snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Not sure how that ended up 10-7 - at no stage when Ronnie was in this evening did I think he'd win the frame. Who wins tomorrow depends on what side of the bed Ronnie wakes up tomorrow morning. . .

quit yo jibbajabba

Did yis ever watch Man on the Moon / read about Andy Kaufmann?

Times the Ronnie man reminds me on him, especially the past week or so, a slow descent into insanity lol. All while winning a world title eh

ONeill

Wilson looked like a man who wanted the ground to swallow him. Battered there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rich Ricci

Had to feel a bit sorry for Wilson there. Them couple of frames he lost last night with the red going in from the pot off the blue and the missed red in the last allowing Ronnie to get out 10-7 were crucial. Add in the few loose positional shots today and the writing was on the wall.

Ronnie in cruise control today, never had to hit top form.

GiveItToTheShooters

Number 6 for the GOAT in the bag, and he's not done yet...

From the Bunker

01, 04, 08, 12, 13 and now 20.

A title on average every 4 years!

gallsman

ONeill

Really enjoyed this year's championship.

There seemed to be plenty of stories in each round.

Thought the two semi-finals were as good as you'll get for drama.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Watcher

Good championship, pity about the winner, couldn't lick/like him if he was ice cream

From the Bunker

Quote from: An Watcher on August 17, 2020, 11:08:17 PM
Good championship, pity about the winner, couldn't lick/like him if he was ice cream

There seems to be no middle ground with Ronnie. You either hate him or Love him!

He has trampled on a lot of the unwritten protocols of snooker. The anoraks naturally don't like this.

magpie seanie

Ronnie's the best thing that ever happened the game. The greatest player ever. To achieve what he has done with the demons he fights is truly astonishing. I'm delighted he won it. A sickener for Barry Hearn which surely everyone agrees is a good thing.

timmyot501

Ronnie is a dose.  He talks rubbish and says things just to cause a stir and make a few headlines. 

That said I would watch him play every day of the week and would hope he wins so I could see him in action again the next day.  An unreal talent.  The speed in which he can turn a match on its head, the ruthlessness when in front and then he has probably been one of the best safety players ever.  He would have more world titles if he remained interested.  Best achievement was probably taking a break from snooker after winning 2012 and then defending the title in 2013.

From the Bunker

Part of Ronnies Longevity is down to sabbaticals from the game. It's hard to know how many more World titles he'd have won if he went full throttle in the early years. Maybe he'd have won 6 earlier. But chances are he'd be spent now!

Maiden1

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 18, 2020, 11:31:35 AM
Ronnie's the best thing that ever happened the game. The greatest player ever. To achieve what he has done with the demons he fights is truly astonishing. I'm delighted he won it. A sickener for Barry Hearn which surely everyone agrees is a good thing.
Barry Hearn loves it.  Worst case scenario for him is Ronnie says nothing gets knocked out in the first round and the final is Mark Selby vs Stuart Bingham.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

sid waddell

If you don't like Ronnie O'Sullivan, you have no soul