Dublin v Ros Croke Park 5/8/18

Started by Rossfan, August 01, 2018, 11:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Indeed weareros,  or they may say feck this I'm away to have a life.
Like you I have no confidence current management can turn things around or change their ways.
Pity our local media wouldn't put them under a bit more scrutiny though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

The problem is you never had any confidence and were attacking McStay from square one. People can see your agenda.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: weareros on August 06, 2018, 06:52:57 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 06, 2018, 04:52:38 PM
he might have some of the worst but also the best. he has been there 2/3 attempts better than most of those others managers. in the other years we went out to some poorer teams. he is not messiah, he moves on so be it doesnt bother me but thinking that will bring about a change in fortunes is IMO fanciful. we will be back here again in 2/3 years or 1 potentially one like Des

He had one isolated good result only if you take the Mayo qtr final in isolation but you can't because we lost the replay by 22 points once Mayo stepped it up, and owned midfield once Parsons was back. Keep in mind that Mayo team went to extra time with Cork the week before they played us. So the real data shows that McStay, who has inherited the most successful underage crop in our modern history, has actually the very worst All-Ireland series record - and his defeats are worse by a long shot. Lookit, he's not always up against brilliant managers when you see a name like Tommy Carr higher up the charts. Looking at the data (and data is not personal), it would behoove us a county to ask, are we getting the best out of our current crop of players? I am not of the opinion that we are and I do not have a confidence that the current management can turn this around. However, since they are getting another year without any close scrutiny, I hope and pray that they can because beatings like these start to become the norm and eat at players confidence.

That's the same mayo that lost the all Ireland final by 1 pt. Spin it whatever way you want. Look at the data tell me the last manager to win Nestor get to back to back qfs and get to D1 league semi and win d2. The last manager to beat Kerry donegal or even Galway.

I'll just call out the hypocrisy of those who wanted a 4 yr for JE, then spent 3 yrs over analyzing everything McStay has done and don't think he deserves a 4th year. Again I don't care who manages Ros I just think Rossies need to be realistic about the level of players we have compared to the bigger teams. Imo changing managers will make little difference. McStay needs to consider his future and have a hard look at this year. When getting to Qfs and winning d2 is not enough we will be changing managers very regularly.

Orchard park

It can be spun loads of ways but has a county manager on megabucks ever survived losing 2 championship matches bynovrr 15 points s year after losing one by 22.... ?

Nigel Dineen could do no worse but posters here would hang him of a lamp post for those sort of performances.....

And I don't want Nigel in charge either....

Has McStsy list the dressing room??? Today is a very important day in the short/ medium term future

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on August 06, 2018, 09:02:51 PM
It can be spun loads of ways but has a county manager on megabucks ever survived losing 2 championship matches bynovrr 15 points s year after losing one by 22.... ?

Nigel Dineen could do no worse but posters here would hang him of a lamp post for those sort of performances.....

Has McStsy list the dressing room??? Today is a very important day in the short/ medium term future

Have a look at the state he left Castlerea in if fûcking Nige is the idea of a replacement for McStay.

Today is very important? Ya what? Today is probably the least important day of the year. McStay is going to be there in 2019 so you'd best get over yourself and accept that fact.

Rossfan

Has McStsy list the dressing room???
Quite possibly.
If he's to stay he'll need to majorly Re invent himself and his backroom.
If we have the same again Club Rossie can forget it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2018, 09:43:40 PM

Have a look at the state he left Castlerea in if fûcking Nige is the idea of a replacement for McStay.

Today is very important? Ya what? Today is probably the least important day of the year. McStay is going to be there in 2019 so you'd best get over yourself and accept that fact.

The bank holiday Monday after a championship  is a recipe for drunken  rows,  players  no longer fearing dropping letting fly with honest opinions.... yes Syferus if you were ever in a team of a management it's a day that could decide a year......

I know Mcstay will be there , you seem to think every one who called out tye many mistakes before you spotted them has an anti mcstay agenda, I don't  at all, I  know he needs to do better., he will never love Roscommon like you or I ,  unlike  you l know him for over 30 years, I have a very different view of the game than he has,  maybe I'm cynical, may be he's idealistic  but as long as he takes Ballymore largesse he is fair game  for constructive criticism....

Anyways I'm off to enjoy the hurling now and hope to chfudt My adopted home can win after many false dawns over 37 yesrs

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on August 07, 2018, 12:36:26 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2018, 09:43:40 PM

The bank holiday Monday after a championship  is a recipe for drunken  rows,  players  no longer fearing dropping letting fly with honest opinions.... yes Syferus if you were ever in a team of a management it's a day that could decide a year......

I know Mcstay will be there , you seem to think every one who called out tye many mistakes before you spotted them has an anti mcstay agenda, I don't  at all, I  know he needs to do better., he will never love Roscommon like you or I ,  unlike  you l know him for over 30 years, I have a very different view of the game than he has,  maybe I'm cynical, may be he's idealistic  but as long as he takes Ballymore largesse he is fair game  for constructive criticism....

Anyways I'm off to enjoy the hurling now and hope to chfudt My adopted home can win after many false dawns over 37 yesrs

The days that decided the year were the Cavan league game, the CF, the Armagh game and the Tyrone game. Bitching and moaning today is utterly inconsequential.

FFS McStay literally said after the Tyrone game a more defensive approach would probably be needed in the winter break so don't pretend like he hasn't got the message. There's a lot of difference between fair criticism and having an anti-McStay agenda. A few posters here fall very clearly into the later camp.

Orchard park

Those of us who understand football said that after the 2016 league semi final so your hero is  avery slow learner.

He facilitated  his old brigids buddy then to orchestrate a despicable shafting of  fergal o'donnell in the harvest of 2016 and pleaded innocence.  He woukd gave her  better served to listen yo the experienced coach: manager instead of what transpired..

Despite allmif the above he remains manager and  Iwish him and all others a better 2019 and hope he hasn't lost the dressing room  already

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2018, 01:20:07 AM

FFS McStay literally said after the Throne game a more defensive approach would probably be needed in the winter break so don't pretend like he hasn't got the message. There's a lot of difference between fair criticism and having an anti-McStay agenda. A few posters here fall very clearly into the later camp.

Syferus, at the slightest criticism you literally want to put posters in the studio with Gay Sheerin talking shite to the Clare man. I don't think there was ever any criticism of McStay when he was chosen as Ros manager. Any criticism was directed at county board for the classless way they treated Evans. I recall you were a very vocal critic of the chairman, even asking him to consider his position. McStay and O'Donnell were very well liked for their brilliant achievements of winning All-Irelands with Bridgets and Ros Minors. The criticism began in year two and I believe there were 3 reasons: 1) after the very good league,  supporters were shocked at the struggle versus NY, the poor quality of the game in Salthill, the hammering in Castlebar, and being knocked out by Clare. However, this was eventually forgiven as a team that was gassed for championship after putting too much into league 2) the fallout from the ousting of Fergal O'Donnell - but most moved on 3) the strange decision to not call back  Conor and Ronan Daly after they opted to go to US. I and many were very vocal critics that this was wrong on McStay's part, as it should have been a fresh start when he became sole manager. Don't take back any of that.

Now correct me if I am wrong, when McStay acted more sensibly in saying Sean Mullooly would be welcome back next year after opting for US this year, you were the one asking why one rule for the Dalys...

I actually think this was a case of McStay learning. The whole Daly fiasco was destructive for all concerned and I don't think those lads have recovered since. But credit to McStay he fixed that. So here's hoping he can fix other mistakes and there's frig all wrong from supporters pointing out stuff. You have done it. We don't hate Kevin. I rather enjoyed him hopping the football off the linesman's head. We just want best for Ros football. His current approach won't work. But he's shown he has learned on other issues so we live in hope. Over and out.

PadraicHenryPearse

apparently there are those who know football and very slow learner like McStay.   There's was a very pro JE element anti McStay for the beginning saying otherwise is a downright lie.

The fall out from Fergal was if you read his statement was that him and McStay agreed it wasn't working and fergal decided for the good of ros football not to go for the role. He was critical of people in the background but not McStay. This didn't stop posters having a go. Again see OP  post above.

He did call back the Daly's but they refused but as you say you were a vocal critic because he didn't call them back. The lads haven't recovered as they missed 2/3 years county football. But it's easier to blame McStay.

Blowitupref

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 07, 2018, 07:21:38 AM
apparently there are those who know football and very slow learner like McStay.   There's was a very pro JE element anti McStay for the beginning saying otherwise is a downright lie.

The fall out from Fergal was if you read his statement was that him and McStay agreed it wasn't working and fergal decided for the good of ros football not to go for the role. He was critical of people in the background but not McStay. This didn't stop posters having a go. Again see OP  post above.

He did call back the Daly's but they refused but as you say you were a vocal critic because he didn't call them back. The lads haven't recovered as they missed 2/3 years county football. But it's easier to blame McStay.

I'm nearly sure the Dalys played for Roscommon in 2016 meaning they missed out on one year of county football. Why was Niall Daly an unused sub the last two games,Conor Daly not even on the bench the last few games and why was the youngest brother Ronan dropped off the championship panel when he was starting NFL games this spring and will any of the three Dalys be part of the Roscommon panel next year? 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 07, 2018, 08:59:56 AM

I'm nearly sure the Dalys played for Roscommon in 2016 meaning they missed out on one year of county football. Why was Niall Daly an unused sub the last two games,Conor Daly not even on the bench the last few games and why was the youngest brother Ronan dropped off the championship panel when he was starting NFL games this spring and will any of the three Dalys be part of the Roscommon panel next year?

Conor and Ronan missed half of 16 also. Conor was carrying an injury I believe. Niall started against Armagh and was at fault for peno and their goal. He was also returning from injury and looks out of form. Although you could say that about all backs. I don't know why Ronan was cut I didn't see enough of him so i cannot comment. I cannot predict the future either so I don't know if they will be involved.

Blowitupref

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 07, 2018, 09:13:50 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 07, 2018, 08:59:56 AM
apparently there are those who know football and very slow learner like McStay.   There’s was a very pro JE element anti McStay for the beginning saying otherwise is a downright lie.

The fall out from Fergal was if you read his statement was that him and McStay agreed it wasn’t working and fergal decided for the good of ros football not to go for the role. He was critical of people in the background but not McStay. This didn’t stop posters having a go. Again see OP  post above.

He did call back the Daly’s but they refused but as you say you were a vocal critic because he didn’t call them back. The lads haven’t recovered as they missed 2/3 years county football. But it’s easier to blame McStay.

Conor and Ronan missed half of 16 also. Conor was carrying an injury I believe. Niall started against Armagh and was at fault for peno and their goal. He was also returning from injury and looks out of form. Although you could say that about all backs. I don’t know why Ronan was cut I didn’t see enough of him so i cannot comment. I cannot predict the future either so I don’t know if they will be involved.
In 2016 they got a full pre-season training under their belts and a good Div one campaign which included rare away wins over Donegal,Kerry they should be fitter and more championship ready than for example Timothy,Pettit who weren't on a county senior panel before this summer. Against Armagh the penalty was given for a foot block and the goal the Roscommon full back line was caught napping with a high ball played in i don't recall Niall Daly at fault for either.

Has Peter Domican recovered when he spent much longer away from county football? Conor Devaney played better once he took a break away maybe recovery is different for certain players. Was going to ask will Cian Connolly,Neill Collins,Sean Mullooly recover if they return but of course you cannot predict the future.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

weareros

Were they called back straight away or were they called back, as we know, just before the 2017 Championship when they had already plans for Summer? The devil is in the details.