Mandatory covid 19 vaccination

Started by grounded, November 21, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Covid 19 vaccination(s) become mandatory by law in Ireland(North and South)?

Yes
45 (50%)
No
45 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: November 24, 2021, 10:49:12 PM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on November 28, 2021, 10:25:35 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 28, 2021, 10:20:28 PM
Quote from: grounded on November 28, 2021, 10:09:35 PM
Nice. When you have to resort to insults to make your argument you know your bate.

I've learned largely from the covid thread that there is no point even attempting to make an argument with stupid people based on facts and logic.

intelligence is in short supply alright  ;)

why is it always nordies against reason though  ::)

Nordies are always against reason, because of their acceptance of it (so called reason) in the past?

Milltown Row2

Nice. When you have to resort to insults to make your argument you know your bate.

I've learned largely from the covid thread that there is no point even attempting to make an argument with stupid people based on facts and logic.

Says the guy who doesn't recognise the best golfer Ireland has ever produced  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 28, 2021, 10:54:45 PM

Nordies are always against reason, because of their acceptance of it (so called reason) in the past?

a strange people yes   :-\

imtommygunn

What's going on? Are nordies for or against the vaccine passport? Which one is reason?

grounded

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 28, 2021, 09:30:00 PM
What Freedoms been denied are people on about? Not go into a setting without a mask? There many a nightclub you can't wear white trainers into, did that club take away my freedom.? Some clubs, are over 21, am the age 18-20, is my freedom took away that I can get in most place but not there. Years ago many people drove without wearing a seat belt. They started fining people for such, cause normal people were either stupid or ignorant of the danger. So if someone can list my stolen freedoms I like to hear, maybe some people waving swastika posters at the Belfast Rally last week, should watch Einsatzgruppen, Nazi death squads if they can stomach it on Netflix. truly horrifying to watch. Maybe then they know waving that to proof their stance, is stomach churning.

Anybody waving around a swastika to try and make some sort of political point, want a firm boot up the hole. (Be that an anti covid vaccination or a loyalist rally).

lenny

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 29, 2021, 07:38:18 AM
What's going on? Are nordies for or against the vaccine passport? Which one is reason?

For.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on November 29, 2021, 09:41:59 AM

For.

Is there a link to the NI vaccine Passport ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

If you already have the travel passport (CovidCertNI), then the domestic one should be available to you. 

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/apply-domestic-covid-vaccination-certificate

sligoman

Vaccination has been sold to people as a way to get back to normal & that's why it hasn't worked, it doesn't stop transmission & infection. If you behave as you did pre Covid then you're going to get it & pass it on whether you're vaccinated or not. I've learned that personally, I'm fully vaccinated & attended a wedding a number of weeks back where our table had a break out with all of us bar 1 getting it, all of us were fully vaccinated.

I think this focus on the unvaccinated is a way to deflect from failings from politicians & health officials.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sligoman on November 29, 2021, 10:40:54 AM
Vaccination has been sold to people as a way to get back to normal & that's why it hasn't worked, it doesn't stop transmission & infection. If you behave as you did pre Covid then you're going to get it & pass it on whether you're vaccinated or not. I've learned that personally, I'm fully vaccinated & attended a wedding a number of weeks back where our table had a break out with all of us bar 1 getting it, all of us were fully vaccinated.

I think this focus on the unvaccinated is a way to deflect from failings from politicians & health officials.

Did you end up in hospital?

trueblue1234

Quote from: lenny on November 29, 2021, 09:41:59 AM

For.

To be fair it seems to be the southern alright who aren't happy with the covid passport. They have form in showing little concern for their fellow Irishmen,
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

sligoman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 10:49:24 AM

Nope it was a fairly mild dose, bit of a headcold for a few days but fine again now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sligoman on November 29, 2021, 11:03:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 29, 2021, 10:49:24 AM

Nope it was a fairly mild dose, bit of a headcold for a few days but fine again now.

So the vaccine could have helped you, though age and fitness and no underlying issues would have given you as much protection, possibly, you'll not know.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yep. As I said already the unvaccinated are a risk to themselves and hospital capacity  but the vaccinated have similar viral loads to those of the unvaccinated. The vaccine lowers risk slightly of passing it on but lowers risk of getting sick more significantly

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 29, 2021, 11:29:26 AM

Yep. As I said already the unvaccinated are a risk to themselves and hospital capacity  but the vaccinated have similar viral loads to those of the unvaccinated. The vaccine lowers risk slightly of passing it on but lowers risk of getting sick more significantly

So by lowering it can only be a good thing?