Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Jinxy on April 09, 2018, 09:59:10 AM
How come the hurlers don't have a nervous breakdown at the thoughts of playing a final anywhere other than Croke Park.

Entitlement?
#newbridgeornowhere

rosnarun

I was watching the Dublin club championship on TG4 last night . a very attractive looking double header with ballyboden ballymun, st bridgets and kilmacud   all playing and only a handful of people there . much less than a similar attraction in Mayo or most other counties I'd bet
there was a high level of football though the results were uneven and big names on all teams.
surely more could be done to promote this
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Jinxy

I'd say Dublin would be a good way down the list nationwide in terms of attendances at club games alright.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Vast majority of Jackeens not interested in Gaelic games other than the County Senior Bandwagon.
Their U21 or Minor teams seldom get more than 500 supporting them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Beffs

Quote from: rosnarun on April 17, 2018, 12:52:55 PM
I was watching the Dublin club championship on TG4 last night . a very attractive looking double header with ballyboden ballymun, st bridgets and kilmacud   all playing and only a handful of people there . much less than a similar attraction in Mayo or most other counties I'd bet
there was a high level of football though the results were uneven and big names on all teams.

Dragging Crokes & Boden over to Parnell Park for the game, would have a knock on effect on attendance. As would the games not being knock out anymore.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rossfan on April 17, 2018, 01:17:41 PM
Vast majority of Jackeens not interested in Gaelic games other than the County Senior Bandwagon.
Their U21 or Minor teams seldom get more than 500 supporting them.
Nor the senior hurlers either, was at a Leinster QF v Wexford in Croke Park 2/3 years back and there was only around 12k there, and that was with both Wexford teams and Kildare playing also.

rosnarun

Quote from: Beffs on April 17, 2018, 03:52:14 PM

Dragging Crokes & Boden over to Parnell Park for the game, would have a knock on effect on attendance. As would the games not being knock out anymore.
killmacud  to donnycarney  is is 13,4 K most country clubs would have people travelling further to training . we used to go 20k without the power of Dublin bus as well

Jinxy

The last time any Dublin fan travelled further than that for a game was Thurles in 2001.
Half of them couldn't find their way back and ended up settling in Portlaoise.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: rosnarun on April 18, 2018, 05:40:25 PM

killmacud  to donnycarney  is is 13,4 K most country clubs would have people travelling further to training . we used to go 20k without the power of Dublin bus as well

Probably 500 sets of traffic lights in that city trip.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Jinxy on April 19, 2018, 01:15:35 PM
The last time any Dublin fan travelled further than that for a game was Thurles in 2001.
Half of them couldn't find their way back and ended up settling in Portlaoise.
For public order offences I presume.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 19, 2018, 01:47:01 PM

It's a short journey in distance but factor in the lights, traffic, reduced speed etc. and it is a long enough spin at any time. Unfortunately no decent venue on the southside bar O'Toole Park so their options are limited.

rosnarun

Quote from: Owenmoresider on April 19, 2018, 02:15:23 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 19, 2018, 01:47:01 PM

It's a short journey in distance but factor in the lights, traffic, reduced speed etc. and it is a long enough spin at any time. Unfortunately no decent venue on the southside bar O'Toole Park so their options are limited.

is that why Dublin refuse to play their home games there out in the sticks. it would suit country clubs like St Vincents though

slippery dodger

Attendance 3135 in Ennis for Limerick v Clare Munster U21 hurling championship

slippery dodger

Leinster Hurling Championship
Offaly v Galway 8,330
Dublin V Kilkenny Unknown

Connacht Football Championship
Mayo v Galway 29,449

Ulster Football Championship
Donegal v Cavan 9,612

Does anybody have any attendance figures from the 3 Leinster Football Games this weekend?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: slippery dodger on May 14, 2018, 03:28:12 AM
Ulster Football Championship
Donegal v Cavan 9,612

That is quite a disappointing figure for that match, I'd have thought. I'd have been estimating an official figure closer to 15,000.