Maddie McCann

Started by ExiledGael, May 14, 2007, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hound

Quote from: Square Ball on September 06, 2007, 04:13:58 PM
they are to be interviewed as witnesses and not as suspects..

wonder what the partial results are?
I'm pretty sure the police havent said whether they are being interviewed as witnesses or suspects. Its only the McCann family who have said the "witnessess" thing.

It is the first time the McCanns have brought lawyers with them for an interview with the police and its understood that its the first time the police have asked to speak to them separately.

But I still can't get a scenario in my head that fits with the McCanns being the ones who killed her.

ludermor

i hear ya, if they did kill her where did the body go?

Square Ball

Hound

From the BBC

Portuguese police are re-interviewing the mother of missing Madeleine McCann.
Kate McCann and her husband Gerry have previously been interviewed over the disappearance of their daughter from an apartment in Praia da Luz on 3 May.

Mrs McCann arrived at Portimao police station for formal questioning as a witness, with her lawyer. Police have said the McCanns are not suspects.

spiritof91and94

Breaking News

Madeleine's Mum To Be 'Suspect'
Updated: 08:56, Friday September 07, 2007

Kate McCann will be formally declared a suspect in the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine, a family friend has said.
She is said to be "amazed" at the development in the investigation.

Kate to be declared a suspectSky News Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt said: "It's an incredible twist in this long-running story.

"I have spoken to a family friend who said Kate has been told that when she comes back to the police station in a couple of hours she will formally be declared a suspect."

He said it doesn't mean that police are close to charging Madeleine's mother.

"The police are doing this so they can ask her a list of 22 questions about the night Madeleine disappeared," Brunt said.

"There are specific questions they need to ask and they can only do that if she is a suspect."

He added: "Until now, she has had great faith in the police to find Madeleine and is amazed at this sudden turn of events."

The McCann family spokesman said: "She is shocked and surprised in several ways. First of all that such an accusation could be made against her.

"And obviously she is concerned that such a line of investigation can become a distraction from further attempts to find Madeleine."

Mrs McCann expects to be made an "arguido", a formal suspect, when she returns to the police station in Portimao following nearly 11 hours of questioning yesterday.

An arguido receives more protection under Portuguese law, including the right to remain silent in formal interviews.

Madeleine's father is also due to be re-interviewed later today.

More follows...

Hurler on the Bitch

What got me was the fact that the parents never seemed to 'be in bits' about the whole episode. They were at the forefront of a media campaign that was spearheaded by the tabloids in England and made out that everyone was stupid except the McCanns. Looking at Ms McCann, she has evidently never missed a hair appointment etc etc, despite her trauma ... The thing never added up.. Still think the theory about the parents allegedly doping the child so as they could relax and then allegedly finding that she had overdosed holds sway. Allegedly!

ONeill

Still refuse to entertain the idea that the parents have conned institutions, politicians, sports and music stars and the general public (who donated hundreds of thousands). It'd be the con of all-time and would shatter everyone's belief in the concept of truth in the media as well as human nature.(which was hanging by a thread anyway in both cases)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SammyG

Quote from: man in black on September 07, 2007, 09:25:50 AMWhy not? I am sick of hearing of the bungling "foreign johnny" from the brit media. Im am confident the Portuguese police know their own sod.
Totally agree. The press have decided that the Portuguese police are crap for the simple reason that they won't give the press statements every five minutes. Portugal is a modern European country with a police force to match, it's not some central American junta.

man in black

Quote from: SammyG on September 07, 2007, 09:45:21 AM
Quote from: man in black on September 07, 2007, 09:25:50 AMWhy not? I am sick of hearing of the bungling "foreign johnny" from the brit media. Im am confident the Portuguese police know their own sod.
Totally agree. The press have decided that the Portuguese police are crap for the simple reason that they won't give the press statements every five minutes. Portugal is a modern European country with a police force to match, it's not some central American junta.

Sweet jesus the night.........there you go.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Hereiam

Had read it somewhere that the McCann's set up a Limited company so they could but all the money that they got into it. Now you tell me is this the true actions of a couple who have just lost a child. To me they are a gulity as hell and have took the whole lot of us for mugs. Tell me what have they done with this money that has been raised besides fly around the world....... They are cute whores i tell ye.

A Quinn Martin Production

Was it Sherlock Holmes who said something like "Whenever you have eliminated the impossible, what you are left with, however improbable, is the truth".  What I think is happening here is that the police believe they have eliminated abduction, kidnap by a third party etc and what they are left with, however improbable, are the parents.

I still can't believe that the parents could concoct such a brass necked cover up roping in the media, celebrities etc. ???

The other main question if they are involved...what the feck have they done with the body??  They appear to have hidden it very well if they had to act quickly ???
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

man in black

Square Ball

jesus,

Portuguese police have suggested to Kate McCann that traces of her daughter's blood were found in a car the family hired 25 days after the girl went missing, a family friend said.

Mrs McCann, who is being questioned again by police, fears she will be charged today over the death of Madeleine

dont like this

man in black

Quote from: Square Ball on September 07, 2007, 12:16:22 PM
jesus,

Portuguese police have suggested to Kate McCann that traces of her daughter's blood were found in a car the family hired 25 days after the girl went missing, a family friend said.

Mrs McCann, who is being questioned again by police, fears she will be charged today over the death of Madeleine

dont like this

Well thats the bungled sedative theory out the window. If she was sedated (overly) there wouldnt be blood?

Donagh

Might be a silly question but how would the police know it's her blood if they have nothing to compare it with?