Armagh v Tyrone [Athletic Grounds, Sun 5th June, 1.30]

Started by tiempo, May 23, 2022, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Tyrone sent home with their tails firmly between their legs, lucky the margin wasn't more than 6 points. Regardless what happens for the rest of championship a great and very memorable day for Armagh.

quit yo jibbajabba

RedHand88

Armagh good value for the win. Some of their forwards had a field day out there. Its a long winter from the 5th of June for us but we'll be back in 2023.

tyrone08

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 05, 2022, 03:23:01 PM
Tyrone sent home with their tails firmly between their legs, lucky the margin wasn't more than 6 points. Regardless what happens for the rest of championship a great and very memorable day for Armagh.

Wouldn't say that. No point in going out in a wimper the next day. Beating tyrone shouldn't be the highlight of a season.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2022, 03:21:57 PM
Shows how far above everyone else Dublin have been. Mayo too. Very hard for most teams to put in the effort and energy to put back to back seasons together.
Tyrone never did back to back. Neither did Donegal. It's actually very hard to do.

HokeyPokey

Tyrone just couldn't really get going this year. The break of the ball, referee decisions and the flow of momentum just never seemed to go Tyrone's way this year.

Disappointing to see us not back up last year, but think it was hard to do with the short season. On the previous wins, 04 and 06 had serious mitigation factors and we did make the semi-final in 2009 with a team which wasn't as good as the 2003-05 one.

Hound

Well played Armagh, I'm happy for McGeeney. Hopefully yis avoid Donegal.

Shows how far above everyone else Dublin have been. Mayo too. Very hard for most teams to put in the effort and energy to put back to back seasons together.
Took the Dubs 3 attempts to do back to back after failing in 2012 and 2014.

Limerick also failed in the hurling the first time, despite being well the best team (IMO)

cadhlancian

Now thats it over, serious questions need asked of whats happening in the Tyrone camp. I really hope Dooher and Logan dont get to stay as long as they want on the back of last year , they look bereft of ideas ,and regardless of what anyone says ,something isnt right . That Michael ONeill gets more game time than darragh Canavan is absolutely insane regardless of what his " job" is ,he brings f**k all to the team at 11 , other than the occasional block - Armaghs 11 was MOTM. Would love to see wee Peter involved but id doubt thats happening anytime soon...

Derryman forever

I got the feeling that the Tyrone management,  were at odds with themselves. Taking nothing away from Armagh but I do think Tyrone are better than we seen in the last two games.

bennydorano

Nice surprise there, a weakened Armagh team thumping the munchkins for the 3rd time in 5 months. Tyrone were awful again, 3 months ago I was saying on here something wasn't looking right in that Tyrone camp and it hasn't looked right all year bar a league game in Kerry and the 2nd half v Fermanagh in the championship. Maybe the novelty of the dual managers / 2 voices has worn off, but no doubt they'll be back fresher next year. A lot of positives for Armagh.

general_lee

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 05, 2022, 03:25:26 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 05, 2022, 03:23:01 PM

Wouldn't say that. No point in going out in a wimper the next day. Beating tyrone shouldn't be the highlight of a season.
To be fair Tyrone are a shadow of what they were last year. They played some great stuff enroute to their AI victory but I wouldn't be getting carried away with todays victory. Armagh need to back it up next day out.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 05, 2022, 03:04:00 PM
Quote from: restorepride on June 05, 2022, 03:02:53 PM
A dirty enough late slap there - was it McKiernan?Took the opportunity.

Don't think it was like that, need to see a replay. Thought 2 players collided going for a 50/50 ball

Happened straight in front of me. Pure accidental clash, lad lost his footing. Not right yet to comment other than to say what a win. Completely unexpected but what a win!

balladmaker

Superb Armagh performance, much greater hunger, Soupy gave his best performance yet.  Full value for the 6pts win ... just hope it's not another trip to Ballybofey next weekend.

J70

Quote from: Hound on June 05, 2022, 03:40:28 PM
Well played Armagh, I'm happy for McGeeney. Hopefully yis avoid Donegal.

Took the Dubs 3 attempts to do back to back after failing in 2012 and 2014.

Limerick also failed in the hurling the first time, despite being well the best team (IMO)

Yeah, but the Dubs weren't head and shoulders above every other county (bar Mayo) in that 11-14 period.

15-20 they were, when they could cruise to AI titles except for the days when only Mayo could consistently put up a fight.

Its a lot harder for one of the pack teams to reach those levels in successive seasons. They can pull form and fitness together on a given year, but relatively superior skill and ability aren't there for those teams like they always were for Dublin.

restorepride

Quote from: balladmaker on June 05, 2022, 03:55:19 PM
Superb Armagh performance, much greater hunger, Soupy gave his best performance yet.  Full value for the 6pts win ... just hope it's not another trip to Ballybofey next weekend.
Will they not be kept apart - since that is achieveable.