Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Windmill abu on September 30, 2021, 12:30:44 PM
I watched "Boys from County Hell" last night. I knew nothing about it before hand and only watched it as Conor Grimes (Datsun Donaghy) and Fra Fee are in it. It turned out to be a very good vampire move. It is a bit like An American Werewolf in London. It could have been called an Irish Vampire in Derry. It also has John Lynch and Louisa Harland (Orla from Derry Girls). So good performances all round and I would rate it 8 out of 10.

Never heard of it. Where can you watch this?

mrdeeds

Watched Dark Waters on Netflix. Excellent and scary that it's a true story.

Rudi

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 19, 2021, 11:05:56 AM

Big Pharma & chemical companies don't do any wrong. Big thick farmer hadn't a clue what he was talking about.  :(

Milltown Row2

And there are more like it or worse. the one on Prime I think or Netflix about Oxycontin? I think looks good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: screenexile on November 16, 2021, 12:57:22 PM
Watched Red Notice last night... meh!

Has anyone seen Dune in the Cinema? Heard mixed reports but sounds like the kind of film you'd need to see on the big screen.

Yeah, Dune is the definition of cinematic. It's made to be seen on as big a screen as possible. I liked it a lot, but I was already a huge fan of the book. I could understand it if it lost people that weren't familiar with the story, there's a lot bubbling under the surface at all times. Find some of the chat that it was too slow amusing, as I thought it actually jumped about too quickly and neglected to really develop some key characters. For my money it might have worked better as a trilogy than as a two parter.

Also saw Eternals this week. I have generally found the Marvel stuff pretty entertaining, but this was just bad. Too long, too many paper thin characters, boring baddies, and some pretty ropey acting. Altogether a bit of a mess.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Orior

Watched the film Muscle last night. Great ending.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 01:14:28 PM

And there are more like it or worse. the one on Prime I think or Netflix about Oxycontin? I think looks good
Dopesick is on Disney+.

Milltown Row2

Went to cinema with the daughter last night to watch King Richard, great show, daughter is mad into Serena Williams, gives a good account of the early days of that family

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 09:05:55 PM
Went to cinema with the daughter last night to watch King Richard, great show, daughter is mad into Serena Williams, gives a good account of the early days of that family
Briefly the world stopped for a moment in time when I thought you were big into Shakespeare, it was a WTF sobering thought.

lurganblue

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 20, 2021, 09:21:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 19, 2021, 01:14:28 PM

Dopesick is on Disney+.

Yeah that's based on The Pharmacist documentary on Netflix. Mad stuff.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Main Street on December 03, 2021, 12:09:30 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 02, 2021, 09:05:55 PM
Briefly the world stopped for a moment in time when I thought you were big into Shakespeare, it was a WTF sobering thought.

I was confused when she sent me a text about wanting to go... I thought it strange at first. I know she likes GOT but didn't make connection till i looked it up!

bennydorano

Recently watched - Memory The origins of Alien. Great documentary. Watched Alien after, easy to forget how good that movie is. Daddy of the Sci fi/ horror genre

clarshack

New Matrix film any good? Liked the first one but thought the 2nd film was rubbish so never bothered with the third.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: clarshack on December 23, 2021, 09:30:22 PM
New Matrix film any good? Liked the first one but thought the 2nd film was rubbish so never bothered with the third.
The 3rd was worse than the 2nd. Will watch the new one but reviews aren't great.

imtommygunn

By all accounts it's very poor but bill Murray's new film is where it is at.