Dublin Rugby 6 Nations Pints Venue

Started by Keyboard Warrior, February 26, 2015, 01:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyboard Warrior

Topic does what it says on the tin.
GAA-man come new Rugger fan; Going to Dublin Sunday to sample the atmosphere for the England match. Any suggestions where might be good venues for scoops before/during/after the game?
Immediately thought of the Berkeley (/Clyde) Court... but it'll be jammed.

Thanks!

Canalman

O'Brien's Leeson Street would imo be the best of a bad lot. Slattery's in Ringsend also but will probably be jammers.

Not the best of areas for pubs in Dublin especially Ballsbridge itself.

Mayo4Sam

Searsons, Waterloo, Smyths, The 51, Wellington, all good pubs to watch the rugby and will all have a good atmo before and after game
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Canalman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on February 26, 2015, 02:30:29 PM
Searsons, Waterloo, Smyths, The 51, Wellington, all good pubs to watch the rugby and will all have a good atmo before and after game

Bar the 51 I would have to disagree with you about the others. If you are down that area would wander down to Toners or O'Donoghues. Both great daytime drinking pubs.

gallsman

O'Donoughues or Slattery's. All very much "rugby atmosphere" type pubs though. If not used to it, mind find it a bit tiresome.

5 Sams

Quote from: Canalman on February 26, 2015, 02:51:45 PM

Bar the 51 I would have to disagree with you about the others. If you are down that area would wander down to Toners or O'Donoghues. Both great daytime drinking pubs.

Have to agree with this....you have Doheny and Nesbitss across the street as well. Not that far of a walk to Lansdowne from there.
The Aristocrat Years

gallsman

The Ranelagh bars are great too - Smyth's and MacSorley's.

theticklemister

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on February 26, 2015, 01:29:46 PM
GAA-man come new Rugger fan; Going to Dublin Sunday to sample the atmosphere for the England match. Any suggestions where might be good venues for scoops before/during/after the game?

Thanks!

Sell out

Canalman

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 26, 2015, 05:05:13 PM

Have to agree with this....you have Doheny and Nesbitss across the street as well. Not that far of a walk to Lansdowne from there.

Not too keen on Doheny and Nesbitts. Bar up front too busy and place out back too dark and cavelike.

AZOffaly

Back a bit towards the RDS, I think Paddy Cullens and Mary Macs is a good spot for a few pints. the Ballsbridge hotel is ideal location wise.

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 27, 2015, 10:20:13 AM
Back a bit towards the RDS, I think Paddy Cullens and Mary Macs is a good spot for a few pints. the Ballsbridge hotel is ideal location wise.
Barely be able to breathe in either of those come Sunday though!

Rois

Lansdowne Hotel on Pembroke Rd - owned by Tyrone GAA supporters so you won't have to feel too bad about betraying your core sport. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Canalman on February 27, 2015, 10:15:56 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on February 26, 2015, 05:05:13 PM

Not too keen on Doheny and Nesbitts. Bar up front too busy and place out back too dark and cavelike.
The main selling point for 5 Sams  :D

BennyCake

Quote from: theticklemister on February 26, 2015, 11:05:23 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on February 26, 2015, 01:29:46 PM

Thanks!

Sell out

Exactly what I was thinking.

There's no turning back. You're one of them now.

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie