Stag do

Started by haveaharp, January 08, 2009, 01:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Anyone been on a stag do to Barcelona before? Better still at this time of the year?? Weather seems to be about 15 degrees on average,not that inportant in the scheme of things tbh.any advice or suggestions welcomed...

gallsman

Quote from: bigfrank on December 02, 2015, 06:11:58 PM
Anyone been on a stag do to Barcelona before? Better still at this time of the year?? Weather seems to be about 15 degrees on average,not that inportant in the scheme of things tbh.any advice or suggestions welcomed...

I live there. Fantastic city whatever the weather but fifteen degrees it won't be, unless a clear bright day and you're standing in the sun the whole time. Given the layout of the city, that's unlikely.

bigfrank

Ok that's me and my iPhone weather app told!the nightclubs and bar scene be busy this time of the year? Group of 20 of us heading,few activities booked in and around a few days drinking

snoopdog

Quote from: bigfrank on December 02, 2015, 06:11:58 PM
I was on a stag to barca. And to be honest it wasn't a great city for a stag in my opinion. Now maybe the stag hadn't done his homework on venues. Although we did ruin the Saturday by going to the nou camp for a barca game in itself good but it was a late kick off.. It interrupted the drinking and after the game the notion of drink was gone for most. So maybe the choice of events ruined it. But defo the worst stag I was ever on.

gallsman

Quote from: bigfrank on December 02, 2015, 09:31:16 PM
Ok that's me and my iPhone weather app told!the nightclubs and bar scene be busy this time of the year? Group of 20 of us heading,few activities booked in and around a few days drinking

Nah it's fine. T-Shirt/shirt and jacket keeps you more than warm but those temperatures are only if you stay in the sun as I said. Further south than at home and wrong time of year though, so days obviously very short. Wind can cut you open though so I'd advise jacket and scarf. Rain unlikely though.

Everywhere well be busy as long as you stick to Spanish hours. Les Rambles will always be packed at any time of year. Perfectly acceptable to go for your dinner in a restaurant at 10, go to a bar at 12 and a club at 3. Avoid pretentious clubs down at the beach like Opium and stick to the Barri Gotic and Raval. Barcelona is becoming very, very hipster and alternative but it's a cool city that should cater to pretty much all tastes. If you're staying in the old town (either of the areas mentioned above) just be careful about how much noise you make out in the streets at night. Residents are known to be hostile to tourists and it's not uncommon to hear tales of foreign revellers getting egged or water bombed.

If you want, PM me details about what you plan to do and I'll try to give you done tips.

FWIW, before I moved here I was here on a stag and loved it, although that was in late April.

bigfrank

Anyone been on a stag do in cardiff before or even visited it?? Heading that way later this year and the usual questions follow...best place/area to stay? things to do etc

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bigfrank on January 05, 2016, 09:02:07 PM
Anyone been on a stag do in cardiff before or even visited it?? Heading that way later this year and the usual questions follow...best place/area to stay? things to do etc
You must spend your life on stag do's bigfrank  ;D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bigfrank

You could be on to something there,only have 2 between now and april  :o :o then cardiff to finish it all off at the end of the year...all help appreciated

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on January 05, 2016, 09:04:40 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on January 05, 2016, 09:02:07 PM
You must spend your life on stag do's bigfrank  ;D
Great city for a stag. We just stayed in a hostel right in the city centre..Might have been Mary Street??...its right beside the Millenium stadium. We never went to Cardiff bay but its meant to be a good spot. I remember we went to one really good bar..Live Lounge

mrdeeds

This has probably being asked before but what are the best pubs in Kilkenny? Friday night would be looking for a pub with good pints and nothing too wild. Saturday would be somewhere good to drink during day to watch sport. Paris Texas for dinner at 6 then be looking for good busy spot after.

laoislad

Dinner in Paris Texas? I could think of a dozen places where you would get better food. Its ok but there are some great restaurants in Kilkenny.

If you want a quiet pub to start then you won't find better than Syd Harkins on Rose Inn street. Best pint of Guinness in Kilkenny, no loud music or TV's and plenty of hurling talk.
There's also a pub right opposite the Nore bridge called Tynans Bridge House Bar which is a good decent pub. Harkins is just up around the corner from it.

The Left Bank on the Parade then later on if you want something a bit more lively.
If you like a good pub crawl then go to Parliament St just down opposite the Smithwicks brewery. The street has about 15 pubs side by side. John Cleere's being one of the ones I go to.
For watching Sport on a saturday Paris Texas would be fine but most places would be grand for that on a saturday.

Stay away from places like Matt the Miller's and Langtons. I met my wife in Langtons so its full of bad memories for me.. ;D
Actually stay away from John Street altogether, full of stags and hens from Dublin.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mrdeeds

Cheers for the info laoislad.

Tony Baloney

Milltown Row2

Going to Stag do in Carlingford soon.... Obviously not my choice (Prague would have been my choice bradso ;) ) any good?? I've been with family for Sunday drive but never for a stag..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2016, 09:08:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2016, 08:48:13 PM
Going to Stag do in Carlingford soon.... Obviously not my choice (Prague would have been my choice bradso ;) ) any good?? I've been with family for Sunday drive but never for a stag..
Plenty of pubs and restaurants in very close proximity. Lively wee spot with live bands in pubs etc. Popular for stags & hens. Always enjoyed it.

Good, club stag, so could/will be messy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea