All-Ireland Club Semi Finals

Started by riptorn, January 14, 2014, 03:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Keane on March 19, 2014, 07:06:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 07:01:17 PM
Quote from: Keane on March 19, 2014, 06:52:21 PM
If Feeney had any interest other than body checking the oncoming Vincent's player he would have been turning in the opposite direction to the one he did.

Anyone arguing the semantics of the rule with regard to this incident is missing the point:

Look at the gif. See what happens in it? That's the EXACT thing the rule is meant to punish. The only argument to be had (and tbh it's nonsense to think there is one in this case) is whether or not the rule describes exactly what happens in the GIF because that's exactly what it's meant to punish. The rule could as well be a copy of this gif stating "See image - this is a black card".

QuoteIt was literally one of the dumbest things I've ever seen anyone do on a football pitch.
Quoteyet because some moron gets himself sent off for one in the first few minutes of a big game we're lamenting the rules
QuoteI guarantee you we won't be seeing too many repeats of Feeney's stupidity
Quoteit just shows such a bad attitude

Someone like you who absolutely castigates an amateur player, that you know nothing about, anonymously on a public forum is not worth debating with.

Really, I wouldn't have expected anything else.

And my name is David Keane, my club is Kerins O'Rahillys in Tralee and I live in Ranelagh.

I would be very surprised if Feeney took any particular exception to my description of his idiotic tackle, which he has mentioned himself let his team down.

The irony of you criticising him for playing the man, by constantly playing the man, is obviously completely lost on you.

Like I said, not worth debating with someone who castigates an amateur player the way you did publicly.
MWWSI 2017

Main Street

Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 05:14:28 PM
Quote from: Bingo on March 19, 2014, 05:03:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 03:19:35 PM
This particular milk is now spilt.

However, I expect to see a lot of this in the coming summer.

The risk reward for the defender makes this a no brainer.

Run towards your opposite number and offload the pass late making a collision likely. If your opponent braces, as described by the ref that spoke to Bingo: "one of the signs he said for a deliberate block off the ball was the offending player tensing himself to give the hit ie he will naturally protect himself to give/take the hit". Thus if the other player tenses himself for the hit he might get a black card. Even though he doesn't move and you run into him.

The risk for the defender is, at most, a free against you that few refs would give, especially if you don't lead with the shoulder and take the hit on your own chest. But the reward is a black card against your opponent if you get it right.

You're not listening or just picking at parts. I said also that there should be movement towards the player, this makes it deliberate, a player bracing to ensure he doesn't get injured is also evidence of deliberate.

A player passing the ball and then colliding when it was unavoidable isn't deliberate and isn't a black card.

A defender attempt to achieve an advantage by feigning a foul or injury is also open to a yellow card and refs are talking about these offences as well in their briefings.

I agree with the first part but not the second. A player bracing to ensure he doesn't get injured, is only evidence that he doesn't want to get injured. If is a reflex.

If Mathieu Mastereaud is running at you, believe me you will brace. That doesn't mean you have deliberately tried to take him out.  ;D
Bastareaud  doesn't run,  he strides and leaves carbon footprints in his wake.
Would a Feeny brace do much to stop Bastareaud in his stride?

I guess refs are just going to have to discriminate between an organic coming together, the simulator and the malicious brace.

J OGorman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 19, 2014, 07:03:46 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 19, 2014, 06:59:59 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on March 19, 2014, 04:24:33 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 19, 2014, 03:30:34 PM
So, who's the only gay in the village St Vincent's team?

pray god theres no homo's playing gaelic fudball or we're all doomed!!  ::)

stats wise, there is prob a minimum 3 /4 gay men in each club. High time this was embraced

There's probably a few sheepshaggers, cross dressers and doggers in each club too, but you don't hear much about embracing their lifestyle choices.

Feck sake Benny, just chill out and not go turbo again.

Exactly. ..was only being a bit tongue in cheeks :-)

INDIANA

Run towards your opposite number and offload the pass late making a collision likely. If your opponent braces, as described by the ref that spoke to Bingo: "one of the signs he said for a deliberate block off the ball was the offending player tensing himself to give the hit ie he will naturally protect himself to give/take the hit". Thus if the other player tenses himself for the hit he might get a black card. Even though he doesn't move and you run into him.

The risk for the defender is, at most, a free against you that few refs would give, especially if you don't lead with the shoulder and take the hit on your own chest. But the reward is a black card against your opponent if you get it right.

What I find hilarious at this point is that based on your theories you'd swear the Vincents  player had committed an offence and was responsible for getting the line.

And somehow this instance where he's utterly blameless will somehow be construed by teams in the summer to use to their advantage to get opposing players black cards.

You really couldn't make this up.

Jonah

How did Connolly behave at the celebrations? Any jaws broken?

INDIANA

Quote from: Jonah on March 19, 2014, 08:40:25 PM

Only jaws broken were the ones of our begrudgers hitting the floor when they saw the sheer genius of his second goal and saying to themselves

" We don't have players in our county who can do that"

Jonah

Quote from: INDIANA on March 19, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Only jaws broken were the ones of our begrudgers hitting the floor when they saw the sheer genius of his second goal and saying to themselves

More of a hurling man meself to be honest so I don't care about who you have to score goals.

J OGorman

He without sin cast the first stone

Syferus

He lost the ball, though. Poor ball protection. 10 laps of whatever expensive spaceship Dublin players use for training.

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on March 19, 2014, 08:38:00 PM

What I find hilarious at this point is that based on your theories you'd swear the Vincents  player had committed an offence and was responsible for getting the line.

And somehow this instance where he's utterly blameless will somehow be construed by teams in the summer to use to their advantage to get opposing players black cards.

Put your ludicrous paranoia away. I congratulated Vincent's on a totally deserved victory and nowhere have I suggested that anyone got Feeney sent off. Nowhere have I suggested the Vincent's player committed an offence.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

I think most peoples jaws were dropping in amazement that he got away with all those steps.

INDIANA

Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 09:27:13 PM

Put your ludicrous paranoia away. I congratulated Vincent's on a totally deserved victory and nowhere have I suggested that anyone got Feeney sent off. Nowhere have I suggested the Vincent's player committed an offence.

You've implied at every god damn juncture. Ludicrous paranoia? Have a look in the mirror

INDIANA

Quote from: Jonah on March 19, 2014, 08:50:14 PM

More of a hurling man meself to be honest so I don't care about who you have to score goals.

My advice would be to stick to hurling then

muppet

Quote from: INDIANA on March 19, 2014, 09:52:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on March 19, 2014, 09:27:13 PM

You've implied at every god damn juncture. Ludicrous paranoia? Have a look in the mirror

You are defending your club mate from 'implied' accusations, ones that I am not making in any form. For the record, again, I am not accusing Bonnie of any offence. None, nada, zip.

MWWSI 2017

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: BennyCake on March 19, 2014, 09:49:05 PM

I think most peoples jaws were dropping in amazement that he got away with all those steps.

Oisin ??????