Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: restorepride on January 29, 2021, 11:30:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2021, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 17, 2021, 09:47:00 PM
After today's Zoom we decided to look for a few house down the Whest... Mayo / Galway direction. Sweet christ, we've had 6 of us in Italy for a week cheaper. Gougin' hooers

That bad?

Was looking also to head down, was also looking at Cornwall!
Imigh thusa leat go Sasan agus fan ann.

Ní Sasana é Corn na Breataine
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

restorepride

Quote from: armaghniac on January 29, 2021, 11:38:48 PM
Quote from: restorepride on January 29, 2021, 11:30:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 17, 2021, 09:51:18 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 17, 2021, 09:47:00 PM
After today's Zoom we decided to look for a few house down the Whest... Mayo / Galway direction. Sweet christ, we've had 6 of us in Italy for a week cheaper. Gougin' hooers

That bad?

Was looking also to head down, was also looking at Cornwall!
Imigh thusa leat go Sasan agus fan ann.

Ní Sasana é Corn na Breataine
Is fíor duit - mo leithscéal! 

JimStynes

What's the latest with holidaying abroad? Portugal seems to be a good option. Does anyone know if you have to have both jabs or do you need to get a negative test before you go?

STREET FIGHTER

Hi Folks

Any recommendations for family hotels in and around the Dublin/surrounding areas?

Thanks

SF

bennydorano

Am I being a bonehead on reading current guidance - if travelling from NI / UK you still have to get tested before you go and before you return from green & Amber countries - even when double jabbed ???

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: bennydorano on August 03, 2021, 03:07:18 PM
Am I being a bonehead on reading current guidance - if travelling from NI / UK you still have to get tested before you go and before you return from green & Amber countries - even when double jabbed ???

There's a certificate you can get from NI Direct if you have the 2 jabs to cover you instead of testing.

Lotto

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on August 03, 2021, 03:34:03 PM

There's a certificate you can get from NI Direct if you have the 2 jabs to cover you instead of testing.

The certificate only allows you entry to other countries, you still need a PCR test for most countries before you leave, before you come back and on day 2 of your return. There is a big difference between green and amber countries though.

bennydorano

Quote from: Lotto on August 03, 2021, 03:50:23 PM
Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on August 03, 2021, 03:34:03 PM

The certificate only allows you entry to other countries, you still need a PCR test for most countries before you leave, before you come back and on day 2 of your return.
That's the way I took it to be as well

Rois

Going to France through Switzerland (from Dublin), don't need any tests to enter either country, just proof of vaccination and fill in locator forms.

We don't need a test to come back into Dublin, but technically need a lateral flow test before we leave France to come into the north, then Day 2 PCR test. At the minute we should also isolate but I expect the French restriction to be lifted this week.

BennyCake

Seen a couple of apartments on Airbnb. Can't seem to contact/book unless I sign up as a member. Is there a way to book a property without signing up?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: BennyCake on August 07, 2021, 09:15:24 AM
Seen a couple of apartments on Airbnb. Can't seem to contact/book unless I sign up as a member. Is there a way to book a property without signing up?
Or just sign up. It's a fairly easy process.

RedHand88

Quote from: Rois on August 03, 2021, 05:04:05 PM
Going to France through Switzerland (from Dublin), don't need any tests to enter either country, just proof of vaccination and fill in locator forms.

We don't need a test to come back into Dublin, but technically need a lateral flow test before we leave France to come into the north, then Day 2 PCR test. At the minute we should also isolate but I expect the French restriction to be lifted this week.

How could ye be holed with all that hassle!?

BennyCake

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 07, 2021, 10:07:32 AM
Or just sign up. It's a fairly easy process.

I thought you needed it linked up to a Facebook account or similar, to verify who you are? Or can you just sign up via email and begin booking?

galwayman

Through Airbnb itself - you can't book without signing up.
Most of the apartments that are on Airbnb are usually bookable direct though.
Lots of places advertise through Airbnb, Vrbo etc but also can be booked directly via the owners.

stiffler

Anyone been able to source a self testing anti gen test for return to Belfast?

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009