Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarryBreensBandage

Bought a second controller for the XBox One today so that me and the young fella could play 2 player, especially Madden 16, but it is not recognising the second controller, even though we have signed in a guest - any help would be appreciated.
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

manfromdelmonte

My Microsoft Office keeps crashing. Word, Excel, Powerpoint

I cannot remedy the issue.
Windows 8

imtommygunn

At what point? Startup?

What if you run in safe mode?

Has it always c ashed or what has changed?

gallsman

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on February 06, 2016, 11:16:11 PM
Bought a second controller for the XBox One today so that me and the young fella could play 2 player, especially Madden 16, but it is not recognising the second controller, even though we have signed in a guest - any help would be appreciated.
Nothing to do with signing in. Have you connected the controller to the box using the infrared buttons on each?

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2016, 11:43:13 AM
Nothing to do with signing in. Have you connected the controller to the box using the infrared buttons on each?

Will check with the expert now as I am useless with these things - thanks Gallsman
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

gallsman

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on February 07, 2016, 11:45:36 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2016, 11:43:13 AM

Will check with the expert now as I am useless with these things - thanks Gallsman

If it's official Xbox one controller, there'll be a wee leaflet inside box it came in showing how to do it step by step. Won't connect automatically straight out of box as it has to be paired with the console.

If no instructions, just give a quick Google or YouTube.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2016, 11:32:31 AM
At what point? Startup?

What if you run in safe mode?

Has it always c ashed or what has changed?
it crashes after maybe 5 minutes of working
then i have to close program down or restart program
very annoying

I'll see if it works in safe mode

manfromdelmonte

Won't start in safe mode.

Says it cannot verify the licence.

gallsman

bigfrank

My Hp G60-549dx notebooks keyboard has a few keys that for some reason have stopped working,the left and right key and the zero key and both keys either side of it,also the letter p aint working either,i just had a new screen fitted on it as it was blurry/green colour,would this have anything to do with the keys?? im using the onscreen keyboard to type this post hence why all the keys are working  ;)

take_yer_points

Any SQL experts around?  I have 2 tables - table one contains a list of values that can be used as part of a field in another table. Eg,

Table1            Table2
field = team     field = match
Dublin             Kerry vs Dublin
Kerry              Kerry vs Cork
Tyrone            Tyrone vs Dublin
Cavan             Tyrone vs Cavan

There's nothing in the two tables that will allow me to join them. I want to count the instances of the value in Table1 (team) as they occur in the field in Table2 (match).

So the result should be:

Dublin  2
Kerry   2
Tyrone 2
Cork    1
Cavan  1

Any ideas?

nrico2006

Could anyone help - pulled my laptop out the last day for first time in three months (have to use some website to take the wee girl through a practice test and they aren't tablet friendly).  Have recently got a new hub from BT (was previously Sky) and found the network and connected to it.  Tried to open up firefox and explorer but both are simply displaying the cannot display page message.  Any ideas what could be wrong?  The last time I used the laptop it worked fine via the old Sky Hub.  Thanks in advance.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BenDover

Have you any bother connecting to the internet on you mobile? You could try an ethernet cable from hub to laptop or if you can access the internet from your mobile double check your wireless password when connecting to the BT Hub.

nrico2006

No bother connnecting to the internet via any other device or phone in the house just the laptop.  Was thinking about just sticking the cable from the hub to laptop later. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'