Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 15, 2007, 10:31:59 AM
Tyrones Own, obviously everyone here knows that they are going through one hell og an ordeal, but they ordeal is of their own making, they went out and left 3 children under the age of 4, unattended while they wined and dined with their friends. It is neglect on an epic scale and one way or the other it has led to the disappearance of one of their children. Now we can all argue til we are blue in the face about how that child disappeared, but if they had sat in the appartment or got a babysitter, this may not have happened.
5iveTimes, the neglect has hapenned. After that it is a soap opera and a big part of that is that many are not shy to to jump to speculative opinion of gymnastic proportions.

For my part I have tried to avoid the opera, I only heard the parents in an interview early on and I did not hear the desperate pain or anguish in their voices. I thought that this doesn't sound right at all. I know what its like to be culpable in a kid's dissapearance for a couple of hours and it's quite normal for the first time to be a gibbering wreck in the face of your worst fears. I found their detachment from emotion to be remarkable. It's up to the local cops to investigate, I can live with not knowing or not being sure of anything and postponing speculation until evidence is established.   

spiritof91and94

Any updates on this story?

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Balboa

Perhaps not the most balanced programme you will watch......

pintsofguinness

Thinking that as well, waste of time

Balboa

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 17, 2007, 08:17:49 PM
Thinking that as well, waste of time

I told the missus i wouldnt be watching that shite but alas i was overruled (sp?)

pintsofguinness

An awful amount of clutching at straws going on.

Square Ball

The only revelation to me was near the end, the similarities to Maddie from the case of Joana (wont even attempt to spell the surname) she went missing and her her mum was found guilty, she and the husband claim she was fitted up and a confession was beaten out of her, did  you see the photo, also the same inspector was in both cases, and he is a suspect in something, that disappearance was only 7 miles away.

they have never found the girl in that case either.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on September 17, 2007, 08:39:29 PM
The only revelation to me was near the end, the similarities to Maddie from the case of Joana (wont even attempt to spell the surname) she went missing and her her mum was found guilty, she and the husband claim she was fitted up and a confession was beaten out of her, did  you see the photo, also the same inspector was in both cases, and he is a suspect in something, that disappearance was only 7 miles away.

they have never found the girl in that case either.

Thought that was very stange myself but google the name Joana Cipriano and you'll see a very different side to the story. 

pintsofguinness

5times it was load of shite.  It took the side that the Mccanns are innocent, framed by a police. 
Started off well and we seen shep (dog) being tested - he found the blood and smelt death in the right car - he scraped the floor like mad. Then they had some man putting glitter on his hands and showing how DNA could be transferred.  He thought a clump of maddie's hair would have fallen out of brush and into the boot.  Then it interviewed the father (i think) of the child joana who went missing 7 miles from maddie.  Her mother is serving time, the father claimed she was set up and a confession beat out of her.  The policeman over that case is one of the ones involved in Maddie's case.  It did sound very suspicious to me but as I say, put the name into google till you see what you get. 
We'd a few soundbites from the family then.

oh and we'd some man who talked about portugal not having a sex offenders register  ::)  I stopped listening to him after that.

It was just clutching at straws.

Square Ball

POG, see what you mean,

"Leonor Cipriano and her brother, who had a incestuous relationship, were both sentenced" among other things.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on September 17, 2007, 08:58:06 PM
POG, see what you mean,

"Leonor Cipriano and her brother, who had a incestuous relationship, were both sentenced" among other things.

And it was the uncle that confessed - not the mother.
The mother accused and named police officers of beating her up - she couldnt pick one of them out in a line up. (Including yer man that's involved in Maddie's case)

The British Media think we're stupid!!!!

Colonel Cool

I couldn't find anything other than Sun like headlines. Can you post POG?
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

Capt Pat

Anyone find it interesting that the McCanns are both nhs doctors and something like this should happen to them. I have heard it said that glasses aren't the only thing that comes free on the NHS if you know what I mean. ;)

pintsofguinness

http://portugalresident.com/portugalresident/search.asp
That's what I got from searching that paper - not all of those articles are related but you'll find relevant ones. 

if you throw the name into google you should get loads, even from forums and blogs - not reliable I know but enough to show at least some of the facts of the case and it's not what the British Media are putting forward!