Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Anybody got any ideas?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Denn Forever

How old is the Laptop? 
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Boycey

Try updating your wireless network adapter driver...

nrico2006

Laptop is 8 or 9 years old.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

illdecide

Guys have any of u any experience of BIOS failure on HP Laptops? My girls laptop regularly fails to boot up due to BIOS failure.  I've had two different guys look at it and the only thing they give is a programme on a memory stick to put into the laptop to boot it up from whenever it boot-up fails on it own...They said they've checked that i'm using the correct updates by HP but can't explain this
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

oakleaflad

Quote from: illdecide on January 19, 2017, 04:27:34 PM
Guys have any of u any experience of BIOS failure on HP Laptops? My girls laptop regularly fails to boot up due to BIOS failure.  I've had two different guys look at it and the only thing they give is a programme on a memory stick to put into the laptop to boot it up from whenever it boot-up fails on it own...They said they've checked that i'm using the correct updates by HP but can't explain this
Have you tried this? http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Gaffer

Wish to convert .avi files to another video format eg MP4
Anyone know any  free  online converters ?
Any ones I see are chargeable !! Thanks in advance.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Megaman

Quote from: Gaffer on July 04, 2017, 08:14:24 AM

havent used it in a good long time but try maybe Handbrake

Main Street

Quote from: Megaman on July 04, 2017, 10:37:06 AM
Quote from: Gaffer on July 04, 2017, 08:14:24 AM

havent used it in a good long time but try maybe Handbrake
Handbrake is still open source, is  an outstanding video converter, from one format to another as well as converting from dvd source, managing audio quality and subtitles. 

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Orior

On a website that has disable rightmouse, and highlight/copy, is there a way to get a copy of images or the page text by inspecting the source code in the browser?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Boycey

Quote from: Orior on July 30, 2017, 12:20:38 PM
On a website that has disable rightmouse, and highlight/copy, is there a way to get a copy of images or the page text by inspecting the source code in the browser?

Print screen? Not sure they can disable that..

imtommygunn

Can you view the page source from the view menu? Can you click into the images?

If you can view source and can read html youshould be able to get the image url and go straight to them where you will be able to save etc.

Frank_The_Tank

or try Developer Tools (Press F12 for Chrome) on the webpage - you should be able to go to sources and then from there navigate to the images directory
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

The Iceman

I would use a "snipper" tool for the pictures. Not sure how you would capture the text other than in an image...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight