Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Balboa on September 08, 2007, 12:26:37 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 08, 2007, 12:14:26 PM
The British media seem to be taking the side of the McCanns, whereas the rest of the world seem to be questioning their involvment.

Because of their initial almost canonisation of the Mc Canns they may find it difficult turning on them just yet, but mark my words if they are found guilty the media will turn on them or they will lose all credibility.There will be a story in Sun/Mirror from an ex boyfriend/girlfriend of Mc Canns saying they always thought they were evil........

That was going to be my next post. If they are guilty the British media will slaughter them which is fair enough, but it will be for the wrong reason.
MWWSI 2017

SuperSub

Quote from: Balboa on September 08, 2007, 12:26:37 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 08, 2007, 12:14:26 PM
The British media seem to be taking the side of the McCanns, whereas the rest of the world seem to be questioning their involvment.

Because of their initial almost canonisation of the Mc Canns they may find it difficult turning on them just yet, but mark my words if they are found guilty the media will turn on them or they will lose all credibility.There will be a story in Sun/Mirror from an ex boyfriend/girlfriend of Mc Canns saying they always thought they were evil........

Its been said before but if the McCanns were from a council estate in London or wherever would the press have been so quick to side with them

SuperSub

Quote from: Balboa on September 08, 2007, 12:08:17 PM
Quote from: seanf on September 08, 2007, 12:04:15 PM
Maybe after all the abuse they have had, the Portuguese police will get commended for unravelling a massive cover up whilst being under pressure from the worlds press!

You never know!

I know, can you remember the British media about a month into the story, backward Portugese police, incompetence etc......

And the amount of times they had experts on saying "This wouldn't happen in England" as regards to the way the case is being carried out by the portugese police

SuperSub

Tyrone lady

I dont believe for a second that either parent killed madeline, either accidentally or otherwise. I honestly feel that the portugese police are under severe pressure to find something or find some sort of outcome, this case was never just going to go away, they seemed to have exhausted all other options and perhaps this is only one they had left.  I also believe that if the police had hard concrete evidence that either parent killed their daughter they would have been charged. There is rarely ever the perfect murder, there is always a slip up, even to those most familar and skilled at what they are doing, how in heavens name would mrs mc cann hide every scrap of evidence, i just dont buy it. If police had dammin evidence she would be a goner and charged with muder manslaughter or whatever, but they obviously dont, and i believe they are hopin that they will crack and admit to it and make their jobs a hell of a lot easier. Cant see this happening. Just refuse to believe they had anything to do with it and it would destroy any faith i had in human nature. 

pintsofguinness

QuoteCant see this happening. Just refuse to believe they had anything to do with it and it would destroy any faith i had in human nature.
I don't get this faith in human nature stuff, they'd hardly be the first people to kill a child.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrone lady

Yes pint i know this, im referring to the fact that they have had the whole nation behind them for so long trying to help them, and giving them money etc, i mean if they did turn out guilty i would feel like i could never believ anything strongly again as i have believed in them right from the start, duno if you understand what i mean but anyway

muppet

They could have left anytime. Unless of course that wasn't the case and that they had been 'asked' to stay all along.

I never heard of the type of dogs mentioned in the posts above but if those dogs reliably picked up the scent of a corpse then at least there are some questions that need to be answered by the McCanns. It still doesn't make them guilty though.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrone lady on September 08, 2007, 05:04:56 PM
Yes pint i know this, im referring to the fact that they have had the whole nation behind them for so long trying to help them, and giving them money etc, i mean if they did turn out guilty i would feel like i could never believ anything strongly again as i have believed in them right from the start, duno if you understand what i mean but anyway

I get it hard to have sympathy with the "whole nation" because if it was the child of a single mother from some council estate they would slaughter her.  There would be no visits to the pope, no touring on private jets etc.  My faith in human nature went when it became blindly obvious that in this day and age your profession and social class still matters.  That is what's very sad. 
Of course I have every sympathy with the little girl and still hope she turns up well but I can't help wondering if the people who were so willing to throw money at the mccanns threw money at children in third world countries how many lives a million plus pounds would have saved.

Tyrone lady

Pint you keep going back to this about their social class, thats irrelevant now, in my opinion anyway, why is it that every post you make, in relation to everyting and anything that you seem to hate the world and see the worse in everything and everyone. You seem to me like a very bitter man.
Anyway this isnt the thread for this so il leave it at that

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrone lady on September 08, 2007, 05:19:56 PM
Pint you keep going back to this about their social class, thats irrelevant now, in my opinion anyway, why is it that every post you make, in relation to everyting and anything that you seem to hate the world and see the worse in everything and everyone. You seem to me like a very bitter man.
Anyway this isnt the thread for this so il leave it at that
::)
You or no one else on this board knows anything about me but I love the way you can all make judgments.

Sadly social class is very relevant in this case. 

The Real Laoislad

I agree with POG..If they had of been from a council estate in Liverpool or Manchester or anywhere in England i have a feeling the publics and the medias initial reaction would have been completely different
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Tyrone lady on September 08, 2007, 04:47:24 PM
I also believe that if the police had hard concrete evidence that either parent killed their daughter they would have been charged.

Portuguse system does not work like ours or the UK. The police cannot charge them or anyone else.  All they can do is gather as much evidence as possible and it is up to the public prosecutor to charge some one. There is a lot of investigating to be done yet. It's possible some of the friends will also have to be called back to be re interviewed. No one will be charged until all the evidence is gathered, and all the forensic evidence is not even back yet. Of course you may be correct and there may not be enough evidence to charge anyone, but I do not think we can read anything into the fact that no one has been charged yet. With the eyes of the world on them, the police - if someone is going to be charged - will make sure this is watertight before they present all the evidence to the public prosecutor.

Tyrone lady

Another thing that just doesnt add up with me, where could they have hidden the body, how wud they have got away with a body and hidden it, how well do they know they area? id imagine not overly well, it would be hard enuff to hide a body round ur home in an area you know well, so how would you get it hidden in an area you arent sure of, wouldnt the corpse start to smell, 25 days is a long time for a body to fester somewhere in extreme heat when every cop in portugal is searching for it, i cant believe that it was hidden, also how would mrs mc cann have got enough time on her own to go retrieve the body again and take it and dispose of it again, without anyone noticing anything.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tyrone lady on September 08, 2007, 06:17:49 PM
Another thing that just doesnt add up with me, where could they have hidden the body, how wud they have got away with a body and hidden it, how well do they know they area? id imagine not overly well, it would be hard enuff to hide a body round ur home in an area you know well, so how would you get it hidden in an area you arent sure of, wouldnt the corpse start to smell, 25 days is a long time for a body to fester somewhere in extreme heat when every cop in portugal is searching for it, i cant believe that it was hidden, also how would mrs mc cann have got enough time on her own to go retrieve the body again and take it and dispose of it again, without anyone noticing anything.
Maybe she didn't..Its quite possible someone else done that deed

You'll Never Walk Alone.