2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Don Draper on July 05, 2019, 11:25:35 PM
Quote from: MasterJ on July 05, 2019, 06:18:59 PM
They need to believe. That's what happened again Galway in the Leinster semi-final in 2014. They could've won it but they did not believe in themselves. Another award if they win, they will play Tipp in Croker on The Sunday Game and get some real notice from the hurling world!
Are you scitzo?
Haha! Yeah, that was quite a turnaround from "Dublin will win handy."
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

Didn't hear all of Donal O'Grady on todayfm but he was being positive about Laois and referred to the2 point loss in the league game and Cha being sent of early in second half. It was a great performance in fairness, a real battle that day and we did miss Cha when he got sent off. That was probably the making of this team.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

MasterJ

Same team as Sunday except that Hartnett has been replaced by Joe Phelan!

merman

Wouldn't be surprised to see another change or two.
Eanna Lyons couldn't have done much more to earn a recall.

redsetanta

Lyons in for Picky? Or King? Hard to leave any of the others off. Although Willie didn't score he does a serious amount of work.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Mossy Bruce

"Leinster boss refuses to rule out hurling expansion"
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/leinster-boss-refuses-to-rule-out-hurling-expansion-38284215.html

"[Leinster CEO] Reynolds believes next year's revamped hurling League will provide a good indication of whether there's a case for more counties competing in the Leinster SHC."  ???

Well, the NHL Division 1 Group A, has one smaller hurling county (Westmeath) in it. Group B, has two smaller hurling counties (Laois and Carlow). It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which group will retain at least one smaller county and which group resembles the current Leinster setup where a lone smaller county is sure to drop down. Do the talking heads at Leinster need a whole NHL season to figure this out, Mr Reynolds?

"'We'll have to wait and see what the changed League groups show up next year,' he [Reynolds] said.  :o
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

The current championship set-up is for a three year 'trial' period, so I don't imagine there'll be any changes before that period is up.

MasterJ

Who do you think will win the Joe McDonagh Cup n 2020. I think Carlow again!

redsetanta

Really looking forward to this game. Cha due a big game so hopefully it's today. We' Get our few minutes on Sunday Game tonight and it would be great to give them something positive to discuss about Laois without being patronising.

Joeythelips

Quote from: redsetanta on July 07, 2019, 11:10:58 AM
Really looking forward to this game. Cha due a big game so hopefully it's today. We' Get our few minutes on Sunday Game tonight and it would be great to give them something positive to discuss about Laois without being patronising.

Why is the Laois v Dublin game not on TV? Do they literally not give a shite about this match? Its great living over the pond, I think I have seen about 2 mins of Laois this summer on the highlights programme Sky use (they just use Sunday Game edited coverage), the Lais games were treated as News bulletins. They did not even bother with the JMD final on the highlights. Only for TG4 I would have seen none of it.

redsetanta

The fact the cameras are in the ground all set up. Heard it's because of women's World Cup

imtommygunn

steven seagal

GAA Go are showing Clare v Meath, which is at the same venue directly before it, but are not showing Dublin v Laois. They couldn't be arsed leaving the cameras running, the pr*cks

Mossy Bruce

Sh!te. Midlands Radio is splitting coverage with some Westmeath match.  >:(
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Joeythelips

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on July 07, 2019, 04:05:14 PM
Sh!te. Midlands Radio is splitting coverage with some Westmeath match.  >:(

Westmeath game is all but over so Laois should have most of the coverage. Best of luck to Laois hurlers today. I hope the teams really do themselves justice today and give Dublin a serious rattle.