Damo might get the nod but rumour has it that's off till after summerslam.

David McKeown

Quote from: David McKeown on April 10, 2018, 12:36:12 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 10, 2018, 12:22:55 PM

I thought was the AJ-Nakamura match was strong considering it was face v face. With the heel turn I expect better possibly at Backlash but I thought it was a good match which was maybe hurt a little from its position on the card. I think we can agree to disagree on the Charlotte v Asuka match which I thought was match of the night.

Looking forward to seeing who gets called up on Tuesday. I was hoping Damo might get the nod but rumour has it that's off till after summerslam.

Spoke to soon as Sanity minus Nikki have been called up to the main roster. Always great to see a local lad doing well.

Syferus

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 30, 2018, 02:58:01 PM
Congratulations to Titus O'Neil on becoming the 21st Century Shockmaster!  ;D ;D

It was a planned skit that is a call back to a real fûck up he had falling over carrying a barrel when he was on NXT.

David McKeown

Having watched it again I am not convinced he meant it but it was hilarious

David McKeown

With Killian Dain now on the main roster that's 4 Irish superstars across the two main shows. Think probably only Canada and the US (maybe Mexico) would have more. Hopefully some of them get a push as the year goes on.

Gabriel_Hurl

Roman Reigns has had to relinquish the title after he announced that he has leukemia.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 23, 2018, 01:33:33 AM
Roman Reigns has had to relinquish the title after he announced that he has leukemia.
He had it for 11 years and unfortunately it's back he said. Best of luck to him.

ONeill

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 23, 2018, 01:33:33 AM

Jesus, was tough watching that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Cunny Funt

Wrestlemania on tomorrow night in the MetLife Stadium. For the first time ever a womans match is the main event, it helps when you have the star power of Ronda Rousey on the card. Ireland's own Becky Lynch aka Rebecca Quin is hotly tipped to win.

Brock Lesnar is tipped to lose the universal title but that was teased before and didn't happen. Kurt Angle having his last match and the choice of Corbin for that match is a strange one. Will Kofi Kingston's big push in recent weeks end up with a world title?

Last nights NXT very good again, won't get many if any matches as good on Sunday.

MoChara

Has lesnar lost at wrestle mania before?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: MoChara on April 06, 2019, 08:26:24 PM
Has lesnar lost at wrestle mania before?
Lost to Goldberg 2004 and HHH in 2013.

RealSpiritof98

rousey might be the star power but Lynch is the reason its the main event, went down the idgaf route Austin did and ran with it. the fans are dying to follow people that relate and lynch has connected ala Bryan an few years ago.

Eamonnca1