China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: seafoid on April 24, 2020, 05:38:52 PM
Covid is a wild motherfucker of a virus

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30937-5/fulltext

"Cardiovascular complications are rapidly emerging as a key threat in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in addition to respiratory disease. The mechanisms underlying the disproportionate effect of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection on patients with cardiovascular comorbidities, however, remain incompletely understood.1,  2
SARS-CoV-2 infects the host using the angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) receptor, which is expressed in several organs, including the lung, heart, kidney, and intestine.

...vulnerable patients with pre-existing endothelial dysfunction, which is associated with males, smoking, hypertension, diabetes, obesity, and established cardiovascular disease, all of which are associated with adverse outcomes in COVID-19."

There are stories coming out of people arriving at the doctor's office or sitting in their hospital bed, fiddling on their phones, fully alert, while their blood oxygen saturation levels are dangerously low. Hours later they're intubated or dead.

Walter Cronc

What's the story with the guards in the south lads? Are there regular checkpoints? Was planning on driving back to London next week (came home for a month there) and get the boat in Rosslare.

Itchy

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 24, 2020, 08:45:26 PM
What's the story with the guards in the south lads? Are there regular checkpoints? Was planning on driving back to London next week (came home for a month there) and get the boat in Rosslare.

I'm sure it varies but 2 weeks ago I got stopped every day on way to work and every evening on way home. Last 2 weeks absolutely nothing. Woulsnt you be better go to stranraer and drive down, if you get stopped in south they'll send you home or fine you.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on April 24, 2020, 09:26:17 PM

I'm sure it varies but 2 weeks ago I got stopped every day on way to work and every evening on way home. Last 2 weeks absolutely nothing. Woulsnt you be better go to stranraer and drive down, if you get stopped in south they'll send you home or fine you.
The Guards will not be blocking somebody who wants to exit the country. If stopped just have the evidence of a boat ticket handy and it's 'bon voyage Walter'.

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2020, 09:29:57 PM

The Guards will not be blocking somebody who wants to exit the country. If stopped just have the evidence of a boat ticket handy and it's 'bon voyage Walter'.

That's not a chance I'd be taking, you get a contrary guard you are missing your boat. Anyway, its Walter's risk to take

ardtole

Cant see it being a problem at all. If you have a valid ticket for the boat I cannot see any reason not to let you complete the journey.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on April 24, 2020, 09:32:53 PM

That's not a chance I'd be taking, you get a contrary guard you are missing your boat. Anyway, its Walter's risk to take
There's cross border freedom of travel. Do you think the Guards would prevent a cardriver making his way to Dublin airport to catch a scheduled flight? 

armaghniac

Quote from: ardtole on April 24, 2020, 09:43:46 PM
Cant see it being a problem at all. If you have a valid ticket for the boat I cannot see any reason not to let you complete the journey.

Exactly. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2020, 09:43:54 PM

There's cross border freedom of travel. Do you think the Guards would prevent a cardriver making his way to Dublin airport to catch a scheduled flight?

In case you missed it there is no freedom of travel at the moment.

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on April 25, 2020, 12:38:57 AM
Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2020, 09:43:54 PM

In case you missed it there is no freedom of travel at the moment.
I wrote "cross border freedom of travel".
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade advises against all non-essential travel overseas until further notice. This includes Great Britain but does not apply to Northern Ireland
The Irish Health Authorities require anyone coming into Ireland, apart from Northern Ireland, to restrict their movements on arrival for 14 days

Can you evisage a Garda checkpoint turning back sombody on their way to Dublin airport to catch a flight on the basis of a power they imagined they held?

gallsman

Had the wife's 20 week scan today in Barcelona. On way home two cops in a car stopped, called out to us and asked us our craic. We told them we were on the way home sheet a trip to the hospital, asked did they want to see our self declaration and we were on our way. No bother at all. Stopped at a supermarket in the way home for 15 mins. All fine.

Gmac

Quote from: gallsman on April 25, 2020, 02:15:34 AM
Had the wife's 20 week scan today in Barcelona. On way home two cops in a car stopped, called out to us and asked us our craic. We told them we were on the way home sheet a trip to the hospital, asked did they want to see our self declaration and we were on our way. No bother at all. Stopped at a supermarket in the way home for 15 mins. All fine.
your first time outside in how long ?

trailer

The best medical and scientific advice.... that Dominic Cummings is guiding.

Time everyone woke up. Bundle of f**king chancers running the response including the CMOs.

Smurfy123

The whole thing from start to finish has been an absolute disgrace
A national scandal and an enquiring should open when this is over
Multiple people need to stand before a judge
On a side note and I'll say it again hospitals are empty up and down the country north and south
The new nightingale hospital has not been used. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. The curve has not only been slowed it has stopped

People uninfected be Coronavirus
99.994% of China's 1.4 billion population was uninfected
99.729% of Italy's 60 million population
99.817% of USA's 330 million population
99.633% of Spain's 47 million population
99.842% of Germany's 83 million population
99.910% of Iran's 83 million population
99.798% of France's 65 million population
99.698% of Switzerland's 8.6 million population
99.858% of UK's 67 million population
99.979% of South Korea's 51 million population
99.889% of Sweden's 10.3 million population
99.974% of Australia's 25 million population
99.974% of the World's 7.5 billion population

imtommygunn

700 plus people have died per day in the uk almost consistently for the last two weeks and so sign of abating yet. In the teens of people are dying up north per day and regularly up towards fifty in the south. No curve has been stopped. It stops when we go to zero in deaths and new infections. That is when it stops.

Trailer speaks a wee bit of sense in there in that we can make moves back to normal society sensibly. You don't speak any sense. Yes we can't go on like this indefinitely but if we go back to normal living then the curve, which is not stopped, goes back to exponential again.

You use UK stats like everyday has been tested. Same in a lot of places really.