Attending Cheeky Dubs and Meath game this Sunday

Started by T Fearon, June 01, 2007, 03:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

All the swing voters will cheer for Dublin. Nobody likes us. :'(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bud Wiser

Tony Fearon, how are you, are you in the Premium or the Corporate box?  I'll be in there on Sunday. I have changed my seats, or put a better way,they have been changed for me so I'm on the Cusack side now.   If your in the premium give me a shout.

Hardy

Quote from: Hardy on June 01, 2007, 04:43:00 PM
I have a few spare tickets in the upper Hogan. Email me at hardyarse at hotmail dot com if interested.

I was inundated with indifference about my spare tickets but anyway I thought it only right to let you all know they're gone now.

Jinxy

T Fearon

Bud, greetings to you and I hope your health is well. Not in the Premium on Sunday, Upper Hogan, not sure where as I'm picking the tickets on Sunday morning in Ath Cliath. Will keep an eye out for you. It is two years almost since we shared a glass. Far too long!

thejuice

Again cant make it, too busy, doubt ill even make it to the pub to watch it. Are any of the Dublin radion stations covering the whole game live, ie Newstalk, 98FM, FM104, RTE 1 , or any other of the City stations over the internet.

**************. please let me know really want to catch this game in some shape or form. **************
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Yeah it would have to be on the radio somewhere. Are RTE showing it on the web even? Juice, you'll get shag all work done if u have it on in the background. I've missed going to the odd game because of exams in my time and listening to it on the radio drives me demented. I would have been better off if I went to the games for all the work I got done! Obviously I know you can't go, but listening to a game on the radio is not good for the nerves.

Bud Wiser

QuoteI was inundated with indifference about my spare tickets but anyway I thought it only right to let you all know they're gone now.

Hardy, I can't reply to PM's from the mail box.  I have to go through a re-signing in process similar to filling out about ten Census forms for a small town. Thanks for your offer of tickets if I was stuck.  I'll probably see you tomorrow if your in the Boru.  Don't say anything about horses cause the lad who owns one running on Monday in Naas is with me.

Should be great craic tomorrow.  I wonder will Tony call into the Brian Boru for one before the game?  It's a grand ould place.

Hardy

That was just a joke Bud - not aimed at you. I'll be there tomorrow. If Fearon shows up it could turn into more of a scatterin than a gadderin. Only joking. I'll issue a challenge to him now - if he shows up in a Meath jersey I'll buy all his pints. I could be on a loser because I know how much he likes a freebie, but I'm betting he won't find one to fit him.  ;D

thejuice

Yeah i might just go watch it in the pub (no alcoholic drinks while im there) , and then get back and work my arse off. will be doing an all nighter tonight and tommorow night.  :(. But If that doesnt work i might just ned to know a radio  station thats playing the whole game. not intervals like RTE usually do.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Seriously, anyone know a radio station, playing the full 70 minutes online. Wont have time for the pub,  :-[ really busy, have to get shit loads done for the morning. I've cheked 98Fm, Anna Livia, and a few others. if someone could let me know id greatly apprechiated. LMFM wont stream on my PC before anyone suggests it.

ziggysego

I see on the RTE website (http://www.rte.ie/live/) the kick-off is at 2.00pm

That's it!! Sums up RTE's attitude to the GAA!!!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Bud there's a pint on the counter of the Brian Boru since yesterday but it's probably stale by now. Fearon never showed up either to claim his pints. At least I didn't see anyone in a Meath jersey matching the 'wanted' posters.

T Fearon

Sorry boys, haven't been on line since Saturday so missed this invitation. My tickets came from a true blue dub, so therefore I wasn't going to don a Meath jersey for any number of pints!

As for the game, exciting finish, great atmosphere (only Dubs fans can produce this atmosphere I must admit), and both sides have some excellent players, but neither has enough of these to be in serious contention for trophies methinks.

Disappointed with the Meath support, it wasn't there in any great numbers as far as I could see, and what were those 5 or 6 eejits in Meath jersies at on the Hill at, nearly causing a riot at half time?. Dublin goal was a square ball and Geraghty (still an excellent player) should have had a penalty in the second half, apart from this Jimmy Mc Kee, the referee, did Armagh proud

I am beginning to think I'm a lucky mascot for Colm Coyle. I was in the Hogan in 96 when he scored the equaliser against Mayo and was at Clones when he led Monaghan to the miraculous win over Armagh in 03.

On the subject of Coyle, am I the only one that thinks Moyles, the current Meath captain, is a dead ringer for him, even the way he runs?

Hardy

Quote from: T Fearon on June 04, 2007, 12:33:11 PM
I am beginning to think I'm a lucky mascot for Colm Coyle. I was in the Hogan in 96 when he scored the equaliser against Mayo and was at Clones when he led Monaghan to the miraculous win over Armagh in 03.

Make sure you're there on Sunday week, then. If not, send us a cardboard cutout and I'll buy a ticket for it (or two  ;D)

Quoteam I the only one that thinks Moyles, the current Meath captain, is a dead ringer for him, even the way he runs?

I think you are. He's a bit like him in the way he hits, though!