Paddy Bradley gets off suspension!!! big shock

Started by gander, May 30, 2007, 11:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

LOL Will Hunting LMFAO

Now that I have that over me...LOL

Are you a clown?

Will Hunting

Judging by the rather coherent responses of Muzz and Neutral - you believe that the purpose of Heaney's article yesterday was to get Ryan Mellon banned for life?! Otherwise, what is so clown-like about my response?

Over the Bar

Quoteit's just that (like the diving thing) they are the best example to use!

ur bitterness is truly palpable. lol

Will Hunting

Just pointing out that Heaney wrote an article a number of weeks ago about the current diving malaise in our game - where he used Tyrone players as a primary example. How does this make me bitter??

amigo

Even as a fellow tyrone man i do have to admit that Tyrone and Mickey Harte definitely abuse the appeals system that is in place nearly every time a player is suspended. Harte also uses the media to his advantage when talking to Mr Heaney and the likes when he is pleading innocence for his players.

neutral

I just think Paddy runs out of things to say these days, but hes paid for words so he has to say something, but to even concur with his ridiculous sentiments - well it could even make a smart person look like a fool as they say.  

DUBSFORSAM1

Well another example of the spirit and rules of the game being run roughshod over so that a county player gets off for something no normal club player would get away with....

Something has to be done with the rulebook to stop this getting off on slight technicalities...Its this attitude which shows how honest and sporting counties/players who just accept a ban are like Brian Farrell in Meath...

orangeman

Fair play to Bradley - no other county in Ireland would have banned him - there's abviously a lot more going on than we know about ! Club, county and family politics are at play here - and fair play to Fergal Logan, a Tyrone man getting a Derry man off the hook. Well done all round -

neutral

Could there be a withdrawl of services from referees refereeing the Derry games.  That would be hateful. 

Will Hunting

Quote from: neutral on May 30, 2007, 02:46:41 PM
I just think Paddy runs out of things to say these days, but hes paid for words so he has to say something, but to even concur with his ridiculous sentiments - well it could even make a smart person look like a fool as they say. 

I agree with what he is saying. Does it make me a fool if I concur with someone who infers that Tyrone are a good example of a team/organisation that does its best to get thier best players on the field despite suspensions being handed out?? I could go back to 2005 here to get you a few examples, or even April to look at how Mulligan somehow got off without the proper suspension after receiving 2 red cards in the NFL. Hardly ridiculous sentiments, but I suppose it depends how blind you are whilst wearing those white and red tinted spectacles!

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Stranworst on May 30, 2007, 12:34:58 PM
If I was from Antrim I would be ripping. Or Down in te next round!!

Aren't you forgetting something Stranworst?

Muzz

To stop all the bickering lets think of it like this....

If the GAA set out rules that players/officals are suppose to follow and if they dont they get banned.

There is also guidlines how to follow the disciplinary process...like there is in any well established business with regards to disciplinaries.

IF COUNTY BOARD OR COUNCIL DOES NOT FOLLOW THE PROCESS AS PER THE RULES WHY SHOULD A PLAYER SERVE THE BAN?

Also...Mulligan got his red card withdrawn because a panel of GAA officals decided there was no intent on his part by sliding at the player.  Anyone that was there realises the Mulligan slid in after the Mayo man was way past.  How the GAA can say there was no intent when he slid in...I dont know.  But the panel agreed on that.  

In my eyes I don't see what the players are doing wrong by appealing...they may aswell.  GAA officals are not following the correct process and lets not forget...players are not getting away with their tackles etc. they are getting cleared because the process was not being followed.

Lets fix the process so people follow the book when it comes to disciplinaries then there will be no appeals?

Agree???

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

full back

If you agree to be a member of an organisation i.e the GAA, you should abide by the decision that they make, right or wrong. If you dont like the way they govern the organisation then you shouldnt be a part of it.