Ulster IFC and JFC Club Championships 2015

Started by DownFanatic, September 11, 2015, 10:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Glasdrumman won Down JFC handy enough today. Connaire Harrison 2-06. Class act. Down have a woeful record in the Ulster JFC so don't know how they will fare.

Pub Bore

Antrim IFC Final

Dunloy v. Glenavy

Antrim JFC Final

Glenravel v. Davitts

Both games on Sat 17 Oct

general_lee

Quote from: DownFanatic on October 05, 2015, 04:10:40 PM
Loughinisland hammered a Martin Clarke led An Riocht in yesterday's Down IFC final. 12 points in it at the end.
Greenlough will be a massive test but Id guess that both are probably operating at a similar level.
These two sides play this weekend... Greenlough are 9/4 am I missing something?

Pub Bore

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 13, 2015, 12:26:49 PM
Antrim IFC Final

Dunloy v. Glenavy

Antrim JFC Final

Glenravel v. Davitts

Both games on Sat 17 Oct

Intermediate Final

Dunloy 0-05 Glenavy 0-15

Junior Final

Glenravel 0-06 Davitts 1-07

DownFanatic

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 17, 2015, 09:54:48 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on October 13, 2015, 12:26:49 PM
Antrim IFC Final

Dunloy v. Glenavy

Antrim JFC Final

Glenravel v. Davitts

Both games on Sat 17 Oct

Intermediate Final

Dunloy 0-05 Glenavy 0-15

Junior Final

Glenravel 0-06 Davitts 1-07

What sort of outfit are Davitts?

SaffronHeart

Theyd be handy enough with a full side they were missing 3 or 4 players today due to Irish League commitments (Sean O'Neill Crusaders keeper class act) and still won. They won Junior 2 years ago but have since lost their captain who ironically will be playing for Tullysaran in the ulster junior also. Ive heard good reports about Glassdrumman though so I would have to fancy Glassdrumman to win as they could go deep into the all ireland? They were a great team on the old celebrity banisteor quite a few years back.

ardtole

10 point win for loughinisland today, Down look to have strong representatives in all three grades this year despite our poor record in these competitions in general.

Farrandeelin

Coa won at the weekend against the Armagh champions in the JFC I believe.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

brokencrossbar1

I would have Rockcorry as pretty strong favourites to win the Ulster outright.  They were playing senior 2 seasons ago but dropped down to junior due to lads being away and a few injuries.  They have a lot of them back now and are pushing hard.  Loughanisland will give the Intermediate a fair rattle and it will take a very good team to beat them.  Clann Eireann are decent,  Doohamlet from Monaghan are very strong.  Can't say I know much about the rest but I'd say it will be between the Down men and Doohamlet.

oakleaflad

Just want to give a mention to Faughanvale who won their game in the Junior championship at the weekend. This is a Derry clubs first win in the Ulster Junior since 2008.

DownFanatic

Rockcorry/Templeport JFC final?
Loughinisland are looking good for the IFC. Have got by two tricky games already. What sort of outfit are Doohamlet?

general_lee

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 03, 2015, 01:09:56 PM
Loughinisland are looking good for the IFC. Have got by two tricky games already. What sort of outfit are Doohamlet?
fairly strong I would say, they beat us in 2010 and reached the final that year. Monaghan teams have reached 3 of the last 5 finals at this grade.

Sleater

Quote from: general_lee on November 03, 2015, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 03, 2015, 01:09:56 PM
fairly strong I would say, they beat us in 2010 and reached the final that year. Monaghan teams have reached 3 of the last 5 finals at this grade.

Yeah, I'd agree with that about Doohamlet. A dogged team at this level. They've been narrowly beaten by the eventual all Ireland champions at this level in 2010 (lisnaskea) and 2012 (cookstown). They have added some outstanding young players since 2012 especially Barry McGinn. Saying that Colin Walshe really stands out at this level. They won't fear Loughinisland.

Rockcorry took the foot of the gas against Coa, but I think with the right focus they'll have the firepower to win the JFC. Their full forward line of McGeough. McGuirk and Smyth have all played at minor or u-21 for Monaghan.

SaffronHeart

Odds are out for JFC AND IFC

1400 Templeport v Faughanvale    8/13 13/2 13/8
14:00  Glasdrumman v Rockcorry    10/11 13/2 11/10

IFC
Glenavy V  Bundoran 13/8 13/2 8/13
Doohamlet 13/8   Draw 13/2   Loughinisland 8/13

An Watcher

Glenavy worth a punt v bundoran? This in omagh?