Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 25, 2018, 03:47:51 PM
I'd be very doubtful. Thomas Galligan gone from panel.

Any idea why? Was his absence later in the league due to injury? He was nothing but impressive when he did come on...

mrdeeds

Galligan dropped over playing a club u21 game. Cavan playing Longford today. A squad of 25 players only including three goalkeepers. https://twitter.com/moefitzpatrick/status/990589875241017344?s=19

Westside

St. Pat's are fairly flying these days. By my reckoning they are Dalton, Corn na nOg and Rannafast Champions this year? Can only be good for our underage teams at county level.

Itchy

An awful low key build up to the match next weekend. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing. I assume there is no chance McVitty will play and I am also assuming the team that played Longford was something of a ringer?

Anyone getting any vibes from the camp?

I am hoping its a bit like all the doom and gloom at the start of the league  that we all got sucked into and that it will all come good on the day.

On the more positive side its great to see our underage teams doing well. Pats winning all around them and then that great win for the U17s against Derry, a team that always produces top minor teams. Fermanagh next and youd imagine we should have enough to beat them.

And finally good luck to the ladies tomorrow on their quest for Div 1 - they surely deserve a bit of luck to get up given the mis fortune they've had in previous years.

scoopmine

Mcvitty and Marty were training by themselves doing sprints during the week. It does seem quiet but I think that is because its the preliminary round. If we were to come through next week we are on the right side of the draw.

Westside

Quote from: scoopmine on May 05, 2018, 01:39:54 PM
Mcvitty and Marty were training by themselves doing sprints during the week. It does seem quiet but I think that is because its the preliminary round. If we were to come through next week we are on the right side of the draw.

Martin Reilly? Is he injured??

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on May 06, 2018, 04:52:45 PM
Quote from: scoopmine on May 05, 2018, 01:39:54 PM

Martin Reilly? Is he injured??

Yes, pulled hamstring.

Jbm

T. Galligan dropped after playing with Lacken Seniors not U21s. Mullagh pitch not playable on the Sunday (county players allowed play these rounds) match moved to Thurs night. County had a running session and Galligan missed the session. Absolute madness! We have a lot of players injured-carrying knocks-and we send a lad home for playing with his club.

Itchy

Quote from: Jbm on May 10, 2018, 10:57:47 PM
T. Galligan dropped after playing with Lacken Seniors not U21s. Mullagh pitch not playable on the Sunday (county players allowed play these rounds) match moved to Thurs night. County had a running session and Galligan missed the session. Absolute madness! We have a lot of players injured-carrying knocks-and we send a lad home for playing with his club.

Joke if that's true

cavanmaniac

Jesus Christ.

Westside

Absolute madness. Another player in the long list that McGleenan seems to have driven away.

If we don't put up a very good showing and run Donegal close Sunday at the very least, his position should be reviewed. Turnover etc is far too high and he needs results and performances to justify his decisions.

mrdeeds

Galligan
McLoughlin
Faulkner
Murray
Martin Reilly
Holla
Moynagh
McGee
Killian
Mackey
Oisin Kiernan
Flanagan
Caoimhin Reilly
Gearoid
Bradley

Westside

As good as can be expected with Dara out, although we'll see with 10 minutes to go just how badly he's injured...

mrdeeds

Martin Reilly is out I heard too. Probably be a few positional changes. Mcgee and Gearoid maybe.

Westside

Is Magee there due to a lack of other options?

Don't know who McGleenan thinks he's fooling. Hasn't named the full panel in the media and says in interviews that Dara definitely won't be involved. Does he really think he's going to surprise Donegal by bringing on McVeety? Again, it's amateur stuff from him.