AIF 2021 -- Maigh Eo vs Tír Eoghain

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 28, 2021, 06:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on September 12, 2021, 01:33:10 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 12, 2021, 01:08:11 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on September 12, 2021, 01:00:10 AM
Embarrassing from the Mayo forward line today. Yet again their piss poor forwards have been found out on the big day

Fortunately, those piss poor forwards were good enough to beat overfunded Dublin.

How many All Ireland titles/medals have those Dublin players? This year you had a Dublin squad who were running on empty and their priorities were other things than winning another All Ireland.

The reality is this Mayo squad isn't anywhere near the quality of the sides that pushed Dublin so close and they are as far away from winning Sam as they've ever been

And what were their priorities if not winning San? You are the sorest loser of anyone on this site

seafoid

Quote from: Sportacus on September 11, 2021, 09:41:06 PM
All the experts who never won a thing on here slagging AOS.  Wise up. He is what he is, has good days and bad days. Twice the player almost every person on this board ever was.

AOS
History repeats itself

https://youtu.be/t8Myb8i13qY
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40360697.html

Three-time All-Ireland winner Hickey described Mayo as a "tragic outfit" prior to last December's final clash with Dublin
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

lenny

Well done to Tyrone, as I expected they won the game comfortably and had it under control from early on. I think at this stage they've pushed themselves up the rankings and are now probably the second best team in the country after Dublin with Kerry third.

manfromdelmonte

Get some scientists in to study this strain of covid that the Tyrone boys caught.

tyroneman

Quote from: seafoid on September 12, 2021, 07:07:21 AM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40360697.html

Three-time All-Ireland winner Hickey described Mayo as a "tragic outfit" prior to last December's final clash with Dublin

That article is pure comedy gold..lamenting the hard done by Dubs and begrudgingly tipping Mayo to beat Kerry in the final.....with not a mention of Tyrone.

knockitdown

Anyone able to post Brollys full analysis from the independent?

Itchy

Quote from: knockitdown on September 12, 2021, 08:24:39 AM

Analysis by Joe brolly

Mayo are shite this week
Funny story that never happened  no 1
Funny story that never happened  no 2
Mayo are shite

yellowcard

Quote from: knockitdown on September 12, 2021, 08:24:39 AM

Didn't see it but my guess is:

RTE quiz joke
Loads of pints last night
Received a text msg from a former player
Aidan O'Shea is a joke

grounded

https://www.otbsports.com/football/padraig-hampsey-speech-1250647

That's the link to Padraig's winning speech. A very under rated player.
       A credit to his county unlike the Donegal supporter behind him!

FearAnFhírinne

Fair play to Tyrone - worthy winners and hats off to their fans too, all of whom I found to be very gracious in victory. Some other counties' fans could learn a lot from them on how to behave themselves.

On the game itself - that was a very disappointing performance but you'd have to give credit to Tyrone for how they defended and managed their opposing players.

Leeroy once again outstanding for us, as was Stephen Coen. Other than those 2 with perhaps the odd exception, there was little to cheer in terms of performance.

We created a number of chances but just didn't convert them and that was pretty much the story of the day. The absence of Cillian is unquantifiable. Don't know if he would have been able to close the 5 point difference, but that's by the by now.

Yesterday was Tyrones day and I wish them well and may they enjoy their celebrations, they Certainly deserve it.

yellowcard

It was a better game than I expected and congratulations to Tyrone on a well deserved victory. Some achievement by Dooher and Logan in their first year in management and you have to have a grudging admiration for their ability to get the job done. It's only a matter of time now before they steal Downs mantle as the most successful team in the 6 counties.

For Mayo they just failed to perform and had about 5 good goal chances yet took none of them. They have an abundance of good running half backs but have a severe shortage of good inside forwards who can finish. They will come back again but that is no consolation the day after another devastating defeat.

Gael85

Quote from: Crete Boom on September 12, 2021, 02:44:51 AM
Well done Tyrone better team won no question.
I thought you tightened up a tiny bit after the second goal and left the door slighty ajar for us but not long after you realised we were stuck in panic mode and drove it home with ease.
We were poor, error strewn on and off the pitch and seemed to be fighting against ourseleves as well as Tyrone to try and get into the game.
The scars from previous final losses I thought were evident today especially after the penalty miss when the harder we were trying the deeper we sank into a hole we couldn't get out of!
The second goal from Tyrone was quality and delivered at the perfect time and for me summed up the composure all Tyrone players showed once they got to the pitch of the game.
I feel for O'Shea as he is the lighting rod for all the annoyance of other counties who are sick of us wasting our chances in finals over and over again. Truth be told his time is likely done with Mayo now.
Horan needs to keep the youth drive going and I think Stephen Coen had quietly a great season for us.
One thing we haven't got right all season is our half forward line, from the very first league game it has been inconsistent in both play and selection.

Lastly to the couple of Dubs posters on here money can move you up a class but you are great example how money can never seem to buy you class.

Only on gaaboard  every discussion turns to Dublin. Plenty other threads for that. This is Tyrone day.

trueblue1234

Long day yesterday, but a great days craic and atmosphere even with half the crowd.
Tyrone just seem to be better set up and there was some big performances by that Tyrone team. Not least in midfield were I was worried we would be overrun. McCurry has been a class act this year and I hope he uses it to push on over the next few years. And if him, McKenna, McShane, Canavan all continue to develop then it's an attack that can challenge with any County.
Mentions for Harte and Morgan as well as they were outstanding.

Can't not feel for the Mayo supporters. Such a deserving group and I really hope they manage to get across the line at some point. Brought so much excitement to the championship the last decade. For Keegan alone it would be great. A rolls Royce player.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit