Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigfella

Quote from: Green Fields on December 21, 2015, 01:47:50 PM
Santa is leaving my youngest a talking unicorn, you can download an app to interact with it but my devices are all iOS6 and it says you need iOS7 but my devices can't upgrade to iOS7 am I stuffed? The app is form apple.

Yes

Green Fields

Some googling appears to suggest that I am not, so I shall try that.

I know I'm too late to reply but their is a way to download those apps. First you have to need is computer with Internet. Download and Install iTunes if you don't have it. Then Go to iTunes Store and download the app that you like with your apple ID and pass then once downloaded go to App Store in you IOS and then hit Updates and Purchases and then download the App that you downloaded on you computer it will say this version is compatible for IOS 7 just. Just hit download and you are done. That's How I use my iPod 4.

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on December 20, 2015, 07:44:40 PM
If you want to put the document on an iPad, so you can use it on the go, I recommend: http://www.goodreader.com

A really great app, that takes a little getting used to. Take a photo of your document and then convert it to a PDF. Good reader can edit any PDF using typing and it also allows handwriting with your finger, so can tick boxes and even sign a document.

It can store large documents, e.g. manuals and has a great search function and bookmarking facility as well.
Only seeing this now Muppet. Cheers I will try it out.
I had considered buying a Microsoft Surface tablet to use but something like that app may work just as good.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 20, 2015, 11:15:34 PM
If you want to put the document on an iPad, so you can use it on the go, I recommend: http://www.goodreader.com

A really great app, that takes a little getting used to. Take a photo of your document and then convert it to a PDF. Good reader can edit any PDF using typing and it also allows handwriting with your finger, so can tick boxes and even sign a document.

It can store large documents, e.g. manuals and has a great search function and bookmarking facility as well.

Have you by any chance used it for documents containing mathematical/logical symbols?  I've had to convert a lot of documents of this sort to PDF, and find that mathematical symbols are regularly misconverted, and have to be reentered by hand.

Never. I am not sure what range of symbols are available. You can 'handwrite' whatever you like onto the document with your finger but it depends what quality of document you need obviously. I have a keyboard with my iPad so I presume anything the keyboard can output can go into GoodReader and thus onto the document. But I am not certain.
MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: muppet on December 23, 2015, 07:58:08 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on December 20, 2015, 11:15:34 PM

Have you by any chance used it for documents containing mathematical/logical symbols?  I've had to convert a lot of documents of this sort to PDF, and find that mathematical symbols are regularly misconverted, and have to be reentered by hand.

Never. I am not sure what range of symbols are available. You can 'handwrite' whatever you like onto the document with your finger but it depends what quality of document you need obviously. I have a keyboard with my iPad so I presume anything the keyboard can output can go into GoodReader and thus onto the document. But I am not certain.

Thanks. 

bigfrank

Ok i have had this problem for about a year now and have just been ignoring it as best i can,when i open my screen up and turn laptop on the screen is pixelated/blurry at certain angles but if i mess with it slightly,i can get it to go clear but the slighest movement makes it blurry again,its a HP laptop,googled it but can seem to see any real answers other than leave it with a repair man/woman....anyone???

StGallsGAA

I've an HP did the same thing. The wires in the cable coming from the screen to the motherboard were worn so ordered a new one and was easily enough fitted as push fittings

pullhard

Folks:
I've been given an older laptop with a HDMI port. It does have a VGA port. Can I hook this up to my Telly with sound and all?

awideisneverasgood

VGA is audio only so you will need to transmit the sound using a 3.5 mm male to male audio lead.  All the casting devices I have seen use the HDMI port as well.

awideisneverasgood

Orior

What is the simplest free and anonymous image hosting solution?

I used to use imageshack but they want me to upgrade.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

bigfrank

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 13, 2016, 10:59:07 PM
I've an HP did the same thing. The wires in the cable coming from the screen to the motherboard were worn so ordered a new one and was easily enough fitted as push fittings

I couldn't trouble u for a link on Amazon or something for what I need?? Dunno if I would be brave enough to try and fix it tho

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on January 28, 2016, 08:30:19 PM
What is the simplest free and anonymous image hosting solution?

I used to use imageshack but they want me to upgrade.

Photobucket works fine for me.

Hardy

Quote from: bigfrank on January 28, 2016, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 13, 2016, 10:59:07 PM

I couldn't trouble u for a link on Amazon or something for what I need?? Dunno if I would be brave enough to try and fix it tho

Lots of "how to" tutorials on YouTube for that sort of thing. Check it out - if there's one for your job it'll help you decide whether it's something you'd be happy to tackle.