Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Quote from: armaghniac on April 01, 2018, 10:12:04 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 01, 2018, 09:02:23 PM
Todays attendance in @CrokePark was 36,574 #AllianzLeague

Nice little earner for the GAA. Their Golden Goose keeps laying the Golden eggs!

Modest enough crowd for a double bill with Dublin involved.
Down over 17,000 on last year. They can't keep banking on Dublin and neglecting elsewhere and almost spitting on club football. Attendances are dropping every year and club football attendances are leaving many clubs hanging by a thread. The change in the past 10 years is drastic and the new bagman Director Ryan won't address it.

slippery dodger

Nearly 17,000 in Wexford Park.

vallankumous

Nice little earner for the GAA. Their Golden Goose keeps laying the Golden eggs!

Many in Dublin can't afford the rent nowadays never mind trips to Croke Park every weekend. North inner City Dublin is becoming impossible for Dubs to live in.

didlyi

All due respects to Galway but unles its a Dublin Kerry final there are alot of dubs supporters that coudnt be bothered going. Its be a worrying trend, the number of supporters coming to support the Dubs is decreasing year on year.

Rossfan

Quote from: full moon on April 01, 2018, 10:50:06 PM

Down over 17,000 on last year. They can't keep banking on Dublin and neglecting elsewhere and almost spitting on club football. Attendances are dropping every year and club football attendances are leaving many clubs hanging by a thread. The change in the past 10 years is drastic and the new bagman Director Ryan won't address it.
So what's your solution??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tyrone Dreamer

It was a bigger crowd than the 2013 and 2015 league finals involving Dublin and around the same as 2014. Last year's was so high due to it being kerry and 2016 was the one off Easter rising celebrations. Yesterday's attendance would have been one of the higher attendances in the last 30 years. It was a decent crowd given it was Easter Sunday and one of Leinster biggest games of the year on across the city.

manfromdelmonte

the poor weather doesn't help
it was baltic yesterday

€30 was a bit steep to be honest

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 02, 2018, 07:35:39 PM
the poor weather doesn't help
it was baltic yesterday

€30 was a bit steep to be honest

Yes, a tad expensive! A decent amount of the Dubs (up to 7,500) did not have to pay in as their Season tickets covered the cost! The same applied for a lot of neutrals. I suppose the GAA had to up the anti on the day trippers to pay a lot of the costs. Then again seeing Dublin were playing in the final, Most of the Corporate Boxes would have been used and they are a Big earner!

Rossfan

Easter Sunday is a family day. There were Easter parades in Ros Town and Strokestown, our game didn't appeal to the "soft"support as it wasn't of much importance,  €30 didn't help and I presume most of the Corporate types were at Rogby.
The train I got from Maynooth was filled with rugbyites.
Mind you they looked like normal people ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2018, 11:03:11 PM
Easter Sunday is a family day. There were Easter parades in Ros Town and Strokestown, our game didn't appeal to the "soft"support as it wasn't of much importance,  €30 didn't help and I presume most of the Corporate types were at Rogby.

No one gives a flute about Easter parades if they're under 75.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on April 03, 2018, 12:11:47 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 02, 2018, 11:03:11 PM

No one gives a flute about Easter parades if they're under 75.

No one will soon will give a flute about intercounty football when they're under 75! :P

Rossfan

Syferflute  makes a flute of himself again.

sid waddell

Quote from: didlyi on April 02, 2018, 10:17:18 AM
All due respects to Galway but unles its a Dublin Kerry final there are alot of dubs supporters that coudnt be bothered going. Its be a worrying trend, the number of supporters coming to support the Dubs is decreasing year on year.
As a Dub, I got rounded on by other Dubs on this forum for making this point last year.

It seems a hell of a lot of Dubs in the real world actually agree with me.

Generally there is a positive relationship between success and support. See Mayo, Donegal, Armagh, Tyrone, Kildare and many others. But when it becomes obvious that a team is dominating to the point that that there is no point going to most matches because the result is a foregone conclusion, then it becomes a negative relationship.

Dublin passed that point in Leinster many years ago. Their overall support patterns have become reminiscent of Kerry's and Kilkenny's at their most dominant.

ONeill

30 euros??? You're kidding me!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rosnarun

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on April 02, 2018, 11:56:47 AM

It was a bigger crowd than the 2013 and 2015 league finals involving Dublin and around the same as 2014. Last year’s was so high due to it being kerry and 2016 was the one off Easter rising celebrations. Yesterday’s attendance would have been one of the higher attendances in the last 30 years. It was a decent crowd given it was Easter Sunday and one of Leinster biggest games of the year on across the city.
36k it would have left about 10K outside the gate at thomond park
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere