AIQ Round 3B - Roscommon vs. Armagh (19/07/14, 5pm - Live on SKY)

Started by Syferus, July 13, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty28

Quote from: Syferus on July 19, 2014, 07:29:43 PM
Quote from: JP on July 19, 2014, 07:16:26 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 19, 2014, 07:10:46 PM
Yeah, I know Dublin are a high standard for any team but I'd be a bit concerned if I was an Armagh man that any team clipping over a nice score might be hard to keep with. Armagh won't gear anyone bar the very best and they'll be dangerous opponents but they might find the Croke Park an unforgiving place. Still you're in the mix now so I can understand Armagh lads rightly taking the positive out it.

To be honest I'm just very happy to still be in the championship. After a horrible league this is more then most expected. We are a team to be respected again and have progressed further then we have for the last 6 years.  We have a disciplined team with a clear strategy, if a team can best us fair play to them but regardless I am proud of the team.

Hopefully we will meet again in the league in 2016 in Division 2.

Armagh are a physical and solid team. Midfield is a bit weak though. Like us their ceiling this year is probably an AIQF. No shame in that, just means more work will need to be done over the next year to make the next step.

Looks like Roscommon ceiling was actually the 3rd round of qualifiers!!

Armaghgeddon

Hard luck to Roscommon, there is definitely something there to work with.

Armagh were Physical, Intelligent and for the best part accurate taking 66% of their chances. We still haven't seen anywhere near the full potential of this squad and that makes me excited about the future of this squad and on top of that the team have shown improvements from last year.

INDIANA

Good grief that was awful viewing. Both sides decided to play like Cavan.

Thank God for Jamie Clarke and Andy Mallon. Only reason for tuning in.

Roscommon flatter to deceive yet again.

rodney trotter

JP

Quote from: INDIANA on July 19, 2014, 08:45:45 PM

Yes both teams decided to play like Cavan. Lets ignore the facts that Armagh scored 1-17 against the same oppostion that Cavan scored 5 points, and that Roscomman posted a respectable tally. Would suit your argument better heh?

INDIANA

Quote from: JP on July 19, 2014, 08:51:45 PM

Yes both teams decided to play like Cavan. Lets ignore the facts that Armagh scored 1-17 against the same oppostion that Cavan scored 5 points, and that Roscomman posted a respectable tally. Would suit your argument better heh?

Cavan don't have Jamie Clarke. He was the difference as he always is for Armagh.

Like one wonders where you'd be without him.

He has the awful misfortune to be born in an era where he has only average individuals around him.

Had he been around in 2003-2008 you'd have won another 2 all-irelands at least

JP

Quote from: INDIANA on July 19, 2014, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: JP on July 19, 2014, 08:51:45 PM

Cavan don't have Jamie Clarke. He was the difference as he always is for Armagh.

Like one wonders where you'd be without him.

He has the awful misfortune to be born in an era where he has only average individuals around him.

Had he been around in 2003-2008 you'd have won another 2 all-irelands at least

Jamie Clarke is an outstanding player no doubt. But you are doing a serious discredit to the other Armagh players. He is not worth 15 points alone. Lets not forget out of the 1-14 points Armagh scored from play he scored 3 points. You really are disrespecting the other Armagh players in what was a superb team effort.

Main Street

No doubt Jamie can't possibly do it on his own or even be the only difference between winning and losing, however his talent does stand out like a sore thumb. There's a lot of love for Jamie.
For a while we even had sympathy for his plight, a flower in a desert.

Shrewdness

Congrats Armagh, best team won. Best of luck for rest of championship. Can any of my fellow Rossies tell me how long John Evans' tenure is supposed to be?

Syferus

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 19, 2014, 09:27:13 PM
Congrats Armagh, best team won. Best of luck for rest of championship. Can any of my fellow Rossies tell me how long John Evans' tenure is supposed to be?

Two years. He was offered three but wanted two and for him to be judged on how things were after that. Seems inconceivable that he won't sign up for another year and indeed I'd hope we'd get another two year term for Evans. He's proven himself an astute manager and stability is key to getting up to D2 standard for next spring.

INDIANA

Quote from: Syferus on July 19, 2014, 09:43:55 PM

Two years. He was offered three but wanted two and for him to be judged on how things were after that. Seems inconceivable that he won't sign up for another year and indeed I'd hope we'd get another two year term for Evans. He's proven himself an astute manager and stability is key to getting up to D2 standard for next spring.

What's he achieved thus far?

JP

Quote from: INDIANA on July 19, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

Jaysus you are the height of negativity. He has got promoted to Division 2 and ran Mayo to a point. Well worth continuing on.

Do you expect him to win Sam?

Oraisteach

So, assuming a Dublin win, do we get Meath, or am I way off?

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2014, 09:50:48 PM
So, assuming a Dublin win, do we get Meath, or am I way off?

You're way off in assuming a Dublin win

INDIANA

Quote from: JP on July 19, 2014, 09:49:35 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 19, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

Jaysus you are the height of negativity. He has got promoted to Division 2 and ran Mayo to a point. Well worth continuing on.

Do you expect him to win Sam?

I suppose it depends on what your standards. You've a fair number of lads who've done well at u21 level and maybe its time for the 21 management to move up with them.

I don't see any discernable improvement Armagh are not AI contenders and they beat you comfortably at home. You should be doing much better then that after reaching 2 all ireland u21 finals in the last 4 years in my view.