The biggest overachievers - players - Hurling & Football

Started by Stranworst, May 29, 2007, 07:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gander

Quote from: The Real SlimShady on May 30, 2007, 08:57:34 AM
Almost every Armagh player from the AI ainning side not from Crossmaglen.

You mean players like:
Ronan Clarke: Young player of the year and an All Star
McGeeney:  Player of the year and 3 all stars
Marsden: All star
Enda McNulty: All Star
Paul McGrane:  All Star
McDonnell:  All Stars and Player of the year
Aidan O'Rourke:  All Star

That leaves Toal, McKeever, Tierney for the first 15, hardly a bad bunch of players over all!

The Real SlimShady

Aidan O'Rourke?!?!?! Oh please.
McGeeney, a very limited footballer though a real athlete.
i could argue about McNulty also but the others i shall give you.

INDIANA

o cinneide? are you having  a laugh? prodigious underage talent- if anything he underachieved.

stpauls

Quote from: The Real SlimShady on May 30, 2007, 09:23:04 AM
Aidan O'Rourke?!?!?! Oh please.
McGeeney, a very limited footballer though a real athlete.
i could argue about McNulty also but the others i shall give you.

Are you for real Slim, i know you like to go fishing but this is taking the piss. Even I have to take the bait!

McGeeney: Armagh's most solid player for the last 15 or more years.
McNulty: one of the best man-markers in the country, many's a time putting Peter Canavan and Devenney in his pocket.
O'Rourke: if Geezer had not have been there before him, Aidan O'Rourke would have been Armagh's CHB for the last few years.

It's just a pity there are no Antrim players that have won enough silverware to be classed as over-achiever's!!

The Real SlimShady

O'Rourkes a dirty hallion, tis all.

as stated before, average enough players will find it handy playing with class acts all around them.

thebandit

Maximus Marillius

Slim has just confirmed what we all knew, that he has not a clue about football. Anyone who even suggests Mc Geeney is a limited footballer is either stupid on the skills required to make a county CHB or on the wind up.

Mc Geeney, outstanding tackler, requires a high level of skill to do this without fouling, an outstanding reader of the game, an outstanding passer of the ball over 40/50 yards, this skill is one of the skills that is in big decline in the modern game and is able to kick points when the occassion arises.

full back

:D
Slim, tell me you are trying to get a rise, otherwise you know less about football than I thought

The Real SlimShady

didnt it work? though i thought i'd have reeled more in. the more learned Armagh poster can read me like a book unfortunately!

Uladh

Does that include colm o'neill?

INDIANA

justin mc nulty- bar none
the most limited player i ever saw who won an all-ireland.

Louper

Gavin Devlin won 2 AI medals without kickin a ball...fist fist fist! he did the sorta job that half the country could have done, held the middle and picked up any slack balls. however he has 2 AI medals so who am i to judge?!  :D

stpauls

Quote from: The Real SlimShady on May 30, 2007, 10:41:29 AM
didnt it work? though i thought i'd have reeled more in. the more learned Armagh poster can read me like a book unfortunately!

damn it, i thought i was getting better at knowing who was on the rise and who was serious!!!
i will get my coat....