Good article detailing Dublin's unfair funding advantage

Started by TheMaster, February 13, 2019, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 19, 2019, 07:06:22 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on February 19, 2019, 04:26:43 PM
I'm curious to read people's different views on what are Dublin's advantages?
How much of them are public knowledge such as them receiving free food or vitamins etc?

How much more are they treated like professional sports men than other counties?
Are they offered jobs as coaches etc rather than them leaving for Aussie rules?

More and more people are becoming aware of the level of doping we're dealing with here. The same old excuses just aren't working anymore.
It starts with creating elite level players. This has been done at huge expense. It's what gets ignored by many, often purposely. The games development money is not just to attract more players to play GAA. As part of the master plan, an elite player pathway was created. This had an instant impact and has provided Dublin with a conveyor belt of players who've been trained to a high level both physically and skill wise. This is in both football and hurling. The aim of the elite pathway is to have players fully developed by 20/21 and prepared for senior action at that stage. Underage titles are competed for but kinda irrelevant to the overall scheme. This is the biggest issue in all of this. No matter what you do at senior level, you will find it difficult to achieve anything without the players. For Dublin, this conveyor belt has been financed by money from the government, the GAA and the Leinster council. In other words, it's been financed by everyone, be they a member of the GAA or not. Millions upon millions of euro from all of us has been handed to Dublin GAA to fund this system.
After this, you can add everything else in. The sponsorship money, the huge backroom teams, the free meals, free cars, games at home, population advantage, best facilities, not having to travel, etc etc. But that's just an add on to the major injustice. The player development system was the game changer.

Where is this notion Dublin take more out of the GAA put in come from?

But to sum up, you object to Dublin training players well and treating them well.  Because thats something  no other county can do.

Thats the level we are at.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 19, 2019, 07:25:47 PM
How much of them are public knowledge such as them receiving free food or vitamins etc?

How much more are they treated like professional sports men than other counties?

More and more people are becoming aware of the level of doping we're dealing with here. The same old excuses just aren't working anymore.
It starts with creating elite level players. This has been done at huge expense. It's what gets ignored by many, often purposely. The games development money is not just to attract more players to play GAA. As part of the master plan, an elite player pathway was created. This had an instant impact and has provided Dublin with a conveyor belt of players who've been trained to a high level both physically and skill wise. This is in both football and hurling. The aim of the elite pathway is to have players fully developed by 20/21 and prepared for senior action at that stage. Underage titles are competed for but kinda irrelevant to the overall scheme. This is the biggest issue in all of this. No matter what you do at senior level, you will find it difficult to achieve anything without the players. For Dublin, this conveyor belt has been financed by money from the government, the GAA and the Leinster council. In other words, it's been financed by everyone, be they a member of the GAA or not. Millions upon millions of euro from all of us has been handed to Dublin GAA to fund this system.
After this, you can add everything else in. The sponsorship money, the huge backroom teams, the free meals, free cars, games at home, population advantage, best facilities, not having to travel, etc etc. But that's just an add on to the major injustice. The player development system was the game changer.

But to sum up, you object to Dublin training players well and treating them well.  Because thats something  no other county can do.

You see, you are now acting the BULLY!

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2019, 07:12:09 PM
God darn it. You've uncovered Dublin's plan to create a master race to bring about world domination.

The county board probably thought they might have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for some people with waaaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands and over active imaginations😭

Here you go, the Dublin official accounts. Pay close attention to the Strategic Review Committee amount. On average it's been 2.5 million since 2005! That's 35 million euros.

dublin7

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 19, 2019, 07:59:24 PM

Wow!!!! I know things are different in rural Ireland than the big smoke but that's some stretch to take the previous post as bullying. You really need to drop your obsession with Dublin, turn off your computer and go out into the real world and experience what I like to call life

dublin7

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2019, 08:16:12 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 19, 2019, 07:59:24 PM

Wow!!!! I know things are different in rural Ireland than the big smoke but that's some stretch to take the previous post as bullying. You really need to drop your obsession with Dublin, turn off your computer and go out into the real world and experience what I like to call life

I see wages went up in 2016. That must be the bonuses paid to all the professional footballers on the panel for doing 2 in a row 😉😉😉

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2019, 08:21:00 PM
I see wages went up in 2016. That must be the bonuses paid to all the professional footballers on the panel for doing 2 in a row 😉😉😉

You couldn't even quote my post it upset you so much.  ;D I know you knew about the doping for a long time but I'm providing you with figures that show the extent of it. It's hard to accept but you have no other option but to face the facts, you've been supporting a Dublin team doped to the gills.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 19, 2019, 12:58:43 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 18, 2019, 11:04:19 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on February 17, 2019, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 16, 2019, 10:37:53 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on February 16, 2019, 03:05:20 AM
All this concern for Dublin players who drop out because of sheer numbers is very touching.  Not sure how I managed to miss it all back when we weren't  winning.
Never heard of The Blue Wave initiative or the fact that Dublin gets enough of the coaching development kitty that could pay the wages of a dictator in yer average banana republic?

Nothing to do with what he said though. Suddenly the fans of 31 counties want us broken up to give the nearlymen a shot at county football. Thats new.
Yer dead right. That's because he didn't bother to read what I had to say. Neither may I gently suggest have you. If he wants to know why culchies are upset about Dublin's recent dominance anf thinks its all down to pure jealousy, then he seems to knww nothing about the Blue Wave or what way development funds are disbursed.
I just gave facts and figures- nothing magical in that. Anyone with some basic maths would come up with the same results. I never said I felt sorry or glad for those who could play intercounty football if Dublin was split along county boundaries. That's up to Dublin GAA folks but it does mean you are getting along with a very small percentage of the general population and you need all the money you can lay your hands on in order to stay afloat, never mind increase your market share.
The Gah in Dublin is under severe pressure and needs all the cash that's going but that's because of the basket case way your club structure is organised.
Now, that is an opinion but it's based on facts and figures I have posted now and in the past and I will stand over what I am saying.
Unless there is radical change within the association and sooner rather than later, the whole shebang is gonna go tits up.

Hold on, make your mind up. Dublin GAA is a shambles in imminent danger of collapse or a superfinded juggernaut going to win everything for years. Pick one, it cant be both.

Or, you are rei forcing the point that all this is is the whining of culchie thicks who would rather hurl from the ditch than roll up tbe sleeves amd do what Dublin did.
Can't be both?  Oh, yes it can!
It takes increasing chunks of grant money to keep the show on the road. If we were talking about a business venture here, the receivers would have been called in long ago. A bit of basic maths tells its own story.
Okay then, since you insist. Here's the population figures for the Dublin region, based on the census returns of 2016 and 1996, (1,345,000 and 1,058,000 respectively.)
That, by any metric you like, marks a general increase of over 21%.
Has the number of Dublin GAA players increased by anything near that percentage? What about the number of clubs?
I can only think of one new club in that period, (Tyrellstown) and that is struggling for survival. Has general attendance figures gone up 21% in that twenty years?
Unless you can give a definite Yes to those questions, the reality is that Dublin GAA is losing its market share.
On the specifics, Tallaght has a population roughly the same as County Cavan, about 76,000. Tallaght has just one Gaelic club, St. Marks and that hurling. Cavan has a total of 33. There is no way Tallaght has the same percentage of the population involved in GAA affairs as the culchies of Cavan has and the same can be said for the entire Dublin region- all have tiny numbers of the population bothering their arses about Gaelic affairs, club or county.
I don't want to go on and on about facts and figures, they could wreck a head of cabbage. But they may be dry but don't tell lies
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 19, 2019, 08:32:52 PM

You couldn't even quote my post it upset you so much.  ;D I know you knew about the doping for a long time but I'm providing you with figures that show the extent of it. It's hard to accept but you have no other option but to face the facts, you've been supporting a Dublin team doped to the gills.

Imagine the bonuses we'll have to pay out to our professional players if the dubs do 5 in a row. It's lucky they've got all this money you say they do. Of course you could be talking pure s**t What do you think is more likely? Most of us are enjoying Dublin football team and life in 2019 without obsessing over 2016 and 2015. How's that working out for You??

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2019, 08:48:00 PM
Quote from: priceyreilly on February 19, 2019, 08:32:52 PM

Imagine the bonuses we'll have to pay out to our professional players if the dubs do 5 in a row. It's lucky they've got all this money you say they do. Of course you could be talking pure s**t What do you think is more likely? Most of us are enjoying Dublin football team and life in 2019 without obsessing over 2016 and 2015. How's that working out for You??

;D Oh I do apologise. I didn't give you the link: file:///C:/Users/DELL/Downloads/Annual%20Accounts%202016.pdf

It's the official Dublin county board accounts. Obviously, with the huge level of doping, the Dublin county board would rather these accounts never be seen. Unfortunately for them, St Sylvesters released the 2016 accounts. I'd say they got in trouble for that.  :D

dublin7

That's alright you are living in the past so it takes time for you to catch up with those of usbliving in the present. Mind you I don't think you have a life outside of Dublin GAA. If you only you could contribute something positive to the world instead of all your negative rubbish. Being so angry all the time must be exhausting

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2019, 09:31:22 PM
That's alright you are living in the past so it takes time for you to catch up with those of usbliving in the present. Mind you I don't think you have a life outside of Dublin GAA. If you only you could contribute something positive to the world instead of all your negative rubbish. Being so angry all the time must be exhausting

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 17, 2019, 06:21:13 PM
When you say "walking the walk", you really mean receiving millions upon millions of euro to buy success. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. That you or any other Dub can't even mention the money shows that there is a deep guilt there. You will refer to it as "getting our house in order" or terms of similar meaning. You well then refer to anyone who brings up your doping as "begrudgers", "bitter people" etc. If not that you will try to deflect "it's not our fault your county are sh1t" or similar.
This is all a form of lashing out. It really stings that you have no argument against the fact that you were doped to success. None. Instead of facing up to the reality and admitting it to yourselves, you try to convince each other that it's only the nasty culchies telling lies, they are all just jealous etc. I think some Dubs have said this so much that they are actually starting to believe it. But as I said, they know the truth deep down and that's why it hurts. They can't fully enjoy the success because they know it's unjust. The thing is that it won't go away. It's not going to disappear. In 10, 20, 30, 50 years time people will still remember this doping.
It will be like looking back on Michelle Smith. She still has 3 Olympic gold medals, in the record books but then you think, well, she only won them because of the doping.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 19, 2019, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 19, 2019, 09:31:22 PM

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: priceyreilly on February 17, 2019, 06:21:13 PM
When you say "walking the walk", you really mean receiving millions upon millions of euro to buy success. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. That you or any other Dub can't even mention the money shows that there is a deep guilt there. You will refer to it as "getting our house in order" or terms of similar meaning. You well then refer to anyone who brings up your doping as "begrudgers", "bitter people" etc. If not that you will try to deflect "it's not our fault your county are sh1t" or similar.
This is all a form of lashing out. It really stings that you have no argument against the fact that you were doped to success. None. Instead of facing up to the reality and admitting it to yourselves, you try to convince each other that it's only the nasty culchies telling lies, they are all just jealous etc. I think some Dubs have said this so much that they are actually starting to believe it. But as I said, they know the truth deep down and that's why it hurts. They can't fully enjoy the success because they know it's unjust. The thing is that it won't go away. It's not going to disappear. In 10, 20, 30, 50 years time people will still remember this doping.
It will be like looking back on Michelle Smith. She still has 3 Olympic gold medals, in the record books but then you think, well, she only won them because of the doping.

You are a one-trick pony - aren't you. Have you any interest in Gaelic games as such or does your obsession with Dublin take up all your time? You really should seek help.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

manfromdelmonte

Great to see another Dublin player get a car for the year

https://twitter.com/trollier10/status/1097922241801740293?s=20
Professionalism in all but name
Yes he's a hurler. But if he's getting that, what are the footballers getting?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 19, 2019, 11:05:08 PM

Sure I've seen a few of the ladies team receive sponsored cars recently as well.

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 19, 2019, 11:09:07 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 19, 2019, 11:05:08 PM

Sure I've seen a few of the ladies team receive sponsored cars recently as well.

https://www.denismahony.ie/web/brand-ambassadors/