Paddy Jackson apology

Started by yellowcard, April 06, 2018, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Can't see Jackson playing for any of the Irish provinces ever again. He will be ok at London Irish.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2019, 04:30:40 AM
This one could go through hundreds of phases

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/susan-mckay-public-disquiet-lingered-long-after-belfast-rape-trial-1.3887885

Nope, nothing in that report either.  It will go through as many phases it likes, the guys were acquitted and found not guilty of rape. Guilty of being dicks and having their WhatsApps reported, I'd say there is a lot worse in people's phones who are in much more respected jobs that someone who plays rugby!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Nooooo! Close the thread!

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2019, 08:44:52 AM

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/susan-mckay-public-disquiet-lingered-long-after-belfast-rape-trial-1.3887885

Nope, nothing in that report either.  It will go through as many phases it likes, the guys were acquitted and found not guilty of rape. Guilty of being dicks and having their WhatsApps reported, I'd say there is a lot worse in people's phones who are in much more respected jobs that someone who plays rugby!
The lingering public disquiet mentioned in the article was not about the behavior of rugby dickheads or whether they were guilty or not, but the harrowing inklings felt about the experience for any woman in such circumstance in open court facing the humiliating ordeal of what passes for process.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2019, 09:39:27 PM

The lingering public disquiet mentioned in the article was not about the behavior of rugby d**kheads or whether they were guilty or not, but the harrowing inklings felt about the experience for any woman in such circumstance in open court facing the humiliating ordeal of what passes for process.

The process as you put it has nothing to do with Jackson. Play the ball not the man?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2019, 09:54:24 PM

The lingering public disquiet mentioned in the article was not about the behavior of rugby d**kheads or whether they were guilty or not, but the harrowing inklings felt about the experience for any woman in such circumstance in open court facing the humiliating ordeal of what passes for process.

The process as you put it has nothing to do with Jackson. Play the ball not the man?
Did I say the process had anything to do with Jackson? quite the opposite.
You are the clown ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2019, 10:54:31 PM

You are the clown ;D

Good man, personal insults backs up your post, well done

RealSpiritof98

what is public disquiet? can someone explain? is this just a media term to write articles

screenexile

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on May 12, 2019, 12:09:55 AM
what is public disquiet? can someone explain? is this just a media term to write articles

Seems to be an odd Guardian article some click bait and a trending hashtag on twitter is enough to incite public disquiet these days!!

Owen Brannigan

Unfortunately, nowadays public reaction and 'disquiet' can simply be a few Twitter posts lifted by lazy journalists from their timelines to build an article around.

In relation to the article it would have been better to have discussed the judge's report and recommendations on how investigators and cases should be carried out that was submitted this week.

seafoid

Ireland had no choice but to sack him. There is a lot of baggage attaching to PJ even if the court case went favourably.
The context of Me Too  goes beyond rugby.

Rugby is about timing and space. So is politics
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

It's up there with "Twitter fury" and "outrage on social media".

David McKeown

I would take articles like that more seriously if they were at least factually accurate however when they get basic details like the sex of barristers wrong in an attempt to make a point it for me massively diminishes what is a very serious issue.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 11, 2019, 11:14:41 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 11, 2019, 10:54:31 PM

You are the clown ;D
Good man, personal insults backs up your post, well done
My post doesn't need backing up. You're just too dumb and emotional to comprehend it.