Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Under Lights on September 17, 2018, 02:41:57 PM
Paul Devlin's, Moortown, cub now playing for Ardboe as well.

Must have been a massive fall out for this too happen??
Can't understand how players can go to rival clubs, do they not receive a tough time then from the club they left, even lose friendships or is their a big rivilry with Mooretown and Arboe considering Mooretown havent been a force since the early 90's?
Mick Hagan done the same recently but back with Mooretown now!!
I hear Conal Devlin a nephew of Fay's, the cub is a wee tank!! Won a lot of dirty ball yesterday and pulled outa nothing!!

LeoMc

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 17, 2018, 02:46:43 PM

Can't understand how players can go to rival clubs, do they not receive a tough time then from the club they left, even lose friendships or is their a big rivilry with Mooretown and Arboe considering Mooretown havent been a force since the early 90's?
I hear Conal Devlin a nephew of Fay's, the cub is a wee tank!! Won a lot of dirty ball yesterday and pulled outa nothing!!

Was there not a pretty big split in Moortown with very few of Pauls minor teams still playing?

What sort of shape is the Old Windmill pitch in?

Christmas Lights

Why are you spelling it Mooretown?

Anyway, Moortown are no threat to Ardboe hence there are no ill feelings.

Jeremiah O

Paul Devlin's cub took a fierce amount of abuse a few months ago when he lined out for Ardboe minors against Moortown.
.Same would have happened had an Ardboe cub moved to Moortown
Still a huge rivalry at youth level between both clubs as they are meeting regularly.
In terms of seniors,it's over 20 years since Moortown beat Ardboe.
Unconquered and unconquerable

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 17, 2018, 03:03:15 PM

Sorry, dam predictive text!!!

trailer

Quote from: Jeremiah O on September 17, 2018, 03:25:05 PM
Paul Devlin's cub took a fierce amount of abuse a few months ago when he lined out for Ardboe minors against Moortown.
.Same would have happened had an Ardboe cub moved to Moortown
Still a huge rivalry at youth level between both clubs as they are meeting regularly.
In terms of seniors,it's over 20 years since Moortown beat Ardboe.

Why did Devlin fall out with Moortown?

Jeremiah O

Had a big row with the chairman at that time.I don't know the in's and out's but had to be a bad one!
Unconquered and unconquerable

Therealdonald

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on September 17, 2018, 03:25:37 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on September 17, 2018, 03:03:15 PM

Sorry, dam predictive text!!!

Don't think young Devlin is a relation of Fay's. Think there are cousins of Fay's on the team but no nephews.

GlenMan

As a neutral at the games yesterday, I was struck at how old the Moortown team was. For having won several Minor titles a few years ago, they have almost no young players in the team.

Real Talk

Quote from: LeoMc on September 17, 2018, 02:55:17 PM

Was there not a pretty big split in Moortown with very few of Pauls minor teams still playing?

What sort of shape is the Old Windmill pitch in?

Its in deadly shape that long hot summer killed the 'rushes'

Tyrone Gaa

https://twitter.com/lstwrd/status/1041754686511034368?s=21

Peter Canavan has his say on the Cavanagh incident! He describes Kieran Eanetta as one of the best referees in the county. I think he should be handing back his whistle after his last performance shows he can't handle the pace!

Tyrone county board have also released a statement saying video evidence will be reviewed regarding incident(s) it will be interesting to see will they sweep it under the carpet or start to deal with thugs in our game.

Lots more to come from this over the next few days.

Fair play to Ardboe wishing Skeet a speedy recovery.
Living the dream!!!

BIGONE

Very measured and balance interview from Canavan. 8 officials at the game deemed it accidental. 26 cards yes, but 6 players picked up 18 of these, 2 yellows and a red. I'm pretty sure a Stewartstown player picked up a worse injury than Sean and spent the night in hospital. I don't see his pic on twitter though. anyone seen it?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: BIGONE on September 18, 2018, 08:46:38 AM
Very measured and balance interview from Canavan. 8 officials at the game deemed it accidental. 26 cards yes, but 6 players picked up 18 of these, 2 yellows and a red. I'm pretty sure a Stewartstown player picked up a worse injury than Sean and spent the night in hospital. I don't see his pic on twitter though. anyone seen it?

In defence of Sean which I dont normally do, people are getting carried away with this thing of "oh he put it on social media, he's looking attention", in his defence he was probably receiving hundreds of get well soon messages and I know i wouldnt be arsed replying back to all of them adn it would take forever,  the best thing to do is let everyone know you are ok with a post on his page and to say he appreciate's all the messages etc etc
Also he's not the first man to do this, ive seen instances of this before this season with footballers getting hurt in a game and going to social media to let everyone know he's ok, it is social media,thats the point of social media!!!! I dont like namin g people but one example is Carson of Greencastle, in this instance Gallagher (and rightly so) took the barage of the abuse for his actions and Carson none and rightly so, who we all wished him a speedy recovery, but in big Seans situation the majority are calling him names and all sorts because he put it on social media, weather or not it was accidental or intentional, at the end of the day he was concussed, broke his nose and had a suspected broken jaw and to be honest I had heard there was more damage so im glad he put up the post to correct everyone and let us know the damage and that he was ok again!!

BIGONE

I have a suspected thorn in my thumb. Oh, hang on a minute, I actually don't.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 17, 2018, 11:27:22 PM
https://twitter.com/lstwrd/status/1041754686511034368?s=21

Peter Canavan has his say on the Cavanagh incident! He describes Kieran Eanetta as one of the best referees in the county. I think he should be handing back his whistle after his last performance shows he can't handle the pace!

Tyrone county board have also released a statement saying video evidence will be reviewed regarding incident(s) it will be interesting to see will they sweep it under the carpet or start to deal with thugs in our game.

Lots more to come from this over the next few days.

Fair play to Ardboe wishing Skeet a speedy recovery.

In fairness I agree with Canavan here. You are being very hard on Eanetta, I have always found him a decent referee and a long way ahead of alot of them on the club scene
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either