Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2018, 07:54:04 PM
Poor crowd in Enniskillen given that Armagh would have 4000-5000 against Ulster opposition in the league.

But the football is equally poor.
Is it 50/50 in Enniskillen or more Fermanagh ones?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

OgraAnDun

15,029 at Healy Park
24,490 at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.

Horse Box

Quote from: Rossfan on May 19, 2018, 07:46:36 PM
8,421 in Enniskillen
1,658 in Semple. I'd say it's a lonesome spot tonight.

Waterford didn`t travel plus the Black and Tan Soccer ball Cup Final on at the same time . Tipp Hurley out today also so all in all I`m happy enough with the support at the Tipp game !

AZOffaly

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 20, 2018, 04:54:19 PM
15,029 at Healy Park
24,490 at Pairc Ui Chaoimh.
20,400 and something in the Gaelic Grounds.

Rossfan

10,028 in Wexford Park.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Healthy enough attendances in the hurling and Tyrone Monaghan games.
I'd be surprised if the double header in Tullamore between Kildare vs Carlow and Laois vs Westmeath will break the 6000 mark in comparison.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 20, 2018, 09:04:25 PM
I'd be surprised if the double header in Tullamore between Kildare vs Carlow and Laois vs Westmeath will break the 6000 mark in comparison.

Can't really compare with the hurling given the differences in structure.

What have the attendances for the McDonagh cup games so far in hurling been like? (and that's the 11th to 16th ranked hurling counties)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: twohands!!! on May 20, 2018, 09:11:33 PM

Can't really compare with the hurling given the differences in structure.

What have the attendances for the McDonagh cup games so far in hurling been like? (and that's the 11th to 16th ranked hurling counties)

How many of those counties would be hurling first counties? Antrim perhaps.

Rossfan

I'd be surprised if the double header in Tullamore between Kildare vs Carlow and Laois vs Westmeath will break the 6000 mark
Good jaysus! !! Over half a million people live in those 4 Counties!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on May 20, 2018, 09:20:21 PM
I'd be surprised if the double header in Tullamore between Kildare vs Carlow and Laois vs Westmeath will break the 6000 mark

Welcome to the future.

There is very little interest in the county game in Kildare. The Seanie Johnson debacle was quite dividing and the the financial doping of Dublin is very obvious the closer you are & the media's negative narrative around Leinster football is self-fulfilling.

On the plus side I was coaching u7 boys at a 3 club blitz Sat and there was over a 100 pure u7s i.e no u6s. It's just a pity the GAA have killed their dreams before they even knew they had them .

#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 20, 2018, 09:45:49 PM

Welcome to the future.

There is very little interest in the county game in Kildare. The Seanie Johnson debacle was quite dividing and the the financial doping of Dublin is very obvious the closer you are & the media's negative narrative around Leinster football is self-fulfilling.

On the plus side I was coaching u7 boys at a 3 club blitz Sat and there was over a 100 pure u7s i.e no u6s. It's just a pity the GAA have killed their dreams before they even knew they had them .

That's the important thing - Youngsters playing! Sure you look at most counties and the intercounty appeal is low!

northsideboy

Welcome to the future.

Meh, you lost me at the tiresome financial doping crap. Kildare (and Meath too) given their proud football heritage and population should be doing so much better than they are currently doing at senior level. I've seen enough talented footballers from Kildare at underage level in recent years to see that your own structures are not producing and that is not Dublin's fault. For example how many times larger than Monaghan is Kildare's current population and look at Monaghan's recent league and championship record. Get your own house in order before you pollute discussions here with snide, bitter comments from the mind of the Brazilian lemon.   

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2018, 09:53:17 PM

Welcome to the future.

That's the important thing - Youngsters playing! Sure you look at most counties and the intercounty appeal is low!

It's awful to see Kildare support dwindling though. They always had a good fan base, even when they weren't winning.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2018, 10:01:32 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 20, 2018, 09:53:17 PM

Welcome to the future.

It's awful to see Kildare support dwindling though. They always had a good fan base, even when they weren't winning.

These things happen with lack of success, or loss of hope. A problem that is only around the corner with Mayo football. Gaelic Football is dying as a spectacle.  Many people I know only watch the last ten minutes of games that are on the TV, where there is a lot of tension in a low scoring blanket defence game. RTE look to have abandoned covering games.

Jinxy

RTE have made a strategic decision to cover more hurling games at the expense of football.
I don't really blame them.
If you were any use you'd be playing.