Another Bradley twist

Started by fer fox ache, May 31, 2007, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fer fox ache

I think Convery might have hanged himself out to dry here

From  the Beeb website

Derry star Paddy Bradley appears likely to have his 12-week ban re-imposed.
County referees administrator Mickey Convery told BBC Sport that Bradley has the option of playing in or sitting out Sunday's Ulster SFC tie against Antrim.

However, Convery said that Bradley's ban will be re-imposed by the Derry Disciplinary Hearings Committee if he plays against Antrim.

Convery also hinted that referees could refuse to officiate at Derry SFC games next week because of the affair.

Derry referees have called a meeting with county board representatives on Monday night to discuss the fallout from the affair.

They want assurances from the county board officers that the referees' authority hasn't been undermined.

If they are not satisfied with what they hear, they will consider not making themselves available for Derry's Senior Club Championship matches next weekend.

BBC Sport understands that the GAA's Disputes Resolution Authority put the ban on-hold because of ties between the referee in the Glenullin v Loup game in which Bradley was sent off, and a member of the Derry committee which handed out the ban.

Referee Barry Cassidy occasionally uses Kevin Toner as an umpire in his games and Toner is part of the Derry Disciplinary Hearings Committee.

However, Toner was not on umpiring duty at the Glenullin v Loup game in question.

The DRA ruled on Tuesday that the suspension procedure had not been done fairly.

They have referred the case back to the Derry Hearing Committee but Bradley is free to play until the case if re-heard.

Derry officials had imposed the ban after finding Bradley guilty of interference with a referee after a club fixture.

Bradley would normally be regarded as an automatic choice but the Glenullin club man has not trained with the Oak Leaf senior squad since the suspension was originally imposed.

However, Bradley said he had been working hard with his club and said this week that he was keen to make the bench for Antrim game.

If Bradley lined out against Antrim and then had the ban re-imposed next week, he would miss an Ulster semi-final - if Derry are involved at 24 June - but the suspension would be cleared in time for the provincial decider on 15 July.

Springfield

since when was m convery the co. chairman or who gave him the power to make threats like this.
p bradley will im sure play against antrim and the co board surely wouldnt have the balls, or be stupid enough to suspend him again.
that would be a media disaster for them

ExiledGael

This is going to get messy!

Derry Daisy

I say play him on sunday then suspend him again on monday so he will not be available for Glenullin next weekend when they take slaughtneil on in the second round of the c'ship, its a win win situation  ;D

hoganstandman

one question one word answer.  Does Derry want to ever win the ALL Ireland again or not?  The suspension process has been overruled by a higher authority.  Are referees to hold our county to ransom?

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Springfield on May 31, 2007, 04:59:20 PM
since when was m convery the co. chairman or who gave him the power to make threats like this.
p bradley will im sure play against antrim and the co board surely wouldnt have the balls, or be stupid enough to suspend him again.

Why would it be a media disaster for them to suspend a player for manhandling a ref?????

If the refs see that they are going to be ignored, manhandled and treated with total disrespect why should they turn up for matches???

tbrick18

This gets worse by the day.
I can see Bradley playing on Sunday and maybe even getting to play in the next game (provided we win).
Then gets his supension re-issued and misses an ulster final.

Derry County Board are a joke.
This boy convery must think he has some amount of power too!

sam03/05

I think the Derry co board are taking the right stand for once and if the refs refused to do next weekends games that would be a good thing. Its time this appeal nonsence came to an end if your suspended thats it no appeals or anything.

ONeill

You're right. You wouldn't find any of that craic amongst the bushes.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maximus Marillius

FFS, what is M. Convery at, he is chairman of the committee that appoints and monitor refs in the county. This is not how business should be done, it should all be kept in house. unreal

ziggysego

Derry....... don't you love them  :D
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on May 31, 2007, 05:14:01 PM
Quote from: Springfield on May 31, 2007, 04:59:20 PM

Why would it be a media disaster for them to suspend a player for manhandling a ref?????

If the refs see that they are going to be ignored, manhandled and treated with total disrespect why should they turn up for matches???
Tbh Dubsforsam, from what i hear there was little or no physical contact, i've told this is a severe case of 'traffic-warden syndrome'.

new devil

Bacon

Quote from: hoganstandman on May 31, 2007, 05:13:32 PM
one question one word answer.  Does Derry want to ever win the ALL Ireland again or not?  The suspension process has been overruled by a higher authority.  Are referees to hold our county to ransom?
Read the ruling you muppet! It hasn't been over turned it has been referred back. I think something similar happened in Tyrone last year where refs didn't turn up for games invoving Dromore for a few weeks. It will f*** up the championship big time if the 2 teams line out and no ref appears.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Blacksheep

This will all be sorted out behind closed doors. The Derry refs are supporters of the County as well you know. As long as they get assurances about safety they will be contrent.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!