Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Belfast - not recommended.

armaghniac

What's wrong with Belfast, sure it is supposed to win Oscars?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on January 08, 2022, 10:47:43 PM
I think that is the problem - it has been hyped and for the life of me I can't see why. Does anyone know if it was written as a play and then converted to film, as that's what it plays like. And the presence of Van Morrison singing doesnt help.

tiempo

Watched There Will Be Blood over Christmas, a masterpiece

NotedObserver

Quote from: tiempo on January 08, 2022, 11:09:25 PM

Great great film. The filming is outstanding and Daniel day lewis performance as usual is outstanding

HiMucker

Quote from: NotedObserver on January 08, 2022, 11:40:22 PM
Quote from: tiempo on January 08, 2022, 11:09:25 PM

Great great film. The filming is outstanding and Daniel day lewis performance as usual is outstanding
I thought the acting was superb but it was boring as. Different strokes for different folks I suppose

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 08, 2022, 10:57:42 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on January 08, 2022, 10:47:43 PM
I think that is the problem - it has been hyped and for the life of me I can't see why. Does anyone know if it was written as a play and then converted to film, as that's what it plays like. And the presence of Van Morrison singing doesnt help.

Said the exact same. It looks just like a play.
I enjoyed it but there is not much to it. 
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

JPGJOHNNYG

Belfast was enjoyable enough but nothing amazing. Matrix resurrections was pure muck but then then so were the second and third films.

nrico2006

Belfast was OK, getting hyped due to it being about Branagh and the troubles, shot in black and white and having Judi Dench in it. Her accent was terrible too.

I thought the new matrix was good, far better than the second and third ones.

Can't remember much about There Will Be Blood Now, but remember thinking it was excellent when I watched it.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

Where can you watch Belfast?

trueblue1234

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 09, 2022, 09:59:47 AM
Belfast was OK, getting hyped due to it being about Branagh and the troubles, shot in black and white and having Judi Dench in it. Her accent was terrible too.

I thought the new matrix was good, far better than the second and third ones.

Can't remember much about There Will Be Blood Now, but remember thinking it was excellent when I watched it.
I was the same with the matrix films. 2&3 struggled. But this was better and some good throw backs.

Watched the Resident Evil reboot as well. Really liked it as was expecting the worst!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Watched The Father with Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman, hard to describe the emotions this film puts you through, Hopkins is brilliant and Olivia Colman superb as his daughter.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2022, 09:50:51 AM
Watched The Father with Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Colman, hard to describe the emotions this film puts you through, Hopkins is brilliant and Olivia Colman superb as his daughter.

Heard it's very good and Hopkins gives a masterclass but  I can't watch sad films in my old age now. Same with that show Afterlife with Ricky Gervais. Looks good but would put me on a complete downer.

JoG2

Quote from: JimStynes on January 23, 2022, 01:42:26 PM

Heard it's very good and Hopkins gives a masterclass but  I can't watch sad films in my old age now. Same with that show Afterlife with Ricky Gervais. Looks good but would put me on a complete downer.

I know what you me a Jim, but definitely give Afterlife a go. Uplifting as well as heartbreaking!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JoG2 on January 23, 2022, 06:16:17 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on January 23, 2022, 01:42:26 PM

I know what you me a Jim, but definitely give Afterlife a go. Uplifting as well as heartbreaking!
Thought that last series of Afterlife was average enough.