Martin Cole gets four week suspension

Started by Out in Front, June 11, 2008, 05:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

I think you're being harsh Drum.

From what I seen of that particular incident the Meath man leaned in for the shoulder and the Wexford man was falling as the tackle came and his head connected with the Meath man's shoulder. He didn't stick his elbow out which if he was trying to be dirty he could've done and caused a lot more damage. I think it was just something you will get with a high intensity championship game.

Drumanee 1

Quote from: screenexile on June 13, 2008, 10:24:46 AM
I think you're being harsh Drum.

From what I seen of that particular incident the Meath man leaned in for the shoulder and the Wexford man was falling as the tackle came and his head connected with the Meath man's shoulder. He didn't stick his elbow out which if he was trying to be dirty he could've done and caused a lot more damage. I think it was just something you will get with a high intensity championship game.

dont agree screen,he was trying to do him but we will agree to disagree

orangeman

According to today's Indo, DJ KANE has been handed an additional 6 month touchline ban !

D4S

Just chatting to 1 of down players cole's appeal unsuccessful! He's out for 4 weeks! Disgraceful
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

screenexile

Just right too... what an eejit the man is! Great servant to DOwn football and all the rest but an eejit!

D4S

Dunno how you can call the man an eejit for shrugging off a tackle....happens a dozen times in every match he was unfortunate hartes nose was broken but I really dont think there was intent and the yellow given at the time for dangerous play without intent was suffice!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

off the laces

Cole gets a yellow card during the game by the ref, that should have been it, we now have a situation where the ref in the middle are just there to confirm scores, an absolute disgrace.
Keeps 'er' straight

screenexile

Quote from: screenexile on June 13, 2008, 10:51:27 AM
Just right too... what an eejit the man is! Great servant to DOwn football and all the rest but an eejit!

Sorry I mean DJ! DJ is an eejit.

orangeman

Quote from: screenexile on June 13, 2008, 11:15:42 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 13, 2008, 10:51:27 AM

Sorry I mean DJ! DJ is an eejit.

I don't think the Down fans would agree with your sentiment - I know that he is held in high regard in Down.

screenexile

Ah but in all seriousness. He was down on the sideline, in the changing rooms at half time. He only had a few games to go until his ban was up and given the fact that Carr is likely to have his suspension upheld, the 2 of them will be missing for the next round be it in the Ulster Championship or the Qualifiers. In my opinion it was stupidity of the highest order and a mistake that could cost Down in the long run!

orangeman

Players win matches - mangers lose them !

Maximus Marillius

I did n't think being in the changing room was breaking his suspension. must be wrong

isourboydownyet

having received a ban recently from the touchline i think the whole thing is getting out of hand,how petty are they going to get?i got my ban for questioning a decision,i did not use foul or abusive language yet i received 8 weeks,within 24 hours i sent in a appeal,now get this i got a phone call last night from our club secretary to tell me my hearing would be next Wednesday,my ban is up next Monday :o.
if you tear into a ref and call him every name under the sun,OK take your punishment but if you question a ref are you going to get a ban? DJ stayed outside the field boundary and i never new he could not be in the changing room but to me it seems that they are doing DJ to get back at carr for putting in a appeal and seemingly being successful in that.

rrhf

Im not davy Harte but I dont think the incident should have been revisited.  The GAA has gone mad.   

redandblackjack

Quote from: screenexile on June 13, 2008, 11:26:02 AM
Ah but in all seriousness. He was down on the sideline,

When? AFAIK he was not on the sideline and did not leave the stand enclosure untill half time! These cowboys who are incharge of running our games are doing their best to ruin them............power struggle of the highest order and the suits are to blame! What did the GAA ever do without the cccc? A total pain in the arse and a joke- their appeals system is nonsense too. Jobs for the boys.