Armagh v Kildare 29.07.2017

Started by illdecide, July 17, 2017, 08:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on July 19, 2017, 03:28:31 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 19, 2017, 01:58:27 PM
Quote from: maddog on July 19, 2017, 01:55:53 PM
My issue with the black card is whether its that much of a punishment. Eg Dean rock blacked carded Brogan comes on and kicks 5 points. Think 10 min sin bin would be better. Obviously the lack of understanding in implementing the rule is a big problem as mentioned by other posters.

I would prefer that too. It is a better way to punish teams in my opinion and should not have been done away with.

It wouldn't stop the typical black card situation in the last 10 mins though.

But if a team had 1 or 2 less players for the last 10 minutes they'd be less inclined to cause the foul to protect a 2-3 point lead.

Oraisteach

Think I'd prefer the sin bin idea as well.  A black card to a team with a limited squad is a serious loss, but to a deep panel like Dublin's, it means nothing.  The sin bin punishes each team equally. 

del_carroll

Wit Doyle out, and feely doubtful, I'd be thinking neil Flynn comes in either on the 40, with Conway dropping to cb, or to FF, with Brophy going to half forward....is he fit? Automatic starter for me if he is... Lovely footballer

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: del_carroll on July 19, 2017, 03:52:06 PM
Wit Doyle out, and feely doubtful, I'd be thinking neil Flynn comes in either on the 40, with Conway dropping to cb, or to FF, with Brophy going to half forward....is he fit? Automatic starter for me if he is... Lovely footballer

Wasn't togged out on Sunday. Hamstring injury.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

seafoid

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2017, 03:46:54 PM
Think I'd prefer the sin bin idea as well.  A black card to a team with a limited squad is a serious loss, but to a deep panel like Dublin's, it means nothing.  The sin bin punishes each team equally.
I would too.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orior

Quote from: Oraisteach on July 19, 2017, 03:46:54 PM

Good idea
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

smelmoth

Black card is not just a punishment. It's a deterrent.

Players slog their guts out all winter and spring to play in the big games. When faced with the will I/ won't i decision in a game the 10 mins breather is not the same deterrent as the black card. Keep it. Work on the standard of refs and politely remind journalists and broadcasters that pundits that are incapable of understanding a rule or too lazy to find out what it does or how it is supposed to work do nothing positive for the game

illdecide

Whatever team lines out both teams will give their all and it should be a good game of football, Kildare did impress against Dublin and that will give them confidence (if losing can give you confidence but it was the Dubs). Armagh having won 3 games on the bounce and the games have gradually been getting tougher and likewise Kildare will be another step up again but it's a game that Armagh can win but Kildare will start as favourites and rightly so.
As i stated earlier in thread this game will let us know exactly where Armagh are in terms of development and i would love to win this game to go head to head with Tyrone in Croke Park, should Kildare win this i believe they'll give Tyrone all they want too. (is that draw in stone...winners of this tie to play Tyrone?)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Quote from: illdecide on July 20, 2017, 10:25:22 AM
Whatever team lines out both teams will give their all and it should be a good game of football, Kildare did impress against Dublin and that will give them confidence (if losing can give you confidence but it was the Dubs). Armagh having won 3 games on the bounce and the games have gradually been getting tougher and likewise Kildare will be another step up again but it's a game that Armagh can win but Kildare will start as favourites and rightly so.
As i stated earlier in thread this game will let us know exactly where Armagh are in terms of development and i would love to win this game to go head to head with Tyrone in Croke Park, should Kildare win this i believe they'll give Tyrone all they want too. (is that draw in stone...winners of this tie to play Tyrone?)

Presumably, if Armagh and Monaghan win they will be a draw for the QF pairing. If Kildare or Down win then there will be no draw as they will not play the same team as in the provincial final.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Dinny Breen

Feeley's black card against Clare in the League has been rescinded he's record has been amended. That's a big plus for Kildare.
#newbridgeornowhere

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 21, 2017, 06:25:06 AM
Feeley's black card against Clare in the League has been rescinded he's record has been amended. That's a big plus for Kildare.

As I predicted, a cast iron ban in the GAA never sticks.

Quelle surprise.

omagh_gael

Do you know on what basis?

What was Feeley's black card for in the Clare match?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 21, 2017, 07:53:09 AM

Do you know on what basis?

What was Feeley's black card for in the Clare match?

The GAA twitted it last night
https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/888179624894746624

No detailed explanation just said not proven
#newbridgeornowhere

tonto1888

I think it's fair enough. Would be harsh to be banned for three when two of them came in a different competition. Plus you can no excuses when we beat ye 😉
I see McKernan is allowed to play against Monaghan. Am I right in thinking he got theee black cards in three championship games

illdecide

The GAA are a joke in their rules, is there anything that actually sticks. This is not having a go at Feely or any Kildare player just over the years the amount of players who have got off with their suspensions or bans is a joke. In fact any player who actually takes their ban is silly as it will almost certainly be over turned...Why is this?

Look at the soccer...try getting a suspension over turned by UEFA for example, not a chance. There is not even a process for an appeal, so why can the GAA be simply make a moclery of their rules. Surely the Refs are thinking what's the point?

I wonder why KmcG didn't appeal his touch line ban earlier? 
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch