Which County Board are not known for appealing decisions ?

Started by sligeach, August 31, 2007, 04:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligeach

Just out of interest ...

Dublin (appealing Peader Cartons banning) and Cork appealing everything all the time. What county boards "usually" take their punishment (most of the time) and get on with things ?

I would have thought Kerry myself but that's because I just can't remember them getting any suspensions etc ....

lynchbhoy

never found tyrone county board (or any of them for that matter )  appealing

(no  - i dont have a real answer to your question, sorry)

Barney

Mayo won't rock the boat to guarantee their own personal gain

darbyo

Waterford famously never appealed the Mullane suspension a few years back

Pangurban

On the very rare occasions that any Down player has been involved in disciplinary breaches, we have accepted the decision of the disciplinary body without demur

Louth Exile

Against Wexford in this year's SFC the ref clearly didn't play three minutes injury time that he should have, Louth CB never said Boo!!

Cork CB are always whinging, they have a persecution complex
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

thewobbler

County Down have even been financially rewarded in the past for not appealing awful decisions.

we are blue... etc

We've done it a couple of times in the last few years.

Micko was suspended from the sideline last year for incursions onto the pitch against Offaly I think but we successfully appealed with the help of video evidence.
Also appealed Brendan Quigley's suspension ahead of the Leinster U21 final against Offaly this year.

Quote from: sligeach on August 31, 2007, 04:32:49 PM
What county boards "usually" take their punishment (most of the time) and get on with things ?

Depends on whether the punishment was justified or not in the first place doesn't it?

heffo

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 31, 2007, 06:52:10 PM
never found tyrone county board (or any of them for that matter )  appealing

(no  - i dont have a real answer to your question, sorry)

Wrong - Ryan McMenamin -  2005

heffo

Quote from: Pangurban on September 01, 2007, 12:37:12 AM
On the very rare occasions that any Down player has been involved in disciplinary breaches, we have accepted the decision of the disciplinary body without demur

Wrong  - Wee Jimmy in 2003.

blast05

QuoteI would have thought Kerry myself but that's because I just can't remember them getting any suspensions etc

Not directly, but the Kerry county board controversially overturned a red card handed to Darragh O'Shea in a county semi-final (or perhaps earlier club match) a few years back to enable him to play in an All-Ireland semi or final 2/3 weeks later.

INDIANA

also rescinded a 6mth club ban on galvin - which became 3 mths when o connor intervened.

Pangurban

Quote from Heffo---Wrong  - Wee Jimmy in 2003.
You are the one who is wrong Heffo, Down were only involved in the appeals procedure in this case because an action being taken against our player in the courts,necessitated that there be a higher lever of clarity as to what actually occured, than would normally be the case if only a suspension was involved. Any player in this situation is entitled to and should reasonably expect the full support of his Co.Board. In the normal course of events we do not appeal disciplinary decisions.