Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Minder on March 14, 2008, 08:59:14 PM
Extremely rare for a child to be found alive after that period of time, allegedley the 39 year old man arrested is part of the mothers extended family. They seem to be a rare crowd.

it was the step fathers uncle
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Aye so i see,have we had the world exclusive interview with the ma talking to the Sun yet?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Square Ball

not yet, but there is still time. wonder did some one tell the police to claim the 50 gran, no doubt that an exclusive interview will happen with the claimee if they did tell the police

Uladh

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Uladh on March 19, 2008, 11:47:26 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7304556.stm

Proper order. editor heads should roll

Weren't these the sort of (libellous) stories used by some on here to try and discredit the McCanns in the past?   ::)

Square Ball

So after 26 days Shannon is found alive and well, thank God for that.

So where were the great and the good and the national campaign to find her? where were the collections for a fund? where were the photos in peoples windows below the Find Maddie caption? ( I do hope she is safe) where were the publicists, media spokespeople, legal team and all that?

I wonder is it anything to do with the the fact she is not middle class and from a dysfunctional family?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Square Ball on March 19, 2008, 05:33:16 PM

So where were the great and the good and the national campaign to find her? where were the collections for a fund? where were the photos in peoples windows below the Find Maddie caption? ( I do hope she is safe) where were the publicists, media spokespeople, legal team and all that?

I wonder is it anything to do with the the fact she is not middle class and from a dysfunctional family?

At work last week I asked people, 'what was Shannon's second name'?

Only one knew...
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ExiledGael

That class argument has got nothing to do with this. Dysfunctional family has everything to do with it as it was almost certain since day one that it was a close connection to the family/area that was guilty, the police knew that.
Madeleine McCann went missing in a foreign country where only a handful of people knew her.
Immediately after Shannon Matthews disappeared the police said they were confining their search to the local area and never left that five mile radius. No cash was needed, just manpower, and there were far more police on the Shannon Matthews search than there were looking for Madeleine McCann, the largest force deployed for a hunt since the Yorkshire Ripper.
Something led the police to restrict their search to the area, and the in-laws extended family were suspects from the start. Two extremely different sets of circumstances here, and it's unfair on the McCann's to criticise them for giving everything they can to the search for their daughter.

Square Ball

The facts are that two children went missing, one in a foreigh country, the other in England, one was middle class and there was a massive search for her, the other was working class from a dysfunctional family and there wasnt.

I think Norf T quote of "At work last week I asked people, 'what was Shannon's second name'?

Only one knew..."  sums the coverage of both cases up very well

Why is it unfair to critise the McCanns?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Square Ball on March 19, 2008, 05:33:16 PM

Quote from: Square Ball on March 19, 2008, 06:28:04 PM
The facts are that two children went missing, one in a foreigh country, the other in England, one was middle class and there was a massive search for her, the other was working class from a dysfunctional family and there wasnt.

I think Norf T quote of "At work last week I asked people, 'what was Shannon's second name'?

Only one knew..."  sums the coverage of both cases up very well

Why is it unfair to critise the McCanns?

Two interesting quotes there SB - just clarify for me, the scenario that you outlined in the first quote above, is there a direct connection with your second quote, where you state  Why is it unfair to critise the McCanns? From reading the two quotes, I get the impression that in your mind, the McCanns are somehow to be criticised for the state of events that you outlined in your first quote, i.e. doubl standards by the media and / or public!

If there is no connecton, could you please explain to me (I'm a little slow) what exactly you are arguing?

ExiledGael

Dealing in facts than - it's unfair to criticise two parents for seeking publicity and public help to find their lost daughter, simple as that. Are you criticising them for something else?

It was accepted (almost) from the start that Madeleine McCann was abducted by an unknown intruder.
It was accepted from the start that Shannon Matthews was lifted by someone close to the family/area who knew the girl.
The two are not similar cases so you can't judge the effects of class to the case in relative terms.

Square Ball

I am not criticising the McCanns for utilising the media, and certainly if I was in their shoes I would have attempted to do the same thing,  I am blaming the media and the lack of coverage on the Shannon case.

I simply posed the question, why is it unfair to criticise the McCanns, did I criticise them?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Square Ball on March 19, 2008, 07:01:11 PM
I simply posed the question, why is it unfair to criticise the McCanns, did I criticise them?

I cannot see where you criticised them, and I am at a loss as to why you would ask that.

You did though write, why is it unfair to criticise the McCanns , and I would suggest it is implicit in that question that you believe it is fair to criticise the McCanns. The fact that you raised this with the issue of discrepancies between the find Shannon and find Maddie campaigns, had me completely at a loss, and prompted my question.

You appear (to me) to now declared that there is no connection.

unforgiven

I wonder is Madeline hiding in a Divan bed base too.

Rumours are that Osama Bin Laden is using a Divan to hide from the americans

glenullinabu

Quote from: unforgiven on March 20, 2008, 12:48:35 AM
I wonder is Madeline hiding in a Divan bed base too.

Rumours are that Osama Bin Laden is using a Divan to hide from the americans

dickhead >:(